Cricket Player Manager
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: David Warner Smashes Wigless Joe Root

Random bloke being Darren Gough.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Swann got punched back when he toured SA years ago, didn't he?
    Hope so

Banned
    I don't se a problem with punching a pom, it should be a sport on it's own.

An ECB statement said: "England and Wales Cricket Board confirms that David Warner initiated an unprovoked physical attack on a member of the England team in a Birmingham bar following England's 48 run victory over Australia.

"Warner has admitted behaving inappropriately and has since apologised to the player involved who has accepted the apology.

"Following a full investigation the England team management has concluded that the England player was in no way responsible for nor retaliated to the attack."
    This incident is unforgivable considering that Warner was already 'skating on thin ice' after his run-in with the Murdoch press recently.

If Warner was provoked or goaded then that would be different, and I may have some sympathy. But to a throw a punch just for the sake of it is just plain cowardly and something I'd expect from the U16s, not a member of the National team.
    Len Hutton - Jack Hobbs - Ted Dexter - Peter May - Walter Hammond - Frank Woolley - Ian Botham - Alan Knott - Hedley Verity - John Snow - Fred Trueman

Victor Trumper - Bill Lawry - Don Bradman - Greg Chappell - Allan Border - Keith Miller - Adam Gilchrist - Alan Davidson - Shane Warne - Dennis Lillee - Glenn McGrath

This is hilarious.

Warner incident 'covered-up': report

Nine News reports that when Australian team management in England initially found out about the incident on Sunday they felt it was minor enough to deal with internally, without punishment.

Former vice-captain Shane Watson wasn't happy with the lack of reprimand given to Warner, accusing coach Mickey Arthur of double-standards after he dropped Watson and three other players for one Test on the tour of India earlier this year for not completing a team "homework" task.

It was only after Watson's complaint to Arthur that Cricket Australia became involved and a further inquiry was launched. Warner was then dropped from Australia's Champions Trophy team that played New Zealand at Edgbaston on Wednesday.

Oh, Watto.
    hendrix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jnr. View Post
    This is hilarious.

Nine News reports that when Australian team management in England initially found out about the incident on Sunday they felt it was minor enough to deal with internally, without punishment.

Former vice-captain Shane Watson wasn't happy with the lack of reprimand given to Warner, accusing coach Mickey Arthur of double-standards after he dropped Watson and three other players for one Test on the tour of India earlier this year for not completing a team "homework" task.

It was only after Watson's complaint to Arthur that Cricket Australia became involved and a further inquiry was launched. Warner was then dropped from Australia's Champions Trophy team that played New Zealand at Edgbaston on Wednesday.

Oh, Watto.
    Brilliant, this will help team-spirit, no end
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

i really want to open #shanewatsonthoughts

what a **** eh
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

I'm sure TNT will be along at any moment to admit he called this all wrong the other night and the big girl was in fact one of your own

This is hilarious.

Oh, Watto.
    Lol!

Seriously a bunch of oversized kids, aren't these guys? I remember my schooldays when we used to get our evaluated answer papers, how religiously we used to compare between peers and secretly go and complain about the other kid given more marks for a similar answer.

International Debutant the big bambino's Avatar
    Watson is a sook though he does have a point. Its just not so important to jeopardise team unity. However this thing would have escalated anyway when the press got hold of it. CA would have to get involved from that point.

Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    However this thing would have escalated anyway when the press got hold of it. CA would have to get involved from that point.
    Yeah, dunno how CA thought they were gonna keep a lid on it. It was in a public place FFS, someone was gonna spill eventually.

Still piss weak by Watson though.

That's a Cevno
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Watson is a sook though he does have a point. Its just not so important to jeopardise team unity. However this thing would have escalated anyway when the press got hold of it. CA would have to get involved from that point.
    Yep. This isn't a court of law, this is about the team (and it certainly isn't about ****ing Shane Watson)
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

forever 63*

That's ****ing disgraceful. How can you have any kind of team unity or spirit with this kind of **** going on?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Guys, I'm not sure we can rule out the possibility that Watson paid Root to wear the beard and make an Amla reference...............
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread Information