• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 1 - England v South Africa

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Buttler has been really good - I think Wade would have 3 dropped catches to his name if he was keeping today.

Why exactly is Graeme Smith not a part of the one day setup?

stumpski

International Captain
Could this be one of those situations where England have to bat for a while before the interval? Or do they only do that in county cricket?

Smith has been injured since early May.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Goodness gracious.

I really should go to bed, but I can't look away. It's car-crash cricket.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thank you.

I just can't believe this batting effort, I thought SA had an excellent chance of posting a tough total for England to chase.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Could this be one of those situations where England have to bat for a while before the interval? Or do they only do that in county cricket?

Smith has been injured since early May.
Didn't that happen in the New Zealand-Sri Lanka match?

stumpski

International Captain
Daft, isn't it. Just have the interval between innings. Done for television presumably. I imagine the cutoff is something like 45 overs, and you'd expect England to take the last two wickets in less than 20 overs.

And there's our review gone.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Thank you.

I just can't believe this batting effort, I thought SA had an excellent chance of posting a tough total for England to chase.
This side is just really reliant on Amla and De Villiers setting up the innings. Smith injured and Kallis sitting out for personal reasons or whatever leaves them really light in the top order; I can't believe their reluctance to play Virus personally. I've never rated him much, particularly in OD cricket, but having him anchor would've really helped them in this tournament.

Last edited: