• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Somebody to reply to my query above :)
Depends on how desperate for trainees and how low you are for cash. If you're nearly broke but have plenty of nets free, then by all means train him. But if you've already got enough trainees and can't spare enough nets (I'd say 2 bowl 1 field 1 stam ftr) then he's not worth the bother.

If you need a trainee and have a bit of cash to play with (not sure the going rate on 17y.o.s but you should be able to get a similar player for under a million? He is mediocre bowling only after all) then buy one.

edit: looking at the transfer market you could get a similar trainee for fairly cheap. You may not be able to sell yours.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll list him and see how we go from there :)
If I don't manage to flog him then I'll have to re-think.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Having one of those days when you are overly outclassed by the opposition.

Canterbury Chargers 10/36 off 15.4 overs.
Ashleys Assassins 1/13 off 3.3 overs thus far.

Time to hit the TM for a new batsman.

Son Of Coco

Did you guys get your spectators back after the notice on Battrick that it had been an error? I'm still short 2000-odd!

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: respectable
Fielding: mediocre

With 0 ITS, worth keeping? Even if Stam is horrible.
Nope. He'd take three seasons to even get up to Respectable stamina -- if he was starting with a Respectable primary, I might consider it. As it is, a few £k should get you someone better, e.g. a Competent/Mediocre with Mediocre stamina.

Noble One

Gregg Caulfield - 19 yo, BT Rating=21,188
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a steady player with strong leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has worthless batting form, strong bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: superb Concentration: strong
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: respectable

First player to make superb.

andyc

Brian Maguire - 19 yo, BT Rating=29,825
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with strong leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: remarkable Concentration: strong
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: woeful

headhunter

Tim Westcarr - 20 yo, BT Rating=45,974
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a cautious player with strong leadership skills and competent experience.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: wonderful Concentration: quality
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent
Fielding: competent

Howard Der Watt - 18 yo, BT Rating=15,239
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

nibbs

International Captain
Jon Coates - 20 yo, BT Rating=97,901
LH Batsman, LF Bowler. He is a destructive player with worthless leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Batting: exceptional Concentration: wonderful
Fielding: sensational

Liam Sutton - 22 yo, BT Rating=53,745
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a destructive player with feeble leadership skills and strong experience.
He currently has strong batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.
Batting: wonderful Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful

Sammy Pearson - 19 yo, BT Rating=35,311
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a destructive player with respectable leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: quality Concentration: superb
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre

Might start Pearson on Fielding training now. Seems that once your keeper is at superb keeping, there is no need to train him any higher.

Son Of Coco

Forgot today's FC game was on. Just as well, the opposition are 362/3 at the end of the day.

Think I'll give Battrick to the end of the season. Am getting tired of struggling against teams with semi-decent bats who are at varying levels of fatigue. Would think some of my bowlers who have decent ratings and superb fitness would run through them sometimes instead of battling to get a wicket. When a fully fit, sensational seamer is struggling on a green wicket against one bat of similar quality but low fitness and another guy not even in his league (who are followed by guys rated 30000, 10000, 10000) you have to ask some questions. It kind of seems pointless saving your players for certain matches when it makes no difference at the end of the day.

At least on FTP when I get smashed I can see it coming a mile off.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Well, further inspection reveals I may have not been as diligent with my orders as I could've been...rectified that last night, rolled them for 82 today and have 20 to get with 7 wickets in hand for the win :oops:

Also failed to take form into account...:unsure:

Turns out opening with a spinner instead of your seamers on a green top doesn't work so well. Didn't check which order the bowlers were in when I changed the team.

Noble One

Two pops. Having a good season this year, managed to last longer than previous two seasons in the cup, face no prospect of demotion from Div 5 OD, will lead the table and promote from Div 9 FC (about time). Fixed myself up with some membership to BT a couple of weeks ago, loving it. Spending hours searching through various statistics.

Lee Carey - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,960
RH batsman, RM bowler. He is an attacking player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has abysmal batting form, proficient bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Fielding: abysmal

Alan Gerber - 18 yo, BT Rating=20,170
LH batsman, LH Spin bowler. He is an attacking player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and moderate fitness.

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: competent
Bowling: strong Consistency: proficient

headhunter

Howard Der Watt - 18 yo, BT Rating=16,138
LH batsman, LFM bowler. He is a defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and fair fitness.
Batting: strong Concentration: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

nibbs

International Captain
Jon Coates - 20 yo, BT Rating=98,950
LH batsman, LF bowler. He is a destructive player with worthless leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Batting: exceptional Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: competent
Fielding: sensational

Richard Chiume - 22 yo, BT Rating=59,772
RH batsman, RFM bowler. He is an attacking player with feeble leadership skills and proficient experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Batting: wonderful Concentration: exceptional

Sammy Pearson - 19 yo, BT Rating=36,683
RH batsman, RFM bowler. He is a destructive player with respectable leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: quality Concentration: superb
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Only experience pops for me -- Gibb and McGregor up to Miraculous, Sandwith to Elite+1.

Marshall should have popped to Sensational batting weeks ago, which is annoying. He's 23 and I need the net elsewhere!

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Hi, sorry to be away for ages, and then ask for help with my first post back…But that's basically what I'm doing!

I have a youth pull, which I'll cut and paste below, who's confusing me as to whether he's worth the effort. He started life as a Resp WK Comp Bat, with wages of £1.25K. This week his WK popped to Prof, which would be good, were it not for the implications that has for his batting. Bottom Prof is around £850, and he's been on 1 WK net since Week2. So say his WK started off contributing £800, with a £250 starting wage, that only leaves around £150/£200 for his batting, without allowing anything for his secondaries. That puts him at V.low Comp. The situation is compounded by the fact that, until Akhtar hits Mir Bat, I can only afford to give him 1 Bat and 1 WK, meaning that he'd be barely Resp+1/2 by the end of the season. My Current WK is 30YO, so I do need to start thinking of training up a replacement, but is he the answer? My choices as I see them are:

A. Persevere as I am, and hope to make up ground later on in his training.
B. Given that he's already prof WK, and Wond seems to be plenty good enough in the long run, sack off his WK training for now, and give him two batting nets.
C. Flog him for whatever I can get, plough the readies into a badly needed Strong or Sup squad player, and go back to the YP drawing board.

Adam is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has feeble batting form, abysmal bowling form and sublime fitness.

Plays For: Cymru Gurgitaters
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 7,516 (+92)
Wages: £1,256 p/w

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: competent Concentration: feeble
Bowling: worthless Consistency: respectable

Since I was last on here I've switched from TV journalism to print, and whilst it's a lot more rewarding to research stories *I'm* interested in, and get my own bylines,it's also a hell of a lot more time consuming, so consequently I'm starting to be left behind in BT. Season before last I suffered a tripple relegation (losing my coveted DIV III OD and BT20 status). Last term I showed no signs of bouncing back at the first time of asking, and this season I'm once again in the proverbial dogfight in all three forms. It's partly to do with not having enough time to tinker with tactics and search the TM, but it's also that my team is not competitive enough for its wagebill. Perminantly dodgy confidence and a weekly wagebill of £343K mean that Bankrupcy is never too far away. Whilst the odd judicious sale keeps the wolf from the door, my balance has only now just struggled over £2M, for the first time in three or four seasons - And only now because I've had the unbelievable luck of reaching the sixth round of the Cup for the first time in our history, having been drawn at home in every single round!!! I basically only have twelve players worth picking, and no prospect of being able to afford expanding the squad. I suspect that I might have sunk my resources in to too few too good players, rather than sharing the potential out across the team.

Anyway, for the record, this is the current Gurs line-up:

1.*. Neale Patel-31YO. Stam Resp, Bat Strong, Conc Resp, Field Comp. (Lead Sup, Exp Mir)
2. Doug Greening-30YO. Stam Strong, Bat Mast, Conc Sens, Field Strong
3.+. Joe Noon-30YO. Stam Strong, Bat Rem, Conc Elite+1, WK Wond
4. Matthew Akhtar-25YO. Stam Strong, Bat Mast(+3/4ish), Conc Exq, Field Med. (1 Bat 1 Field)
5.B4. Matthew Heelam-29YO. Stam Sup, Bat Rem, Conc Rem, RHS Rem, Cons Qual
6.B3. Simon Pace-25YO. Stam Strong, Bat Qual, Conc Wond, RF Qual, Cons Rem, Field Prof
7. Jerrell Dein-18YO. Stam Med, Bat Prof(+1/2ish), Conc Prof. (2 Bat)
8. Frank Mohammed-27YO. Stam Med, Bat Strong, Conc Feeb
9.B1. Dirk Katleho-24YO. Stam Sup, RF Exq(+1/4ish), Cons Wond. (1 Bowl 1 Field)
10.B5. Kieran Wallcott-30YO. Stam Sup, RHS Sens, Cons Exc
11.B2. Keith Benamar-23YO. Stam Sup, RFM Exq(+1/3ish), Cons Wond (1 Bowl 1 Field)
12. Bob Wynand-28YO. Stam Feeb, RHS Strong, Cons Prof

Later, Trev

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
John Midson - 19 yo, BT Rating=50,709
RH batsman, RF bowler. He is a cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and low fitness.

Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: strong Concentration: quality
Bowling: quality Consistency: superb
Fielding: respectable

Noble One

Alan Gerber - 18 yo, BT Rating=21,216
LH batsman, LH Spin bowler. He is an attacking player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and fresh fitness.

Batting: worthless Concentration: competent
Bowling: strong Consistency: proficient

Only pop from the last two weeks. Never been one to keep track of expected popping dates, so hoping next week finds a jump across all trainees.