• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group A Discussion

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There is a perception, probably because he's been a late starter and his FC record isn't a Hayden-like one of dominance, that he doesn't deserve to be on the team. He cops a slagging in the press and among the wider cricket watching community here, but he's been really good for us since he came into the side. IMO we could do a lot worse than have him in the test side ATM. Bit of an old head, stable character from a very down to earth background and a genuine middle order player who isn't yet another opener they're trying to bat out of position.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds crazy but reckon it was good selection to drop Starc for Doherty. The former would struggle on this pitch whereas the latter could be tight. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm a huge Bailey fan but feel Burgey's post could just as easily be about Voges, minus the slagging part.

Flem274*

123/5
Everything about Mitchell Johnson's bowling looks stupid, from the squirrel run up to the horrific action. Him bowling to Franklin would be the ugliest sight in cricket.

Needs moar Patto.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
For God's sake, he was born in New Zealand.

Is that Doull?? I mean, it's going to be the obvious question when the guy is just starting.

Flem274*

123/5
shut up about the mercenaries doull it's embarrassing.

and watling is kiwi. **** where he was born. played all his cricket here.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
There is a perception, probably because he's been a late starter and his FC record isn't a Hayden-like one of dominance, that he doesn't deserve to be on the team. He cops a slagging in the press and among the wider cricket watching community here, but he's been really good for us since he came into the side. IMO we could do a lot worse than have him in the test side ATM. Bit of an old head, stable character from a very down to earth background and a genuine middle order player who isn't yet another opener they're trying to bat out of position.
Haha, that's ridiculous. Bailey's the only 'new' batsman I've been remotely impressed by for Australia.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Extra pace from the Australian bowlers serving to neutralise the slowness of the pitch. Looks pretty good to bat on now

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Exactly the start I was hoping for. Potential sleep now seven hours and dwindling.