Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Fantasy Cricket - Champions Trophy

  1. #1
    Cricket Web Owner James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    23,942

    Fantasy Cricket - Champions Trophy

    The Cricket Web's Fantasy Cricket competition for the Champions Trophy has been created for those of you interested.

    Forum Fans Sub Competition Key is 1368009626

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,463
    Tin Foil Hat Brigade

    Chris Gayle
    Alastair Cook
    Hashim Amla*
    Virat Kholi
    Tillakaratne Dilshan
    Mohammed Hafeez
    Jos Buttler+
    Robin Peterson
    Mitchell Starc
    Morne Morkel
    Steven Finn
    'It seems that perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.'

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    18,240
    Good team Howe.

    Neil Anblomee

    Hashim Amla
    Chris Gayle
    Shane Watson
    Virat Kohli
    Mohammad Hafeez
    Thisara Perera
    Johnson Charles
    Nuwan Kulasekara
    Mitchell Starc
    Ravi Ashwin (can bat)
    Tim Southee

    I might go for some Jos Buttler instead of Johnson Charles if he doesn't look like opening and keeping.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

    Over 0.2: Putland to Nevill, OUT, no run, full ball swings in late to crash into his pads. Nevill is almost falling over trying to get bat on it but can't. Huge shout for LBW and Umpire Martell eventually raises the finger! P.Nevill - lbw b:Putland 0 (1 ball, 1 minute).

  4. #4
    International Vice-Captain Raghav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South India
    Posts
    4,078
    Joined the competition.. Looking forward to the ICC event
    Supported Indian Cricket from 1992-2000 (till the match fixing scandal)

    Long Live Test Cricket


  5. #5
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,732
    Could we do our own thing where we make no swaps throughout the tournament? Everyone to post up their initial team and we can calculate who wins at the end.

  6. #6
    International Vice-Captain Raghav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South India
    Posts
    4,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Could we do our own thing where we make no swaps throughout the tournament? Everyone to post up their initial team and we can calculate who wins at the end.
    In that case, We got to do it here and someone has to do the calculations every game

  7. #7
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghav View Post
    In that case, We got to do it here and someone has to do the calculations every game
    Or you know, we just don't make any swaps throughout the tournament and let it calculate the result for us.

  8. #8
    International Vice-Captain Raghav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South India
    Posts
    4,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Or you know, we just don't make any swaps throughout the tournament and let it calculate the result for us.
    But, do you think all of them we have in the group see this thread and follow our rule : not to do swapping?

  9. #9
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,732
    Can't log in for some reason so cbf regardless

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    18,240
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Good team Howe.

    Neil Anblomee

    Hashim Amla
    Chris Gayle
    Shane Watson
    Virat Kohli
    Mohammad Hafeez
    Thisara Perera
    Johnson Charles
    Nuwan Kulasekara
    Mitchell Starc
    Ravi Ashwin (can bat)
    Tim Southee

    I might go for some Jos Buttler instead of Johnson Charles if he doesn't look like opening and keeping.
    The majority of my squad seem to be in good form, but I'm thinking that Guptill and Junaid Khan in for Perera and Ashwin might be a winner.

    I don't really get what the best tactics are in this game, given the fact that you are allowed 75 changes - it just seems like a very high amount.

  11. #11
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    The majority of my squad seem to be in good form, but I'm thinking that Guptill and Junaid Khan in for Perera and Ashwin might be a winner.

    I don't really get what the best tactics are in this game, given the fact that you are allowed 75 changes - it just seems like a very high amount.
    But you can only change out a player once, is that correct? So if you have a player, you change him for another player, you cant get the original player back?

  12. #12
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghav View Post
    But, do you think all of them we have in the group see this thread and follow our rule : not to do swapping?
    Could set it up as a separate competition? Make every team in it visible so that we can see if anyone has changed their team?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    16,463
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    The majority of my squad seem to be in good form, but I'm thinking that Guptill and Junaid Khan in for Perera and Ashwin might be a winner.

    I don't really get what the best tactics are in this game, given the fact that you are allowed 75 changes - it just seems like a very high amount.
    These tend to be won by poeple who make changes for every game - which is why I think Daemon is on to a winner, we just agree not to make changes and put our selection skillz to the test

  14. #14
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    These tend to be won by poeple who make changes for every game - which is why I think Daemon is on to a winner, we just agree not to make changes and put our selection skillz to the test
    Hi i'm new here, I just wanted to say I agree with you both, my team is now public...

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    18,240
    I know the comp is about to start but why don't we just all post our best XI's in here - and at the end see who's side would have won? It would be easy (I think) to tally up the points for each individual player. I kind of want a go at trying to win overall so I've picked a good number of Indian and South Africans.


    My team if I wasn't changing players would be:

    Neil Anblomee

    Hashim Amla
    Chris Gayle
    Shane Watson
    Virat Kohli
    Mohammad Hafeez (captain)
    Thisara Perera
    Johnson Charles
    Nuwan Kulasekara
    Mitchell Starc
    Junaid Khan
    Tim Southee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fantasy Cricket - Indian T20 Tournament 2012
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-04-2012, 03:29 AM
  2. Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket - Champions Trophy Tournament
    By James in forum ICC Champions Trophy 2009
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-09-2009, 11:32 AM
  3. County Cricket (Season XIII-XIV)
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Offseason Club Cricket
    Replies: 236
    Last Post: 14-07-2008, 08:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •