• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group A Discussion

BeeGee

International Captain
Can't say I rate Cook's tactical captaincy one iota.
Ludicrous captaincy. You need wickets, bring on your best seamer and don't put a slip in? Then the ball goes where the slip should have been and he then puts a slip in. Jesus, that's school yard level captaincy.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Played bowls last night and beat a main rival in cup but there was 4 or 5 of their team going to this today. I wish I was one of them as this knock from Sanga has been awesome.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jesus Christ, I've been watching this in some sort of stupor. As soon as that came off the bat I woke myself up with a cry of catch.

I usually hate it being said but that was a great time for a wicket. Nuwan is itstl. Not like Chandigun can't take advantage of the BatPP.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Kulasekera a classic example of of how batting aggressively is not the same thing as scoring quickly. That's a really poor promotion.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
The fact that we're all criticising this decision means its inevitable that he'll score a 30 off 15 balls and the match will be done.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't mind it that much as a move tbh. Obviously if it comes off then it takes them a step closer to the win but if it doesn't they're going to have Chandimal/Mathews/Thirimanne batting in the pressure situation rather than Nuwan.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The fact that we're all criticising this decision means its inevitable that he'll score a 30 off 15 balls and the match will be done.
Sangakkara will win the match no doubt, which is why he needs a proper batsman there to give him the strike while getting themselves in, and able to accelerate if Sanga gets out. A pinch hitter is just as likely to eat up dot balls on the misses as hit boundaries. And dots building up is the most likely thing to result in wickets now.

They needed seven an over, it was a completely unnecessary gamble.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't think it's a bad call. Saw them do something pretty similar with him against RSA a year or two ago and he scored 40 (30) or something like that.

The thing with Nuwan is that he can actually play attacking shots off the back foot. He's not going to be bogged down by the short balls like a lot of pinch hitters are.

Stapel

International Regular
I don't think it's a bad call. Saw them do something pretty similar with him against RSA a year or two ago and he scored 40 (30) or something like that.

The thing with Nuwan is that he can actually play attacking shots off the back foot. He's not going to be bogged down by the short balls like a lot of pinch hitters are.
Thanks! That's actually useful information.