Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 183
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: David Warner Smashes Wigless Joe Root

  1. #46
    International Debutant Adders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    HMP Oz.
    Posts
    2,380
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    sounds like a nothing. has root made a complaint?
    Not that I've heard, apparently he accepted Warnerflogs apology.

    Could even have been an Aussie player there that reported it for all we know.

  2. #47
    TNT
    TNT is offline
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    And apparently punches as well as he bats, someone posted earlier they saw England training this morning and Root doesn't have a mark on him.

    Oh and TNT. This from the Manager of the Walkabout



    Doesn't sound to me like Root was running off to "dibberdob" to anyone. The trouble with your ridiculous comments is that you are basing it all on assumptions, the rest of us are just going on what has been reported.
    Only trouble with that is Root should have come out and said there is nothing to it. That to me implies he has gone off crying to the ECB.
    If you nick it walk

  3. #48
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    11,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Not that I've heard, apparently he accepted Warnerflogs apology.

    Could even have been an Aussie player there that reported it for all we know.
    To be honest these days it was always likely to get out. Seems bizarre Root is getting stick for being a cry baby when he was the one who got punched for no reason.

  4. #49
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    11,611
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    Only trouble with that is Root should have come out and said there is nothing to it. That to me implies he has gone off crying to the ECB.
    Good god you would be good in a court of law wouldn't you.


  5. #50
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Moeen is a perfectly fine bowler FFS.
    Posts
    15,276
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    And if Root is going to be a smartarse everytime England win he will end up like most poms with no teeth.
    Well at least you acknowledge England will be thrashing you sorry lot consistently. Mind you you'd have to be as thick as David Warner not to realise that, old chap.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

  6. #51
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,443
    See, when you say "old chap", you lose all credibility.

  7. #52
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Not that I've heard, apparently he accepted Warnerflogs apology.

    Could even have been an Aussie player there that reported it for all we know.
    nah those journo flogs would be following them everywhere ready for something to paste over the papers

    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    To be honest these days it was always likely to get out. Seems bizarre Root is getting stick for being a cry baby when he was the one who got punched for no reason.
    he had a wig for a beard!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

  8. #53
    Hall of Fame Member grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Moeen is a perfectly fine bowler FFS.
    Posts
    15,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    See, when you say "old chap", you lose all credibility.
    Ha, yes, credibility, I'll think on that next time I read your views on Lyon over swannn, old cove (is that better).
    Last edited by grecian; 12-06-2013 at 06:49 AM.

  9. #54
    Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    9,508
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    Only trouble with that is Root should have come out and said there is nothing to it. That to me implies he has gone off crying to the ECB.
    I really want to start harassing you constantly over the forum until the moderators put me in line, then I can constantly mock you for "crying off to the moderators".
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

    When KP returns he will be the banana..

  10. #55
    Cricket Spectator RFC AUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Truganina Victoria
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    To be honest these days it was always likely to get out. Seems bizarre Root is getting stick for being a cry baby when he was the one who got punched for no reason.
    for no reason? had to be a reason..

  11. #56
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,443
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Ha, yes, credibility, I'll think on that next time I read your views on Lyon over swannn, old cove (is that better).
    Nah, they're both rubbish affectations.

  12. #57
    International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    11,611
    For all those saying Root grassed on Warner they should think on. It must have been Watson just so he can get his opening spot back.

  13. #58
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,673
    let's be honest though, if you make fun of Amla you deserve to get hit
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

  14. #59
    TNT
    TNT is offline
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    I really want to start harassing you constantly over the forum until the moderators put me in line, then I can constantly mock you for "crying off to the moderators".
    Well just dont wear a wig for a beard and we will get on just fine.
    akilana likes this.

  15. #60
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,443
    Quote Originally Posted by RFC AUS View Post
    for no reason? had to be a reason..
    No there doesn't. There might have been some reason for all anyone knows, but there doesn't have to be one.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. David Warner's drunken tweeting
    By vic_orthdox in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 289
    Last Post: 26-05-2013, 10:04 PM
  2. Can David Warner settle as an opener in australian team??
    By satheeshv37 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 14-01-2012, 01:29 AM
  3. David Warner
    By slippy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 02:52 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •