• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group A Discussion

Athlai

Not Terrible
Fun fact:

McClenananna now has as many 4fers as Southee despite having played 8 games to Southees 68.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, McClenaghan continues to have statistics like early-days-Bond in spite of the fact he bowls only marginally quicker than Franklin :)

BeeGee

International Captain
If we can knock these runs off quickly it'll be a huge NRR boost.

Ronchi to go ballistic?

Ferrer in straight sets?

King Pietersen

International Captain
Rob Key's such a good analyst. One of my favourite's in the Sky box, great bloke, shame he didn't get chance to make the most of his chance in the England T20 side!

Mitch McClenaghan bowling well again. Looks pretty inconspicuous, bowling in the low 80's, but he's doing an excellent job for NZ.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rob Key's such a good analyst. One of my favourite's in the Sky box, great bloke, shame he didn't get chance to make the most of his chance in the England T20 side!

Mitch McClenaghan bowling well again. Looks pretty inconspicuous, bowling in the low 80's, but he's doing an excellent job for NZ.
Yeah Key is excellent, easily the best of the current players that pop up on Sky now and again.

Turned on this match about half an hour ago to see that it is over already, hoping for something ridiculous now.

thierry henry

International Coach
So what does that tell you about how important bowling speed is?
Yes, but in McClenaghan's case it's worth pointing out because he was touted as being an intimidating fast bowler AND he has the demeanour and attitude of an intimidating fast bowler. No-one, including McHesson, says "Mitch is a clever bowler who nibbles away on a good length".

I also think it's debatable whether he has really shown that he has the tools to be a good international bowler at 130kph- he's not exactly pinpoint accurate and he doesn't swing it around corners.

I think it's reasonable to be sceptical that McClenaghan really has the tools to keep gunning it at this level bowling at this pace, because by all accounts he's not even trying to be this type of bowler.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fun Fact: 31547

Iain O'Brien's quite an astute commentator. Provides good insights.