• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Final 1 - England v South Africa

Howe_zat

Audio File
The South Africans have actually bowled pretty well, but this attack is seriously lacking any kind of variety.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
PEWS looking good for his bet as it stands. Only thing that can stop him is if Trott gets out now and Root manages to get past his score.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
PEWS looking good for his bet as it stands. Only thing that can stop him is if Trott gets out now and Root manages to get past his score.
Yeah. Trott will definitely get out before Root though, leaving enough time for me to chew my nails. I keep winning these bets but they're always so tense.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Geez, it is the small things. 85 mph in swinging length ball and Root waited for it, played beautifully straight and used the wrists to time the ball to mid off. Dot ball and irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but just special to a very good ball. No risk, no worry just treating a quality ball on it's merits and Root didn't think it was anything to be concerned about.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kallis and Trott are pretty similar LO batsmen. Both just never seem to get out, while giving the illusion that their not scoring all that many runs. Hate it because my heart tells me they're not very good at this ODI biz, but my head tells me otherwise.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Kallis and Trott are pretty similar LO batsmen. Both just never seem to get out, while giving the illusion that their not scoring all that many runs. Hate it because my heart tells me they're not very good at this ODI biz, but my head tells me otherwise.
Trott has also struck at 90 odd here