• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jake's Battrick Story

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Yeah. Once you get past the first few days were you don't know how to do anything, it's a gun game.
Yeah I was heaps into it for my first 2 seasons, then got bored..then very bored still played though, although I'm getting back into now a bit more.

Your team still in the cup?

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Yep. Got a game tomorrow.
Rate your chances for tommorow? Bit of advice..your not planning to train all those 17 year olds right?, you have heaps, and spinners dont need as higher stamina as pacebowlers ( shorter run ups ect ) but it is better for them to have higher consitancy, saw a couple of comp/feeble spinners there.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Rate your chances for tommorow? Bit of advice..your not planning to train all those 17 year olds right?, you have heaps, and spinners dont need as higher stamina as pacebowlers ( shorter run ups ect ) but it is better for them to have higher consitancy, saw a couple of comp/feeble spinners there.
It was a mistake I made early in my Battrick career buying all the youngsters. Anyway, I don't have the money to get rid of them in bring in older, better players, and these youngsters will do until I progress up the leagues.

As for tomorrow, I reckon I could go alright. I haven't looked at his team, but I named my best team (very short on batting though, my best team involves 5 bowlers and my allrounder not bowling) and I have set it for Go For It.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
It was a mistake I made early in my Battrick career buying all the youngsters. Anyway, I don't have the money to get rid of them in bring in older, better players, and these youngsters will do until I progress up the leagues.

As for tomorrow, I reckon I could go alright. I haven't looked at his team, but I named my best team (very short on batting though, my best team involves 5 bowlers and my allrounder not bowling) and I have set it for Go For It.

The 17 year olds have decent stats for you, so it wouldnt be too diffrent to buying 25 year olds with the same stats.

I had a look at his team, he is a little bit better than you, but I reckon you could beat him on GFI, plus he PFL is pretty poor, so he might not even play a decent side. Cup matches are important so you should try and get as far as you can, extra cash.

I will win my game, making it to round 4. My highest ever lol.

Jakester1288

International Regular
The 17 year olds have decent stats for you, so it wouldnt be too diffrent to buying 25 year olds with the same stats.

I had a look at his team, he is a little bit better than you, but I reckon you could beat him on GFI, plus he PFL is pretty poor, so he might not even play a decent side. Cup matches are important so you should try and get as far as you can, extra cash.

I will win my game, making it to round 4. My highest ever lol.
What does PFL stand for?

Do you think this team is good, or should I change something?

1. Seamus Newton (c)
2. Mati Raisani
3. Greg Mulvaney
4. Denish Mukhopadhyay
5. Hamish Fletcher +
6. Shaun Habens
7. Ron Waterworth
8. Graham Britz
9. Matty Jabulile
10. Alfie Fillery
11. Dan Rocastle

Openers are set in stone, the bowling attack isn't bad, 3 and 4 have performed so far, keeper and allrounder are my two worries.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
What does PFL stand for?

Do you think this team is good, or should I change something?

1. Seamus Newton (c)
2. Mati Raisani
3. Greg Mulvaney
4. Denish Mukhopadhyay
5. Hamish Fletcher +
6. Shaun Habens
7. Ron Waterworth
8. Graham Britz
9. Matty Jabulile
10. Alfie Fillery
11. Dan Rocastle

Openers are set in stone, the bowling attack isn't bad, 3 and 4 have performed so far, keeper and allrounder are my two worries.

Player Fitness Levels

Well if thats your best side on GFI, you shouldnt really go wrong, are you PFL levels alright?, Put some of your bowlers defensive bowling imo.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Player Fitness Levels

Well if thats your best side on GFI, you shouldnt really go wrong, are you PFL levels alright?, Put some of your bowlers defensive bowling imo.
Is that like what it is in their little description thing? Mine are pretty good because they haven't been playing for too long. My stamina for most players sucks though.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Is that like what it is in their little description thing? Mine are pretty good because they haven't been playing for too long. My stamina for most players sucks though.
Most of your players have mediocre stamina which isnt to bad, a minumum atleast.

heres an example
Anees Ijaz - 22 yo, BT Rating=30,844
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a steady player with woeful leadership skills and respectable experience.
He currently has strong batting form, strong bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: strong
Fielding: competent

Heres a list of PFL levels.

exhausted
drained
fatigued
low
fair
moderate
fresh
lively
invigorated
energetic
sublime

I woudn't recommend playing anyone below invigorated fitness, some people play lively, I don't.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Going through my whole squad:

Moderate
Moderate
Fresh
Invigorated
Lively
Sublime
Invigorated
Fresh
Energetic
Lively
Fresh
Lively
Lively
Lively
Invigorated

Not like I have a choice, aye.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Going through my whole squad:

Moderate
Moderate
Fresh
Invigorated
Lively
Sublime
Invigorated
Fresh
Energetic
Lively
Fresh
Lively
Lively
Lively
Invigorated

Not like I have a choice, aye.

That isnt to bad I guess, remember to rest your good players agaisnt bots/easy teams or if you have to if the PFL's really low.