• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v India

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Will be the biggest challenge of the tournament for us, and for the first time our batting will be truly tested. But I reckon' we got this.

centurymaker

International Captain
Even since India won their 2nd group game, I just knew it'd be India v England with India winning it and people then turning a blind eye to the IPL scandal........ all will be forgiven...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Should be a good game. I think there is far less chance of England collapsing than India. I could see England winning or losing a close one, but whilst India could definitely win, they could also get hammered. Hope that doesn't happen.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So basically either England or India will win or lose comprehensively or narrowly. Cheers Jono.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Seriously never thought India would make it this far. Was just wondering before the tournament how awesome it would be if India could do well in the Champions Trophy a la 2000 amidst the match fixing scandal. If things follow that script though India is losing the finals.

The English bowling though is so much better than what India has faced till now. Taking it slow initially might be the way to go.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should be a good game. I think there is far less chance of England collapsing than India. I could see England winning or losing a close one, but whilst India could definitely win, they could also get hammered. Hope that doesn't happen.
jono stahp

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Key for India is seeing off the English new ball bowlers and going hard after Tredwell and Bopara. I think England have a real weakness in their four and fifth bowlers that India can exploit.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Key for India is seeing off the English new ball bowlers and going hard after Tredwell and Bopara. I think England have a real weakness in their four and fifth bowlers that India can exploit.
fifth bowler yes and india are best suited to exposing that. But not the fourth bowler in Tredwell. Bowled well in India and I think India will be respectful against him.

England's biggest problem will likely be playing Jadeja

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gotta feel for Karthik, scored two high quality tons in the warm ups, but hasn't got much of a chance to capitalize on his form for the rest of the tournament. Raina's also had very little time out in the middle.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
I'm not so convinced by the so-called "flawless" batting that India has had in this tournament, particularly in their semi against SL, though of course that could be due to the conditions. I actually think India's bowling is more dangerous. It'll be close, but I feel England ought to win this.