• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 2 - India v Sri Lanka

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Performs against most teams tbf. Against India he is poor though.

Wonder what his record is like post-2007 WC

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Even in the Indian team I think it is mostly Kohli and Dhoni. Never really felt any of the other batsmen were totally on top of him.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
What was the logic behind Dhoni bowling himself? I don't quite understand given his quicks seemed to be bowling well (or at least the scorecard suggests that, I didn't see the game), and the spinners bowled out their 10 each.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think (and really, who knows) its a combination of:

a) that at the time the spinners weren't getting purchase and assistance from the wicket (they eventually did, but alter), whereas the seamers were.. So he may have originally planned (prior to Rockstar Jadeja getting some serious turn and bounce) to make up some overs from the spinners with some seam up bowling, and he chose to bowl himself over Kohli; and
b) taking the piss.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm guessing he thought the pitch wouldn't suit his spinners, so he tried to sneak in an additional few overs of pace (well, 'pace'). Kohli's bowling doesn't really suit swinging conditions, and coupled with the fact that he's actually a truly rubbish bowler, Dhoni must've thought that bowling himself was the best option. Unnecessary in the end of course.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Says the bloke who logs onto CW and asks for cricket score updates. Nah I'm not copping that from you out of all people!