• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group A Discussion

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
ronchi is much better than that. The pressure in the dressing room of being an ex-aussie must be messing with him or something.

BeeGee

International Captain
Yes, but in McClenaghan's case it's worth pointing out because he was touted as being an intimidating fast bowler AND he has the demeanour and attitude of an intimidating fast bowler. No-one, including McHesson, says "Mitch is a clever bowler who nibbles away on a good length".

I also think it's debatable whether he has really shown that he has the tools to be a good international bowler at 130kph- he's not exactly pinpoint accurate and he doesn't swing it around corners.

I think it's reasonable to be sceptical that McClenaghan really has the tools to keep gunning it at this level bowling at this pace, because by all accounts he's not even trying to be this type of bowler.
He gets the ball to move. That is why he has been successful. If he continues to get the ball to move he will continue to be successful.

thierry henry

International Coach
He gets the ball to move. That is why he has been successful. If he continues to get the ball to move he will continue to be successful.
jeez, bit simplistic. Plenty of blokes bowl 130kph and swing it and aren't international standard, and MM is hardly even a genuine swing bowler.

thierry henry

International Coach
ftr I'm enjoying Mitch's success but just trying to be realistic about what he's got. I had the same reservations about Doug Bracewell a year ago- got off to a roaring start but didn't have any obvious gifts that suggested he was going to be an amazing international bowler.

If it turns out Mitch is in fact the second coming of Kyle Mills but came disguised as a tearaway quick then that's fantastic, but I'll reserve judgment. Not hating.

BeeGee

International Captain
ftr I'm enjoying Mitch's success but just trying to be realistic about what he's got. I had the same reservations about Doug Bracewell a year ago- got off to a roaring start but didn't have any obvious gifts that suggested he was going to be an amazing international bowler.

If it turns out Mitch is in fact the second coming of Kyle Mills but came disguised as a tearaway quick then that's fantastic, but I'll reserve judgment. Not hating.
Yeah, we'll see. He'll never be like Mills and he'll never be like Bond. He's more like Bracewell but with better control over his length.

When I say he gets the ball to move, the key aspect of that is he's able to get that movement consistently through his entire 10 overs, both in the air and off the seam. Not huge movement (which isn't productive), but just enough.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Bob Willis bring his trolling up to new levels today. Brilliant little rant about Ponting being a mercenary, and Surrey being relegation candidates. Hilarious man.