• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final - England v India

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who would have thought that holding the final at a ground with prank-drainage in a rainy area with no reserve day was a bad idea.

Stapel

International Regular
I guess I should be looking for an alternative sunday afternoon activity.... I can't see a window for 40 overs today.

Uppercut

Just don't play them at all sure. They're an embarrassment to the sport. Imagine if it happened in football: "Nah we were going to play the World Cup final, but it was raining so we just decided to share the trophy instead".

Reckon the ICC are a step ahead here.

Burgey

So it's a shared trophy if there's no play today? They don't separate the teams via NRR through the tournament?

Dissector

International Debutant
This is sadly shaping up to be a repeat of India's other Champions Trophy final against the host. Indian advertisers must be gnashing their teeth on what might have been the biggest cricket TV audience since the World Cup final. However if the game does get completed, a shortened version probably helps India in that early wickets will matter less.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
They have flood lights but won't use them to turn it into a day-night game (in case the rain stops)!!!! so the cut off time is 4.18 pm