• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ's squad

Flem274*

123/5
Ronchi is soooo going to smash a ton tonight after we all write him off.

He must be amped to play his old country.

#betterthanWade

BeeGee

International Captain
Ronchi is soooo going to smash a ton tonight after we all write him off.

He must be amped to play his old country.

#betterthanWade
It's funny you posted this because I came to this thread to post a prediction that Ronchi would smash a big score against Australia. :lightbulb

Howsie

International Captain
I must say I love that Anderson was called up and then given a game during this tournament, even if only because the game was overs reduced. The sooner we boot Franklin (and seriously how much longer can he last) the better. As long as he can stay injury free he'll be one of New Zealand's premier players in 2-3 years.

Days of Grace

International Captain
At the toss, everyone assumed it would be 50 overs.

Young fella played well. Can certainly tonk the ball, but has he shown a range of shots in first-class cricket?

Flem274*

123/5
Wow ok I know that's a compilation of his worst but that's really bad. Should be sticking to NZ A team whites for the medium term.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah well this is the problem with an increasingly influential (yet no less :1eye:) ND supporter base in NZ cricket, isn't it. Not only do they keep crying wolf, I'm not sure they even know what a real wolf looks like any more.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah will this is the problem with an increasingly influential (yet no less :1eye:) ND supporter base in NZ cricket, isn't it. Not only do they keep crying wolf, I'm not sure they even know what a real wolf looks like any more.
Haha. Take that Howsie. :laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've been probably the biggest Anderson batting sceptic on this forum but lets be a bit fair; I bet even Bradman would look gash if you compiled a video of all his edges, plays-and-misses and dismissals all running consecutively. Some of them did look particularly bad, but you're never going to watch a video like that and come out of it thinking someone a better batsman than when you went in.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I've been probably the biggest Anderson batting sceptic on this forum but lets be a bit fair; I bet even Bradman would look gash if you compiled a video of all his edges, plays-and-misses and dismissals all running consecutively. Some of them did look particularly bad, but you're never going to watch a video like that and come out of it thinking someone a better batsman than when you went in.
Yeah I'd disagree though that you can achieve quite the same jaw-dropping effect through a hatchet job on practically anyone, especially when you're using maybe half a season of play. A bit like two minutes of a tennis pro's unforced errors (rather than Kippax framing them over the fence), I think you could still spot the vestiges of percentage play in a better batsman's misses.

Anderson vs. Lonsdale, *Uncut* - YouTube

So, about 20 balls, defeated by the movement 7-8 times(!), manhandles Lonsdale with big bear mits in about 3-4. Selling ice to the eskimos as far as a NZ Test XI is concerned.