• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group A Discussion

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Eranga is lousy but bowls the odd gem. Dilshan was only going to get a wicket if the batsman missed sweeping but McClenaghan was never going to play that shot. Poor from Sri Lanka.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I guess with Dilshan you have to create all the pace, which can be difficult for the lower order batsman when runs are so crucial.

thierry henry

International Coach
I think they didn't realise that it was a wide, and were still thinking it was a run out
Yeah but when they realised there was no celebrating. I guess getting the runs in that manner, plus realising your desperate scramble was actually for an irrelevant run, is about the most deflating way to win a thriller possible.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oz to beat NZ

SL to beat Eng

No idea about Oz and SL

NZ, do the world a massive favour

thierry henry

International Coach
That was a seriously ridiculous decision to bowl Dilshan though.

I don't care if Eranga is inexperienced or **** or whatever, he bowls 140kph and you've got a proper number 11 on strike. Both batsmen would've been ecstatic when they saw TilDil was bowling.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah but when they realised there was no celebrating. I guess getting the runs in that manner, plus realising your desperate scramble was actually for an irrelevant run, is about the most deflating way to win a thriller possible.
Yeah, it was anti-climactic. That and the fact that they only just chased down a hundred and thirty-****ing nine.

Days of Grace

International Captain
FFS, now I'm wide awake, shaking, and paralysed and it's 1:30am, and I need to get up at 7am.

Towards the end of the Sri Lankan innings, an old filling fell out of my molar and took half the damn tooth with it. **** the tooth, at this stage.

Spark

Global Moderator
Surprised no one's mentioned Sanga for MOTM tbh. Bloke scored way over twice the nearest attempt from both sides.

thierry henry

International Coach
Yeah, it was anti-climactic. That and the fact that they only just chased down a hundred and thirty-****ing nine.
Reckon the numbers 9 and 11 who got us over the line, including Southee seeing out an over of Malinga yorkers, were entitled to be pretty pleased with themselves

thierry henry

International Coach
FFS, now I'm wide awake, shaking, and paralysed and it's 1:30am, and I need to get up at 7am.

Towards the end of the Sri Lankan innings, an old filling fell out of my molar and took half the damn tooth with it. **** the tooth, at this stage.
4:30am here, and I'm up at 7 too

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised no one's mentioned Sanga for MOTM tbh. Bloke scored way over twice the nearest attempt from both sides.
Actually outside Malinga, McModel and Sanga, NCullum with 2-23 & 32 from 42 in a low scoring game has a case

Spark

Global Moderator
Reckon the numbers 9 and 11 who got us over the line, including Southee seeing out an over of Malinga yorkers, were entitled to be pretty pleased with themselves
Sure, but that might explain a more tempered reaction. Dunno.

Insane game of cricket either way.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Oh, and huge credit to NMac, who proved his worth once again. Looked so much better and more composed than his bro out there, not for the first time.

And to Timmeh, very mature knock and huge balls to play out Malinga. He usually smiles a lot in his innings, but he wasn't ****ing smiling today, that's for sure. Was focusing like a motha****er.

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
tbh Timmy still plainly got dismissed by Malinga once if not twice. A lot easier to produce batting heroics if you get to keep going after you're out #firstchanceaverage

Days of Grace

International Captain
Nah, think of all the times New Zealand have been screwed over in the past, and probably will be in the future. You take what you can get.

But, I agree in the sense that the win feels very hollow. Should never have been that close. How the **** does Carter still have a job as our batting coach?

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL @ the field setting to that last over Dilshan bowled. Mathews or Mahela or Sanga (or all 3) should hang their head in shame.