Page 3 of 150 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 2246
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: **Official** Group A Discussion

  1. #31
    Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    9,506
    Think Australia should have picked Doherty though. 6 seam up options and no serious spin options is pretty interesting given what conditions are supposedly like.

  2. #32
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,432
    are you calling doherty a serious spin option /spikey
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

  3. #33
    Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    are you calling doherty a serious spin option /spikey
    Pace of the ball always works against England.

  4. #34
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,659
    they picked their most serious spin option though. all hail adam voges
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left


  5. #35
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    18,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Think Australia should have picked Doherty though. 6 seam up options and no serious spin options is pretty interesting given what conditions are supposedly like.
    Yeah maybe a spinner would have been a decent option but the Cricketers who were picked instead of him are all better batsman which could have swayed the selectors. I think Doherty's poor tour to England last time cost him - He might get a game against SL as he has had some success against them.

    3 LH and 3 RH bowlers means we do have some variations.

  6. #36
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,659
    mckay and faulkner are the spinners btw

  7. #37
    Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Yeah maybe a spinner would have been a decent option but the Cricketers who were picked instead of him are all better batsman which could have swayed the selectors. I think Doherty's poor tour to England last time cost him - He might get a game against SL as he has had some success against them.
    There's absolutely no way that Doherty will be more effective against Sri Lanka than England at the same grounds, though.

  8. #38
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    There's absolutely no way that Doherty will be more effective against Sri Lanka than England at the same grounds, though.
    no not really. doherty has been gash against england basically every time, and flukes wickets against SL constantly

  9. #39
    Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    9,506
    Would open with McKay instead of Johnson.

  10. #40
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    18,005
    Yeah for some reason he has gotten top order batsman from Sri Lanka out in classic dismissals like lbw or edging which England should be thankful for as I think he got into the Test team on the basis of his SL showing.

    Just curious why England choose to open the batting with Bell and not Root when Root has been talked about as a potential opener in the Test team and Bell is comfortable at 4. Is there a specific reason?

    Also Cabinet, I would open with McKay too, for sure actually.

  11. #41
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,432
    Bell is much, much better at the top of the order than lower down. Needs boundaries to get himself clicking early or can become very, very pedestrian (and is hardly a noted finisher)

  12. #42
    Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Yeah for some reason he has gotten top order batsman from Sri Lanka out in classic dismissals like lbw or edging which England should be thankful for as I think he got into the Test team on the basis of his SL showing.

    Just curious why England choose to open the batting with Bell and not Root when Root has been talked about as a potential opener in the Test team and Bell is comfortable at 4. Is there a specific reason?.
    Bell came in to open before Root had played an international game, and it revolutionised his one day career. Therefore when Root came in the only option was at 4. He's done well there too, has shown much better finishing potential than Bell ever did.

  13. #43
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,432
    wtf

  14. #44
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    18,005
    Thanks guys.

    And lol at that sequence of events.

  15. #45
    State Captain Stapel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,928
    How so is throwing to the wrong end a brilliant piece of fielding?

Page 3 of 150 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. **Official** Super 8 Group 2 Discussion - Aus, Ind, Pak and SA
    By Cabinet96 in forum 2012 ICC World Twenty20 - Sri Lanka
    Replies: 800
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 10:16 PM
  2. **Official** Super 8 Group 1 Discussion - Eng, WI, SL and NZ
    By Cabinet96 in forum 2012 ICC World Twenty20 - Sri Lanka
    Replies: 1089
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 05:07 AM
  3. *Official* Group B General Discussion
    By James in forum World Cup 2011
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 25-03-2011, 01:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •