• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group A Discussion

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Kapil Dev was commentating on radio yesterday and said that he had never seen so many bone dry squares on international grounds in England at this stage of the year

Seems remarkable given the weather
It's actually been really dry this year. It's taken a while for anything resembling summer to appear but it hasn't rained much at all.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Might have just been the footmarks, but I thought Lord's and Headingley spun more than usual.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
depends what you reckon is a par score. if it's 300, they're going too slowly for sure.
Completely disagree. Provided England don't do anything daft in the next 10 overs they'll outdo India's effort the other day.

King Pietersen

International Captain
India lost wickets in the last 15, that's what restricted their score, and would restrict any team's score. If you go into the last 15 having already gone at 5/6 an over, you can still end up with a big score even if you have a disappointing end, which India did. If England were to bat like they are, and have a poor final powerplay and last 10, we'll end up with 230. We're putting all our eggs in one basket, which is scoring at 10+ in the last 10, if that goes **** up, and we lose a heap of wickets, which is definitely possible when the pressure is on, we'll end up with a below par score.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Completely disagree. Provided England don't do anything daft in the next 10 overs they'll outdo India's effort the other day.
Seriously? To outdo India from the other day we would have to score at 10 an over for the last 20 overs. I just can't see it.

Fair call from you if they do though

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
What we do now need is for Cook to be flexible with the batting order. Having reached 126 for 1, Morgan should be moved up to number 4 to give him as long as possible. And Buttler should be promoted unless there's a rush of wickets in the next 6 overs.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Very bizzare cricket from England. Bell and Trott have forgotten that they're playing coloured cricket. Would have thought after the first two ODIs against the Kiwis recently, England might have done something with their batting lineup because their top 4 really are no threat at all at taking a game away from the opposition and its going to cost them here with Australia's depth in batting.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Better from England. This is what I want to see, some urgency in the running, rotation of the strike. I don't want them to go for 4 boundaries in an over, just rotate the strike, and hit the odd boundary. 10 came off that over easily.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hi guys, what'd I miss.

132-1 sounds pretty promising

Oh, we're all whinging about slow scoring again. Never mind then

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Better from England. This is what I want to see, some urgency in the running, rotation of the strike. I don't want them to go for 4 boundaries in an over, just rotate the strike, and hit the odd boundary. 10 came off that over easily.
Exactly. And these two have played enough cricket to know that, you'd have thought. What gets me is that they're abdicating responsibility on the basis that the next few guys can do the hard work. And/or they have no awareness at all of the match situation and they're simply playing by numbers.