• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group A Discussion

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I can't be the one one who sees the irony in Nathan McCullum developing a straighter ball as a variation. How much straighter can it get?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Doherty in for Starc is a strange one because Maxwell has already come in for Warner. Obviously Maxwell is far from a front line spinner, but part of the concern with the balance of the attack against England was that there was literally no spin options, other than Adam Voges. Even if Maxwell was playing then, instead of Mitch Marsh, it probably wouldn't have been much of a concern. They've gone from no spin options to two.
I'd take Warner's leggies ahead of Voges's straightbreaks anyday.

Your point about Maxwell's prowess is well made tho; X-D'oh's presence in the XI is a tacit admission the powers that be don't much rate his bowling.

Ganguly telling Wade to go and watch the Indian players play spin :laugh:
Never knowing under****y, our Sourav.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just quietly, we're slight favourites tonight imo - a long time since you could say that about NZ vs Aus. Probably means we'll play rat**** and lose, but there you go. If Australia's eleven players were called New Zealand they'd be paying $3.50.
Just saw this post - who were you favourites with? I jumped on New Zealand at 2.40 on betfair just before the match started. NZ TAB loyalty bet bias or something?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Just saw this post - who were you favourites with? I jumped on New Zealand at 2.40 on betfair just before the match started. NZ TAB loyalty bet bias or something?
Oh sorry we were only favourites with the bookies in my mind :ph34r:

Edit: They're offering good odds on a Franklin hundred though - you should get on. Just send money to my account here.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ might as well risk playing Franklin as a pinch-hitting no.3 to change things up a bit. He's been pedestrian in the field & looks unlikely to bowl so why not give the *** something to do.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Prince, was our bet for Bailey to average more than Sarwan in Test or ODIs :p

Splended shot from George.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, should be looking 250-260, IMHO.
Yes, there's something in the pitch but Bailey was still able to drive that on the up for four and it was by no means a half volley.

Of course there's always about a 25%* chance NZ will go into full autocollapse mode and lose to anything, but otherwise 250ish would be fairly even.

And another drive on the up. Southee bowling trash though. Someone tell him he can't just expect to put the ball up there and expect the batsman to miss and get bowled.

* 50% if you have someone unorthodox like Malinga, Narine or Ajmal