• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group A Discussion

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Sat Jun 8
3rd Match, Group A - England v Australia
Edgbaston, Birmingham

Sun Jun 9
4th Match, Group A - New Zealand v Sri Lanka
Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

Wed Jun 12
7th Match, Group A - Australia v New Zealand
Edgbaston, Birmingham

Thu Jun 13
8th Match, Group A - England v Sri Lanka
Kennington Oval, London

Sun Jun 16
11th Match, Group A - England v New Zealand
Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

Mon Jun 17
12th Match, Group A - Australia v Sri Lanka
Kennington Oval, London

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dunno whether to go to the footy in Townsville Saturday night or sit in the hotel bar and watch this instead.

#firstworldproblems

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, I'll probably miss the first match due to playing all of Saturday. Why can't there be time for both FFS?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think South Africa and West Indies are overhyped, and I think New Zealand and Sri Lanka are under hyped. If I had to bet which group the winner would come from, I'd bet A.

BeeGee

International Captain
My pick for the NZ team to play Sri Lanka:

Ronchi
Guptill
Williamson
Taylor
Elliott
McCullum
Vettori
NcCullum
Southee
Mills
McClenaghan

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
You're probably right, but I would genuinely prefer Franklin over Elliot against SL's spinners.

flibbertyjibber

Clarke ruled out tomorrow, carrying the rest of the side finally telling on his back then.

Must be a worry with ashes only a month away.

flibbertyjibber

Yes but that was this year and it seems to be more of a problem at present than previously. Too important a player to risk ahead of an ashes series for a one day competition that is lower in priority for both sides.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'm surprised he's been out so long actually. As you said he's always had it and never missed that long from it. All rather a bit odd really.

Spark

Global Moderator
He missed about three months of ODI cricket after the 09 Ashes, IIRC. It's not unknown for him to be ruled out of whole one-day series because of this.