• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One more question...is it worth training younger players up only on primaries for a couple of years and then letting their secondaries catch up? (Just thinking of a way to squeeze more batting and bowling nets in if possible) Or will this just leave their secondaries lagging too far behind? Remember reading that secondaries train up quicker somewhere.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Problem is if you don't have some focus, alteast a rotating fielding net. Then the secondaries can get too far behind. By the time secondary training speeds up at about 21, they might be too far behind to catch up.

For example Cramer, I'm going to have to train him a couple extra levels in primary due to his secondaries being so far behind. Would have been happy with mast/mast, but secondaries wont catch up (on one fielding net) until he is mir/mir.

23.Sarath Cramar - 20 yo, BT Rating=46,064
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has competent batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: exceptional Concentration: quality
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: woeful
Fielding: woeful

Jakester1288

International Regular
Just got this guy from the academy...he seems like a decent prospect. Just have to work out how he'll fit into the training plans. Already training an all-rounder...could take some nets off guys like Strydom and Andre to give him a bowling, batting and keeping net...or take a net off the other all-rounder for batting and bowling(he's currently on two nets for batting and two for bowling, 1 fielding and a stamina).

Or could just try to train him up as a batsman (which is what I originally selected him as). Do his current ratings mean that if I'd chosen a bowler and given that area an extra 12 whatever they are's that he'd have been an awesome bowler?

Would like to know what the experienced battrick people on here think though :happy:

Timothy is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is an attacking player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Plays For: Coco's Nuts
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 6,309
Wages: £868 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: respectable Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless
Great pull, shame it was so late in the season.

Son Of Coco

Secondary training gets quicker as players age, whereas Primary training gets slower. Hence why a lot of people do what you're suggesting.
Doesn't take me long to work these things out, about 4 or 5 years in 5th division and I'm finally catching on haha

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try to work out a way to get him on some nets so he starts improving.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: respectable Consistency: worthless
Tough call. There's six levels' difference between his bowling and his cons...that's going to take several seasons to even up.

I got a 17yo AR trainee, Harbin, last October, i.e. at the start of season 11. Think his bowling was high Resp, while his cons was Woeful. With one fielding net on him all the time, and just a single bowling net for most of it (this season I've had him on two), he's now Remarkable/Strong (about 2/3 of the way to Superb).

Given that Woeful is still two levels about Worthless, if you give him one bowling net and one fielding net, in three seasons' time he'll be around Quality/Respectable. Gut feeling tells me that he'll have evened up three seasons after that, and you'll have yourself something like a Exceptional/Wonderful bowling all-rounder.

Still, it's going to be a long time before he starts putting those performances in.

BTW, I think 12 cons nets would have put him around Mediocre, which would have been nice.

It's not worth training a batsman starting at Mediocre/Mediocre -- surely you can afford a Comp or low Resp, esp. this late in the season?

Nah, I think you've got two options -- sell 'im now, or keep him long term. With that secondary, I don't think he's worth training to Prof and then selling, as he's not all that close anyway.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Problem is if you don't have some focus, alteast a rotating fielding net. Then the secondaries can get too far behind. By the time secondary training speeds up at about 21, they might be too far behind to catch up.
Yeah, that's why I go double nets until 19 then switch to 1 bat 1 field at 19 until they're 21/22. Granted, I'm not looking to train superstars, merely sensational/exquisites to back up my actual stars, so it's a bit different. If you're planning on training some superstar I'd recommend having 2 primary 1 secondary from 17.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
When would be a good time to upgrade your ground? Was going to do it during the off but with no matches and supporters being reset it'd probably be a bad move.

Jakester1288

International Regular
When would be a good time to upgrade your ground? Was going to do it during the off but with no matches and supporters being reset it'd probably be a bad move.
So it is ready just before the first game. No point on having the bigger ground and paying more maintaince per week when you aren't using it. Settle it to finish just before the season or the first home match.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Big few days coming up for Brackenhurst in the TM. Hopefully it'll hold us in good stead for the new season.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I did manage to lost to the bot today. Good now that I have a chance to train and build my squad, hopefully be the best team in div VI on batstats.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
With the new season soon to tick over. I wouldn't mind some indication on player values during the first 2-3 weeks of the season.

