• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Dismissed them for 108, absolutely stoked. Team bowling performance, thought I'd be having myself on if I didn't recognise Simmonds - four top order wickets, what a purchase.

A little bit worried about how the chase will go, hopefully our good PFLs will hold us in good stead.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ended up getting up by 6 wickets. They made 212 courtesy of a 4th wicket partnership of 100, but my prediction that 1 more wicket would see us into the tail was right as we took the next 6 for 19.

Started very slowly in the chase, and were 44/3 before a decent partnership. Lost the 4th wicket on 129 (Nkosinathi with another middling score of 41). From there Hutchinson (81*) and Greene (51*) saw us home. Greene in particular was impressive given he's only an average player. Hutchinson hasn't been out yet in this OD comp.

Have really just beaten the two teams in the league who are around my level though. Some thrashings are on their way. Have lost the first two FC games too, which considering I was originally going to concentrate on FC is poor.

It's nice to be 3rd at the moment in OD but I think the season will still come down to seeing what I have to lose at the end to go back down.

Jarquis

So happy, looks like I'm on my way to my first ever victory against Growlers CC. Played them 3 times perviously and allowed him to chase 235 for the loss of 1 wicket, 285 for the loss of 1 wicket and 246 for the loss of 2 wickets.

I made 241/10 with Hendrik failing :(. He's currrently 128/6 (35 overs.
Make that 128/7 from 35.1.
MAKE THAT 128/8 FROM 35.2!!!!! Emerton on a hattrick!
Ah dot ball :(

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
The fact that I've only a few good players really shun through today when I lost by 99 runs to the team I finished above last season.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
3.Hamid Campbell - 21 yo, BT Rating=69,701
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with competent leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has mediocre batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: exceptional
Batting: exceptional Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: competent
Fielding: abysmal

Happy with that, only the first week he's been on the stam net so it's a good way to start. Have started pushing all my guys to superb stamina while I train up the young guys, feeling good about my side long term but I think I'm only going to have one shot at getting into Div.1 with my current guys.

Last edited:

andyc

Sarwar Nizamuddin - 21 yo, BT Rating=79,970
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a defensive player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: strong
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: sensational
Fielding: proficient

Brian Maguire - 18 yo, BT Rating=15,689
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: respectable
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: abysmal

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Greg Stiemmie - 19 yo, BT Rating=24,797
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a cautious player with feeble leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has mediocre batting form, proficient bowling form and energetic fitness.
Batting: quality Concentration: quality
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble
Fielding: competent

Our sides batting is slowly improving...

PY

International Coach
Ganganath Kahapalaarachchi - 22 yo, BT Rating=113,994
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is an attacking player with competent leadership skills and proficient experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: exceptional
Batting: masterful Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: proficient

Hamish Xolani - 21 yo, BT Rating=40,496
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a defensive player with respectable leadership skills and respectable experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Batting: sensational Concentration: superb
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: worthless

Reached a problem moment, I have another dude almost exactly the same as above but I'm plowing 5 nets into a goofball 19yo trainee (who I thought was close to popping but really isn't) and these guys need the nets. I'm thinking of selling the trainee and one of these guys, plus my 5th bowler and getting an all-rounder trainee plus a gun all-rounder. Leaves the batting shy of one place but that should be improved by the inclusion of the all-rounder.

Do people think prices are going to drop as we go through the season because they are crazy at the moment!

[nibbs]Big moments shape lives people.....[/nibbs]

Last edited:

Jarquis

Sudhanssu Khalil - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,002
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, proficient bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: worthless
Bowling: competent Consistency: respectable

Ewan Daly - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,599
LH Batsman, LM Bowler. He is a destructive player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has strong batting form, strong bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: respectable

HeathDavisSpeed

7.Steve Gatting - 17 yo, BT Rating=9,664
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a defensive player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: abysmal Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: worthless
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable

18.Eamonn Henry - 18 yo, BT Rating=14,037
LH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a destructive player with proficient leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has competent batting form, abysmal bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: feeble
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: respectable

3.Jack Cronin - 19 yo, BT Rating=16,434
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is an attacking player with competent leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: proficient
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: worthless

nibbs

International Captain
Craig Mcintosh - 22 yo, BT Rating=153,178
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a cautious player with strong leadership skills and strong experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: exceptional Concentration: quality
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: miraculous
Fielding: respectable

Sammy Pearson - 18 yo, BT Rating=18,627
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a destructive player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
23.Sarath Cramar - 21 yo, BT Rating=58,759
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: exceptional Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful
Fielding: feeble

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
How are we doing in the Cup? Will face a huge test this weekend, but pretty up for it.

Son Of Coco

How are we doing in the Cup? Will face a huge test this weekend, but pretty up for it.
Out first round :laugh:

Made it to the 4th round last year courtesy of playing some pretty poor teams for the first 3. Didn't get that lucky this year though.

andyc

Still in. Somehow managed to not only play my full strength team but play them on GFI against a woeful/feeble kind of team this past Sunday. Super annoyed because now my fitness is shot, got lucky with BT20s being on this week at least.

Johnners

Fell 6 runs short chasing 307. Annoyingly, it was the 2nd time in 3 days I'd lost to the team :( (He's also in my OD league)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Cbf this year so played my 2nd XI and yet made the 2nd round, thought that's not too much of a stretch.