• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group A Discussion

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Franklin > Munro
Yeah but Elliott's not playing this game. Elliott v Franklin is far more debatable when you consider Franklin's 137km/hr thunderbolts disappeared on this tour and whoever gets the spot is only going to be the sixth bowler anyway.

Anyway, looks like I'll win a squlllion on this game providing NZ don't choke from here. Can't believe Sri Lanka were such heavy favourites, especially since New Zealand are fully acclimatised to the conditions having been in England for over a month now. That factor was really over-looked by many in the pre-game analysis.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Trash TV commentators for this game, thankfully professor Coney is on the wireless.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lankan batsmen constantly caught on the crease - aren't they meant to be good players of spin????!!!!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Gah, if only Jayawardene had tossed away SL's review over his lbw like he obviously wanted to.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Anyway, looks like I'll win a squlllion on this game providing NZ don't choke from here. Can't believe Sri Lanka were such heavy favourites, especially since New Zealand are fully acclimatised to the conditions having been in England for over a month now. That factor was really over-looked by many in the pre-game analysis.
I just looked at the pre tournament odds again and New Zealand were around 14/1 with many bookies to win the thing. Regret not having a flutter really.

Stapel

International Regular
Well, ok. Buy why do you think so?
I've seen only one innings of Munro, so I really cannot judge his skills. I know I am not too impressed by Franklin's skills. The only thing to go by (for me that is), is that Munro has a far better first class average. Must count for something, not?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, ok. Buy why do you think so?
I've seen only one innings of Munro, so I really cannot judge his skills. I know I am not too impressed by Franklin's skills. The only thing to go by (for me that is), is that Munro has a far better first class average. Must count for something, not?
Career average? Franklin was a bowler for too long to take his career stats seriously

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
If you ever watch Munro bat you will understand.

I have no idea how he's maintained that average by pulling/swiping every single ball. He literally only has 1 shot.