I have read plenty of discussion that player values sky-rocket during the early scramble for trainees. How much would a basic Med/Comp/Med 17 year old trainee go for? When does the transfer market begin to slow down?

Will only be seeking 1 trainee. Possibly a young bowler, just don't wish to spend a small fortune.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Nightmare season for me, never managed to get to grips with my bowlers' PFLs, and ended up triple relegating. Hopefully will have slightly easier leagues in Od and BT20 IV, and FC VI next season, so took the opportunity to do a bit of redeveloping for the future. Staveley, Wond/Qual bat, and Lombard, Prof/Sup Bat, Qual/Qual RHS, were both tipping 30 at the end of the season, so I sold them on for 2.7M and £2.6M respectively. I've kind'a replaced both of them with,

Matthew Heelam - 27 yo, BT Rating=58,014 shortcuts.asp?action=add&type=p&id=503511 shortcuts.asp?action=add&type=p&id=503511
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and exceptional experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: HYPERLINK proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: remarkable Concentration: quality
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: superb

For £4.2M, which, in the short-term at least, does weaken the side a little. But at least I do have a very small amount of change with which to buy a Strongish back-up bowler, to hopefully lessen the chances of a similar PFL crisis next time around. Heelam is a bit older than I'd have liked ideally, but I'll tart up his Stam, and then stick him on a fielding net. At his age his secondaries should pop like crazy, and he'll end up being quite useful I reckon. My keeper, Noon, is a Rem/Elite bat, and he's regularly in the top ten bats in my league - So if Heelam ends up something like Rem/Exc, he should do a job.

I'm hoping to pull a batting trainee in the first few weeks of next season, as there's a bit of a hole in my team ATM, after selling Staveley, which I'm having to plug with my second keeper, a 27 YO Comp/Med Bat. Still there's nothing left in the kitty hardly, so I'll have to get on with it, as a back-up bowler is a far more pressing concern than a No.8 bat!

Current team is (as usual absolutely no tabulation, sorry!)

1. Doug Greening, 28YO, Steady. Stam-Strong, Bat-Mast, Conc-Sens
2.+. Joe Noon, 28YO, Steady. Stam-Prof, Bat-Rem, Conc-Elite, WK-Wond
3. Matthew Akhtar, 23YO, Dest. Stam-Strong, Bat-Mast, Conc-Wond
4.B4. Matthew Heelam, 27YO, Dest. Stam-Prof, Bat-Rem, Conc-Qual, Bowl-Rem (RHS), Cons-Sup
5.B5. Simon Pace, 23YO, Def. Stam-Comp, Bat-Qual, Conc-Wond, Bowl-Qual (RF), Cons-Rem
6.*. Neale Patel, 29YO, Steady. Stam-Resp, Bat-Strong, Conc-Resp, (Sup Lead, Exq Exp)
7. Frank Mohammed, 26YO, Def. Stam-Med, Bat-Strong, Conc-Feeb
8. Thomas Lovegrove, 27YO, ATT. Stam-Woe, Bat-Comp, Conc-Med, WK-Comp
9.B1. Jon Wilde, 25YO, Caut. Stam-Sup, Bat-Feeb, Conc-Med, Bowl-Exc (RM), Cons-Sens
10.B2. Dirk Katleho, 22YO, Caut. Stam-Strong, Bowl-Sens (RF), Cons-Qual
11.B3. Keith Benamar, 21YO, ATT. Stam-Prof, Bowl-Sens, Cons-Sup.

As discussed above, I ramped up my younger players' Primaries, and am currently in the process of rounding out their secondaries. I think the team's still making progress, though I'm falling behind the strides made by a lot of CW sides. However I'm starting to get nets free, so a new generation of trainees could turn things around in a few seasons.

Later, Trev

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Joe Osman (57976)

Joe is a LH Batsman and LM Bowler. He is a cautious player with feeble leadership skills and elite experience.

