• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Jakester1288

International Regular
Need some advice on how to manage finances. Never seem to have any money :p.

Also I pulled this guy...
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: abysmal

Decent IMO, just don't have any nets to train him. An attacking RF ftr.
If you can't train him, put him on the TM. Or is he equal or better than your normal bowlers? I hope not, and if he's not as good, then you can keep him as a bot basher, or sell him.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Keeping him as a bot basher.
Also.. how worthwhile is it to train players when they are 20/21??
Obviously they train slower, but would it be more worthwhile training another 17 year old??

Jakester1288

International Regular
Obviously they train slower, but would it be more worthwhile training another 17 year old??
Get AtStumps, and have a look on there. Run the training prediction, and compare, or check out the thing that tells you how many nets each aged player needs.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Rule of thumb is 7 weeks per (primary) level for a 17yo, plus a week for each year older he gets. So it'd take 11-12 weeks to train a 21yo up a level. It's worth it if that 21yo is highly skilled (I'm still training two 21yo batsmen; one Sensational, the other almost Exceptional), but really not if it's just a Proficient or a Superb.

As Jakester said, have a play with AtStumps and you'll get a feel for training potentials. The ideal training regime (IMHO) is to buy 17yo Respectables and train them up...but Competents aren't bad either, and they're a shedload cheaper.

Jarquis

Zesh Hendrik - 19 yo, BT Rating=42,700
RH Batsman, LM Bowler. He is an attacking player with woeful leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and fair fitness.

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: strong Concentration: quality
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: superb
Fielding: competent

Martin Ocarroll - 19 yo, BT Rating=31,861
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is an attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and feeble experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and fatigued fitness.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: superb Concentration: respectable
Bowling: strong Consistency: respectable
Fielding: proficient

They are the 2 20/21 year olds, or they will be next year :p.
Probably train up 2 new players then.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I'd keep going with Ocarroll, and if Hendrik is your main keeper, I'd probably get him a few more pops with the gloves and maybe the bat.

1 bat 1 wk for Hendrik? 1-2 bat and 1-2 bowling for Occaroll though. Maybe a fielding if you have the spare net.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Zesh Hendrik - 19 yo, BT Rating=42,700
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: strong Concentration: quality
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: superb
Fielding: competent

Martin Ocarroll - 19 yo, BT Rating=31,861
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: superb Concentration: respectable
Bowling: strong Consistency: respectable
Fielding: proficient
1 batting net + 1 WK on Hendrik, for the next two/three seasons, and he'll be a decent WK/bat for the rest of his career!

Similar with O'Carroll -- 1 batting + 1 bowling + 1 fielding, and he'll make a decent all-rounder. He'd be a Remarkable bowler by that time, which is currently plenty good enough for the 5th bowling spot in a Div III side, possibly II. He'd also be at least Wonderful batting, which will definitely be good enough for your middle order. He's a spinner too, so shouldn't do too badly in terms of PFL -- finally, the teams with F/FM allrounders are having trouble, and rightly so!

I'd definitely keep both of them and train them until the end of next season, and probably the season after that as well.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I'd keep going with Ocarroll, and if Hendrik is your main keeper, I'd probably get him a few more pops with the gloves and maybe the bat.

1 bat 1 wk for Hendrik? 1-2 bat and 1-2 bowling for Occaroll though. Maybe a fielding if you have the spare net.
Don't think I'd double-net. Instead, I'd accept that those two are going to be good but not megastars, and instead start training a 17yo who'll come good as a proper star batsman or bowler in 5 seasons' time.

Jarquis

1 batting net + 1 WK on Hendrik, for the next two/three seasons, and he'll be a decent WK/bat for the rest of his career!

Similar with O'Carroll -- 1 batting + 1 bowling + 1 fielding, and he'll make a decent all-rounder. He'd be a Remarkable bowler by that time, which is currently plenty good enough for the 5th bowling spot in a Div III side, possibly II. He'd also be at least Wonderful batting, which will definitely be good enough for your middle order. He's a spinner too, so shouldn't do too badly in terms of PFL -- finally, the teams with F/FM allrounders are having trouble, and rightly so!

I'd definitely keep both of them and train them until the end of next season, and probably the season after that as well.
I'll tell you what nets they are on atm :

Hendrik - 2 bat, 1 stam, 1 keeping

Ocarroll - 1 bat, 1 bowl, 1 stam, 1 field, 1 keeping.

The 17yo I posted above is on my remaining bowling net.

Also, I'm not making a fortnightly profit at the moment. Thought I've only played 1 match (b20) at home this month.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Could someone please tell me the score for my team (Killers CC) in our current first class match?

I am at school and unfortunately can't access Battrick.

Son Of Coco

Could someone please tell me the score for my team (Killers CC) in our current first class match?

I am at school and unfortunately can't access Battrick.
You got a bit of a touch up Jake:

Hunter Demons: 454
Killers CC: 207 & 116

Seddon top-scored with 28 in the second innings.

Jakester1288

International Regular
FML. I went down by an innings and 131 today. The guy is the same guy who I lost to by an innings and 346 last time. He is just in a league above, unbeaten, definite promotion.

Son Of Coco

Another OD Game, another bot. At least I got to bat first again today:

Coco's Nuts: 392/2 ( Strydom 182*, Duncan 104, Hutchinson 64*, Nkosinathi 35; Vadiveloo 1/77, Leacock 1/59)

Nkosinathi again disappoints against the bots. He's scored a hundred or two, but would expect him to knock up a 200 against them at least once this season. If all goes well they should be out within 10 overs.

Rous CC: 35 (Tumisang 11, Hemmings 8; Mabudafhasi 5/15, Andre 2/13, Faulconbridge 2/0)

Bit disappointing. Took 11.3 overs and they scored more than I thought they would.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
Made 369 against the bot, Rasani making 155 in his last innings with the club, and Spillaine making 152 in his first innings with the club.

Britz took 4/21 in his last bowling display, Jabulile took 1/35 in his last bowling effort with us, Habens took 1/16 after not getting to bat, and Poutney (2/6) and Foxe (2/18) started off well at their new team.

To top it off, Fletcher, our leaving keeper, took 3 catches and a stumping.

Son Of Coco

Just the one pop for me:

4.Eddie Strydom - 20 yo, BT Rating=49,936
RH Batsman, LM Bowler. He is an attacking player with superb leadership skills and feeble experience
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: superb Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: competent
Fielding: feeble

Two other players had experience pops.