• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So for the minute have each of those 3 on 2 primary nets and leave secondaries until later? Don't secondaries train faster with a primary net as well?
I'll get rid of the stamina nets as I didn't realise that it trained the same speed regardless of age.
Secondaries train faster as players age, while primaries slow down. So it's worth, after a while, to change the second primary net to a fielding net, so it all catches up and evens out.

Not worth keeping? My fast bowling reserves are nothing special?
By all means keep him! I just thought maybe if he sells for a good price you could pick up an older, similar player who will do the same job, with better stamina and consistency.

Playing Abrahams, Adeel and Ocarroll would be overkill wouldn't it?
Would I be better of playing somebody ahead of Khalil as he's likely to be fatigued from his nets?
Yeah, just rotate your bowlers I guess. I find playing a trainee in just a OD match keeps his fatigue okay. Also, look into preparing a dust bowl ;)

Thanks a bunch mate :D
Glad you found this of help! It seems close to 5 years of playing Battrick has paid off in a small bit of knowledge...

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 19 (1 runs). Killers CC: 115-0, runrate=6.05
Trail by 43 runs. (Brookfield Fury 158-10)
Overs left today: 12
Kirton 1-0-1-0
Gill* 52 (54 balls)
Raisani 60 (63 balls)

Happy with the start, should be past them overnight TBH. I think I'll bat to a massive score, perhaps, or declare soon (eg about 250 so these lads have chances at their tons).

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
End of Over 19 (1 runs). Killers CC: 115-0, runrate=6.05
Trail by 43 runs. (Brookfield Fury 158-10)
Overs left today: 12
Kirton 1-0-1-0
Gill* 52 (54 balls)
Raisani 60 (63 balls)

Happy with the start, should be past them overnight TBH. I think I'll bat to a massive score, perhaps, or declare soon (eg about 250 so these lads have chances at their tons).
Why wouldn't you declare at 360 so you get maximum batting points?

Jakester1288

International Regular
Why wouldn't you declare at 360 so you get maximum batting points?
That's what I'm doing. I remembered that before, and changed it. Hopefully I can do it without losing another wicket, I'm 1 down with Gill 100* off 100. Not bad for a cautious bat on normal in an FC.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Got the 2nd XI out with the cup in mind:

End of Over 35 (5 runs). Leyland CC: 219-1, runrate=6.26
Overs left today: 75
Darby 16-2-105-0
Martin* 116 (114 balls)
Tembo 36 (37 balls)
Last Wicket: Sandhu st. Oakes b. Caldwell 56 (FOW: 112/1)

Son Of Coco

Doing alright with basically a 2nd XI in (I have two bowlers in who I swap in the first team depending on conditions and 1 good bat)

Bowled them out for 297 and am currently 9 for 312 with my good bat on 186* and the last man in having survived 22 balls so far. Nkosinathi's managed to add 60 to his score batting with the tail so far, which is decent. Would love to think we'd get to 360 but it's not likely.

These guys are top of the ladder, but it's clearly only due to them having played the worst team in the league first up. They'll probably still get me second innings though.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
End of Over 25 (3 runs). Knights 2170: 55-8, runrate=2.20 (1st Inn: 71-10)
Trail by 83 runs. (Central Districts 100-10 & 109-10)
Overs left today: 62

Not sure how I've managed to get into this winning position after being rolled for 100 and 109, but I'll take it.

Son Of Coco

End of Over 25 (3 runs). Knights 2170: 55-8, runrate=2.20 (1st Inn: 71-10)
Trail by 83 runs. (Central Districts 100-10 & 109-10)
Overs left today: 62

Not sure how I've managed to get into this winning position after being rolled for 100 and 109, but I'll take it.
:laugh:

The curator will have some questions to answer, surely!

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 31 (2 runs). Brookfield Fury: 45-5, runrate=1.45 (1st Inn: 158-10)
Trail by 161 runs. (Killers CC 364-2 dec)
Overs left today: 34
Wicks 9-5-7-1
Patel* 10 (58 balls)
Dhanjal 0 (6 balls)
Last Wicket: Fenoughty c. Raisani b. Kay 8 (FOW: 43/5)

Not going too bad at all. Should be all over easily by stumps.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
End of Over 183 (2 runs). Leyland CC: 1120-5, runrate=6.12
Overs left today: 37
Darby 68-3-462-2
Lawson* 44 (43 balls)
Martin 558 (587 balls)
Last Wicket: Kordella c. Impey b. Caldwell 134 (FOW: 1024/5)

2nd XI under a bit of pressure here.

Jarquis

Hendrik WAG.
Hits 220 odd nout out, Occaroll adds a quick fire 90* before the declaration.
Ocarroll then takes 6 wickets for 2 runs in their second innings. It was only against a bot but Ocarroll couldn't score runs nor take wickets for toffee last year.

Son Of Coco

Am 2-107 chasing another 277 for victory in 56 overs. On current run-rate we won't get close, but the second wicket just fell and Nkosinathi is at the crease with the only other guy in the line up who is actually a bit of a batsman. If these two can put on a decent partnership in good time we're a chance.

His bowlers are pretty fatigued too which might help.

No doubt Nkosinathi will get out to a lowly-rated bowler for 5 in ridiculous circumstances.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Am loving this Battrick season so far. Should make the fourth round of the Cup aswell. :)

Son Of Coco

5 overs left...9 wickets down...65 runs to get.

Won't get the runs and Nkosinathi just got out for 149 so I have two tail-enders trying to hang on for an unlikely draw.

Come on The Nut's, do an England!

9 balls...

BASTARDS!

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The fight for first is on today, so huge.

Potts Point Saints -
End of Over 10: 52-3, runrate=5.20
Smart 5-0-19-1
Toynbee* 25 (23 balls)
Archer 11 (11 balls)

C'mon Simmonds!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Potts Point Saints -
End of Over 20: 83-6, runrate=4.15
Paris 5-1-18-1
Archer* 33 (31 balls)
Rennie 3 (11 balls)

One more wicket and we're in the tail. C'mon boyssssss

Son Of Coco

Virus
End of Over 23: 93-3, runrate=4.04
Wotton 5-0-17-1
Ferguson* 39 (59 balls)
Lawrence 0 (2 balls)

Believe it or not that wicket just saw us with a chance of dismissing some very average batsmen and the tail from here on in...although Lawrence did hit a 4 first ball he faced in the next over :dry: I have my worst bowler on at the moment (who's going at 8 an over after his first two) with another who is decent so hopefully they can get into the tail.