He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Plays For: VCC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 27,313
Wages: £8,904 p/w
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: remarkable Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble
Fielding: mediocre

how much would I get for this guy?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Darren Kemp - 26 yo, BT Rating=220,918
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and exquisite experience.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: masterful
Batting: remarkable Concentration: elite
Bowling: worthless Consistency: masterful

Junior Graham - 28 yo, BT Rating=113,111
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with strong leadership skills and elite experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: abysmal Concentration: respectable
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: masterful
Fielding: strong

Ashley Cresswell - 23 yo, BT Rating=108,028
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler. He is a steady player with strong leadership skills and quality experience.
He currently has superb batting form, competent bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: wonderful Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: sensational Consistency: wonderful
Fielding: competent

Bryan Tomlinson - 25 yo, BT Rating=77,429
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is an attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and exceptional experience.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: strong Concentration: proficient
Bowling: superb Consistency: sensational
Fielding: quality

Louis Arthur - 23 yo, BT Rating=64,701
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a steady player with proficient leadership skills and quality experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful

Kieran Slaytor - 24 yo, BT Rating=30,369
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with woeful leadership skills and sensational experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: quality Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal

Joe Osman - 31 yo, BT Rating=27,313
LH Batsman, LM Bowler. He is a cautious player with feeble leadership skills and elite experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: remarkable Concentration: respectable
Fielding: mediocre

Rich Cowling - 21 yo, BT Rating=25,334
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a steady player with woeful leadership skills and proficient experience.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: strong

Paul Yates - 18 yo, BT Rating=11,210
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a cautious player with abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has superb batting form, feeble bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: respectable
Fielding: feeble

Gary Tyrell - 19 yo, BT Rating=10,387
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler. He is a destructive player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has mediocre batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: worthless
Bowling: proficient Consistency: proficient

Jermaine Antonius - 24 yo, BT Rating=8,235
LH Batsman, LM Bowler. He is a cautious player with competent leadership skills and strong experience.
He currently has worthless batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: proficient Consistency: respectable

John Baldwin - 30 yo, BT Rating=7,660
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with superb leadership skills and strong experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: proficient Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: feeble

Iwan Clegg - 29 yo, BT Rating=6,670
LH Batsman, LM Bowler. He is a steady player with woeful leadership skills and strong experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: respectable Concentration: feeble
Bowling: woeful Consistency: feeble

Liam Quinnan - 22 yo, BT Rating=5,071
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a destructive player with competent leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
do you guys have any advice on a starting XI for both OD and FC?

OD currently:
Kemp (+)
Osman
Baldwin (*)
Slaytor
Clegg
Arthur
Cresswell
Tomlinson
Antonius
Graham
Cowling

FC:
Kemp (+)
Osman
Arthur
Slaytor
Baldwin (*)
Cresswell
Tomlinson
Cowling
Graham
Antonius
Quinnan

Jakester1288

International Regular
Thomas Wonnacott - 37 yo, BT Rating=9,155
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a defensive player with strong leadership skills and quality experience.
He currently has superb batting form, mediocre bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: feeble Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: feeble

Will be up tonight.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Dinesh Mukhopadhyay - 18 yo, BT Rating=7,536
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a steady player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has strong batting form, proficient bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: proficient Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

I think I might get a new trainee if I can, but I don't have any money when they will be expensive, so I'll have to stick with double netting 18yo resp-profs. Starting late hurt my team.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Darren Henshaw - 18 yo, BT Rating=14,058
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a cautious player with mediocre leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has feeble batting form, proficient bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: competent Concentration: strong
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent

Greg Stiemmie - 19 yo, BT Rating=25,176
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a cautious player with feeble leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: superb

*rubs hands together* Good, good.

andyc

Bryan Hamilton - 20 yo, BT Rating=81,071
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: superb Concentration: quality
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: quality
Fielding: superb

Looks like players have aged as well. I think wages have gone up too, but not sure.

andyc

I just noticed that Canning is now 28 years old

Gavin Canning - 28 yo, BT Rating=142,058
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is an attacking player with woeful leadership skills and exceptional experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: exquisite
Fielding: proficient

At what age do players generally start losing their skills, and if I want to sell him off, when do you reckon would be the best time to do so?