• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

International selection

Jakester1288

International Regular
So I have a player who is being looked at for the U/19's Australian team/squad.

Is it worth training him for it? They said he will need about 7 nets, is it worth the sacrifice, and how much will he be able to play for me?

I've got individual players in every net, because my team is so young, and the only double ups is with him, doing a bowling, stamina and fielding.

What should I do?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So I have a player who is being looked at for the U/19's Australian team/squad.

Is it worth training him for it? They said he will need about 7 nets, is it worth the sacrifice, and how much will he be able to play for me?

I've got individual players in every net, because my team is so young, and the only double ups is with him, doing a bowling, stamina and fielding.

What should I do?
Nah, don't do it. I got a BT Mail as well about one of my players, haven't bothered replying to it. Will do so sometime, but I don't really see the point of training someone for U19s/Nat squad, and I'm in like my seventh or eighth season. You spend three-four seasons intensively training the guy, then half his fitness gets used up playing for another team.

Hooper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think the novelty of its not worth giving all those nets for in my opinion.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think the novelty of its not worth giving all those nets for in my opinion.
Since when do you have to give up all your nets to train a NT player. The most nets Jeithoon ever been is 4 nets.

22. Prsanna Jeithoon - 27 yo, BT Rating=332,417
LH batsman, LFM bowler. He is a defensive player with woeful leadership skills and sensational experience.
He currently has superb batting form, competent bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: quality
Bowling: elite+2 Consistency: elite+6
Fielding: superb

Hooper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I didn't say all your nets. I said all those nets.

Yeah hes a Sri Lankan but. Try getting a national player in Aus or Eng and you have to give him more then 4.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I could give you another explain of a player that is english/australian standard that has never had more then 4-6 nets. For NT players it is how long you train then, not how many nets. U19 players it is about how many nets.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I don't see the point in training ints, tbh. If I was involved in a nations set up, I might, but all I have to do with them, is losing a player who you've gotta pay ****loads for, and spend time training.

Bobisback

International Regular
I don't see the point in training ints, tbh. If I was involved in a nations set up, I might, but all I have to do with them, is losing a player who you've gotta pay ****loads for, and spend time training.
Training U19 potentials, not for the sake of them playing in the U19 world, but to build an awesome team. Nats on the other hand, I've bought a few, but never trained one.