• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Hooper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Player up for sale, possible Aus U/19 selection if contiuned on his current nets I've been told (4 bowl, 1 stam, 1 keep, 1 field)

cPanel

Richard Haldane - 18 yo, BT Rating=19,820
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a cautious player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and low fitness.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: worthless Concentration: proficient
Bowling: strong Consistency: respectable
Fielding: feeble

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
He wouldn't be close to potential U19, Needs to atleast superb and about half way to quality by now. Someone is telling you lies.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Arthur Bennie - 18 yo, BT Rating=15,613
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a steady player with competent leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, abysmal bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: superb Consistency: respectable
Fielding: feeble

Salaries up 30K as expected.

Dwight Sugden (2674777)

Dwight is a LH Batsman and LM Bowler. He is an attacking player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Plays For: BEST Indies
Nationality: New Zealand
Battrick Rating: 4,337
Wages: £462 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Dire YP, listred for 0.

Rafi Bashir - 21 yo, BT Rating=133,584
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a destructive player with strong leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, woeful bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: sensational Concentration: sensational
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: sensational
Fielding: strong

Would it be a waste to stop training Rafi now? And if so what kinda nets are we looking at?

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lost by 6 wickets today after setting NZT a massive 70-odd to chase. Highlight for us were one of bowlers opening the batting and lasting the first two overs. And two of the bowlers went ok. A couple of good bats coming in at 5 and 6 for Tawonga Tigers stopped the wicket-taking though and they got there very easily.

Thanks for the game mate, sorry we couldn't give you more of a run chase!

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Salaries up £322k to £327k. Ouch!

One stamina pop (Sandwith to Strong), but that's it.

Was it AndyC asking about skills decreasing with age? Stamina definitely goes first -- I've got a 34yo who's just dropped to worthless. He dropped two levels at once (!) two seasons ago, having been feeble. I've had another who's dropped once in each of the last two seasons, bang on mid-season.

So a level a season is possible once they hit 32yo.

I thought I'd seen a primary decrease, but I can't find it. Might have been a player I sold/fired. I'm pretty sure they happen, but could be wrong!

andyc

I thought it was only stamina myself. I guess there's not much known about it, but just wondering how much putting a player on a stamina net would hold off the effects of aging. Think I'll be keeping Canning for a while longer yet.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
After my Cup loss I take solace in the fact that I pulled this with only 30ITS:

Brandon Seddon - 17 yo, BT Rating=7,165 shortcuttransfer listed
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a cautious player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: woeful Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: respectable Consistency: respectable
Fielding: worthless

Currently 1.3m and rising all the time.

andyc

Thats what I've been told by the manager.
Yeah, he told me my player was 'potential,' U19s as well, even though he's really not. He's just encouraging more people to train players so that he'll have a better pool to pick from, not that you can blame him for it.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, he told me my player was 'potential,' U19s as well, even though he's really not. He's just encouraging more people to train players so that he'll have a better pool to pick from, not that you can blame him for it.
Interesting...but getting someone to put FOUR bowling nets on a player who realistically will never be good enough is just irresponsible.

Sure, he's a nice trainee, and with continued training on 2 primary nets will eventually be a star bowler, potentially Masterful or higher...but those 3rd and 4th nets aren't going to add up to much more than one level over his training period, so are much much better off on a second trainee.

For a larger BT nation, only players who are wk1/2 Resp+++ YPs would typically turn into U19 players. By the time they turn 18, they should be Superb or thereabouts, with secondaries not far off.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Don't know about that. Personally don't think you should encourage someone to train some with those extra nets if they are effectively no chance.

andyc

Well, I doubt the manager explicity told him to do so. With my trainee, he just asked how close he was to popping and whether I'd be willing to increase his nets. And I can't speak for the manager, maybe he did genuinely see him as a possiblity.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway we are in the WC final on Thursday, against those easy beats England. Should be a confortable WC win for Sri Lanka.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Anyway we are in the WC final on Thursday, against those easy beats England. Should be a confortable WC win for Sri Lanka.

Happy days!

I remember watching the 2nd round match in the TV room of my uni hall of residence -- it was basically a hundred or so England fans and me (plus large Sri Lanka flag). Most of them ended up supporting SL for the rest of the tournament!