• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 1 - England v South Africa

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This side is just really reliant on Amla and De Villiers setting up the innings. Smith injured and Kallis sitting out for personal reasons or whatever leaves them really light in the top order; I can't believe their reluctance to play Virus personally. I've never rated him much, particularly in OD cricket, but having him anchor would've really helped them in this tournament.
Yeah the pair making 1 run combined has stuffed them up no doubt. I think Faf, Miller and Duminy are decent are support players but yeah I agree with you that Alviro Petersen should have been playing.

stumpski

International Captain
Who else had forgotten that it was a power play? Three runs in the last over.

We must be due another wicket soon.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broad such a weird bowler. Doesn't just have good and bad spells, he mixes good and bad within each over of a spell.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Sky advertising the fact that Bumble is answering questions on Twitter at the break. Anyone that's actually read Bumble's Twitter would not find that interesting in any way shape or form. Can't wait for more references to red trousers, or replies to illiterate Indian fans that berate him for being biased.

Someone get Miller out please. Jimmeh at one end, Tredwell at the other.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Whenever someone makes room against Broad by going leg-side he puts it in short, giving them an easy cut shot. He really isn't a particularly clever bowler.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
We haven't seen our 5th bowler yet. Which is fair enough from Cook given how it's gone so far, but SA will fancy seeing Bopara and Root off and getting somewhere beyond 150.

King Pietersen

International Captain
FFS. This should really have been over by now. Some rank bowling from Finn, then Broad has given SA a lifeline. Wouldn't surprise me if they end up with almost 200 here if Miller continues to fire.

stumpski

International Captain
50 partnership with that 6. Introduction of Root, and now Bopara, suggests that England don't back themselves to do the job in 40 overs.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
England wont lose anything bowling with Bopara, he should continue on bowling and a strike bowler from the other end.