• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

David Warner Smashes Wigless Joe Root

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
However this thing would have escalated anyway when the press got hold of it. CA would have to get involved from that point.
Yeah, dunno how CA thought they were gonna keep a lid on it. It was in a public place FFS, someone was gonna spill eventually.

Still piss weak by Watson though.

Howe_zat

Audio File

Former vice-captain Shane Watson wasn't happy with the lack of reprimand given to Warner, accusing coach Mickey Arthur of double-standards after he dropped Watson and three other players for one Test on the tour of India earlier this year for not completing a team "homework" task.
That's a Cevno :shock:

Spark

Global Moderator
Watson is a sook though he does have a point. Its just not so important to jeopardise team unity. However this thing would have escalated anyway when the press got hold of it. CA would have to get involved from that point.
Yep. This isn't a court of law, this is about the team (and it certainly isn't about ****ing Shane Watson)

BeeGee

International Captain
That's ****ing disgraceful. How can you have any kind of team unity or spirit with this kind of **** going on?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guys, I'm not sure we can rule out the possibility that Watson paid Root to wear the beard and make an Amla reference...............

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol!

Seriously a bunch of oversized kids, aren't these guys? I remember my schooldays when we used to get our evaluated answer papers, how religiously we used to compare between peers and secretly go and complain about the other kid given more marks for a similar answer.
I pity you.

the big bambino

International Captain
This incident gives perspective to the stupidity of standing down players for not doing their homework in India. Arthur and his clowns set such a disproportionate punishment for that indiscretion that you'd really have to shoot Warner if you wanted to recalibrate punishments for crimes committed. Management deprived themselves of options and room to move when they overreacted in homeworkgate that its actually understandable they tried to cover up this incident. Fining the players in India and sending Warner home now would have been justifiable punishments. All they have succeeded in doing is going ott in India and caught out being sneaky here. As a consequence the mishandling gave Watson the excuse to complain of dbl stds, divide and embarrass the team and make mgmt look like hypocrites and incompetents. The ill will from homeworkgate is still festering.

Last edited:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Watson is a ****ing cancer on the Test team, whether this is true or not.

Official non-****s XI for Trent Bridge:

1. Cowan
2. Rogers
3. Khawaja
4. Bailey
5. Clarke
6. Smith
7. Haddin
8. Pattinson
9. Siddle
10. Harris
11. Lyon

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
After homeworkgate Arthur said that Watson has always been a brilliant professional but for Khawaja he hoped it would be the turning point. Guy's obviously not always pulling his weight, and I hate that. Hughes can come into the side in the ****less team. Least he seems to work his socks off on his batting.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
After homeworkgate Arthur said that Watson has always been a brilliant professional but for Khawaja he hoped it would be the turning point. Guy's obviously not always pulling his weight, and I hate that. Hughes can come into the side in the ****less team. Least he seems to work his socks off on his batting.
Agreed. I've always thought there is more to Hughes than his efforts have so far produced. I mean you don't score the runs he did against the SA quicks and then tear up the county bowlers for a year without having "something".

Certainly if I was an Aussie fan I'd rather have a bloke like Hughes wearing the Baggy Green and work on him, than someone like Warner who has probably done more in the last few years but seems to take the whole gig for granted. It's got to be said, from where I'm sitting this current Aussie side is a shambles from Management down. Poor form and bad performances can be tolerated, lack of commitment, self control and lack of respect for their privileged positions can not.

If players like Warner, Watson and Usman et al can't pull their heads in then **** em off and bring in players that will knuckle down, even if on the face of it they aren't as talented.........the harsh reality is they can't do any worse.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
nah Warner is genuinely talented. Has scored some absolutely brilliant centuries. The Hobart one in particular springs to mind.

But really, he should have been sent home after first whiff of this story. Absolutely ridiculous for CA to try to cover it up.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Faulkner is a bit of a rare cat, with a similar level of self-confidence to Warner and Maxwell. That he wasn't out and about with those other young guys might show that he "gets it" a bit more, and also speaks for the environment he's emerged from in Tasmania.

the big bambino

International Captain
Yeah I was thinking of Moises as a possible replacement for Watson but would I like Faulkner's attitude and would have him above Henriques.