• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Batting Line-Up

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
In the limited overs leg of the home summer there were alot of good performances and it will be hard to decide on a top six for the champions trophy out of:

David Warner
Shane Watson
Philip Hughes
Shaun Marsh
George Bailey
Michael Clarke
Adam Voges
Glenn Maxwell
Steve Smith
Moises Henriques

David Warner
Shane Watson (fifth bowler)
Philip Hughes
Michael Clarke
Adam Voges
George Bailey
Matthew Wade

If Watson is not bowling (or playing) then I guess one of the other allrounders will need to be slotted in (Henriques, Maxwell, Smith)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Very amusing.

I would include Mitch Marsh too tbh. Clarke is out of this, isn't he?

With that in mind my batting lineup includes:
1 Watson 2 Warner 3 Hughes 4 Bailey 5 Voges 6 Wade 7 MMarsh 8 Faulkner 9 Starc + 2 others.

Edit: McKay very likely and the last spot could be a hack like Doherty or perhaps a young quick like Hazlewood or Pattinson (yes I know he's better at long form Cricket).

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Isn't the CC in June or something? Clarke's out for up to 10 weeks, so should probably be fit for at least some of the tournament.

I have a feeling Starc may be out though? Which would be a massive loss as he's the best one day fast bowler in the world.

Last edited:

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Is Shane Watson Australia's ODI vice captain or is it Bailey. Surely they wouldn't pick Watson over Bailey as captain if Clarke isn't fit.

EDIT: Also do you think they would put Mitch Marsh straight into the side? I have a feeling they might wait until the home summer.

Last edited:

Spikey

Warner
Watson
Hughes
(clarke?)
Bailey
(voges?)
Wade
MJ
Starc
McKay
Doherty

however expecting 10 overs out of Watson is risky, so remove Voges for Mitch Marsh and there

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Warner
Watson
Hughes
Clarke
Bailey
Smith

maybe mix it up and put Clarke at 3 for a bit of left-hand right-hand combo **** just to confuse ****s like dernbach

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Is Shane Watson Australia's ODI vice captain or is it Bailey. Surely they wouldn't pick Watson over Bailey as captain if Clarke isn't fit.

EDIT: Also do you think they would put Mitch Marsh straight into the side? I have a feeling they might wait until the home summer.
Just quietly, Watson seemed to get his troops quite gee'd up in that last game. I don't agree with sledging for no reason (that too mouthing obscene words than taking decently funny barbs at the opposition) but he did seem to rally his guys together and push them for a big effort, which is one thing you do want in a captaincy candidate.

Spikey

Oh and Spikey does?

Give me a ****ing break!
i know enough to know that there's no real big story here. they just cbf releasing the 30 man squad and facing the inevitable 'why is (player with no hope of being in the 15 man squad) in there but not (another player with no hope bring in the 15 man squad)???' crap. they've got their 20 or so players in contention (hell, they've probably got the 15 man squad all but picked).

Spikey

also it'd be amazing if Finch's bowling gets him the reserve batting spot.