• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
End of Over 20: 147-3, runrate=7.35
Gerrard 4-1-28-1
Steyn* 13 (7 balls)
Kubisa 40 (30 balls)
Last Wicket: Brydon Run Out 48 (FOW: 126/3)

At leats the batting did not implode this time. Odds are they bowling will be torn to shreds as that gets chased down in 15 overs and the players moods dropd from despairing to whatever god-awful level is below that. Just in time to get mauled ij the OD game by left arm under which means my team morale will be rock bottom before we get to play the next match where we are favourites for the win.

Glorious season this:dry:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Nuts chase down another big total today:

Rous CC: 12 (Vadiveloo 8, Extras 2; Mabudhfasi 6 for 3, Andre 4 for 9)

Coco's Nuts: 16/0 (Nkosinathi 14*, Duncan 2*)

Probably should choose some worse bowlers so we get to chase some sort of total, but I enjoy my decent bowlers being given the chance to take a bag full too. Would just like to bat first for once so we can make a big total.

Played my new buy for the first time today. He didn't get to bat or bowl. Presumably he fielded.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
The Nuts chase down another big total today:

Rous CC: 12 (Vadiveloo 8, Extras 2; Mabudhfasi 6 for 3, Andre 4 for 9)

Coco's Nuts: 16/0 (Nkosinathi 14*, Duncan 2*)

Probably should choose some worse bowlers so we get to chase some sort of total, but I enjoy my decent bowler being given the chance to take a bag full too. Would just like to bat first for once so we can make a big total.
Geez, your bowling attack owns. You should bat first more, at least get some more of a game in.

I lost my third Twenty20, I made just under 160, and they chased it in 15 overs.

Son Of Coco

Geez, your bowling attack owns. You should bat first more, at least get some more of a game in.

I lost my third Twenty20, I made just under 160, and they chased it in 15 overs.
To be fair Jake, the teams I've played are **** for the most part. Haffy CC and Elite Express excepted. I have 4 bots in my league and the team I played today was one of them. Still trying to work out how I got EE out for 22, but 20/20 is a bit of a lottery I suppose.

Most of the guys on here would smash me to a similar tune.

And I'd love to bat first, I just have to win the toss for once :happy:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Dhindsa and Wilberforce provided the bulk of our runs yet again. They're a few down for 170 with one guy not out over a hunred. Could actually be a close game, if someone can stick with him.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I've got a cup game I'm going to GFI on sunday, my trainnie AR who will need to play, is on Invig fitness, and is on 5 nets, Should I take even more nets away from him? or put the training intensity down to reduce fitness hits. My intensity is currently 100.

Help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Code:
       End of Over 41: 193-6, runrate=4.71
Bashir	6-1-17-3
Gardner*	12 (35 balls)
Ettienne	0 (2 balls)
Last Wicket: Hyron c & b. Bashir 0 (FOW: 193/6)
40.6 	.	Bashir to Ettienne
 	 	Given plenty of air by Bashir, and Ettienne takes no chances. No run.
40.5 	.	Bashir to Ettienne
 	 	Just a little turn there and Ettienne plays it with a straight bat. Bashir fields off his own bowling.
40.4 	W	Bashir to Hyron
 	 	Hyron plays a fullish ball straight and hard back to Bashir. The ball hits his arm before going straight up in the air for a dolly of a catch.
40.3 	W	Bashir to Bradfield
 	 	Bradfield has gone for the sweep at a ball outside off stump and gets a top edge, Britton takes four or five running steps before diving to take a great catch low to the ground.
40.2 	W	Bashir to Muggins
 	 	Bizarre catch by Britton! The slip fielder thought he had taken it. Instead as it dropped out of his hand, the keeper made a fantastic dive to take the catch.
40.1 	.	Bashir to Muggins
 	 	Solid forward defensive shot.
Hattrick for Bashir swings this game back in my favour :happy:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
getting owned on a cracked wicket

End of Over 42: 245-3, runrate=5.83
Fenoughty 6-0-31-0
Mclaughlin* 68 (59 balls)
Wilkinson 97 (128 balls)
Last Wicket: Dikkumbura c. Cooper b. Cavanagh 66 (FOW: 127/3)

Going to be a 5th loss on the trot, to make it 8 defeats in 10 games and possibly the worst start to a campaign in Battrick in CWEB history

Proof
Code:
Previous Matches
31/05/2009 10:30 (Friendly) 	Chips Cheese and Gravy CC v Inter Lancs 	Lost 	
09/06/2009 10:30 (First Class) 	Chips Cheese and Gravy CC v Southsea Cricket 	Won 	
12/06/2009 10:30 (OD League) 	Twickenham v Chips Cheese and Gravy CC 	Lost 	
14/06/2009 10:30 (Cup) 	Chips Cheese and Gravy CC v Bob's Buffoons 	Lost 	
16/06/2009 10:30 (First Class) 	Walton Wanderers cc v Chips Cheese and Gravy CC 	Won
19/06/2009 10:30 (OD League) 	Chips Cheese and Gravy CC v Big Danny CC 	Lost 	
23/06/2009 12:30 (BT20) 	Chips Cheese and Gravy CC v Yorkshire legends 	Lost 	
24/06/2009 12:30 (BT20) 	Chips Cheese and Gravy CC v Superstars XI 	Lost 	
25/06/2009 12:30 (BT20) 	Colwick Clubbers v Chips Cheese and Gravy CC 	Lost 	
Ongoing Matches
26/06/2009 10:30 (OD League) 	left arm under v Chips Cheese and Gravy CC 	In Play 	shortcut

Menzies 8-0-38-5
44.6 W Menzies to Ditman
Got him! That was short and wide, but didn't get up. Ditman attempted to pull it, but only managed to drag it onto off stump!
44.2 W Menzies to Miles
That's jagged back from outside off stump and popped up off the gloves of Miles, an easy catch by Cooper.
42.5 W Menzies to Janes
Howzat? Out! Janes played down the wrong line and is hit plumb in front of the stumps.
42.4 W Menzies to Thomson
Oh dear, that was too close to the body to be cut and he's only succeeded in lobbing it to gully.

menzies continues to shine in the gloom :no2:

And to round off this gloom post me3nzies top scores with the bat getting 8

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
1.Farveez Samarasekera - 19 yo, BT Rating=51,183
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a steady player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, strong bowling form and fair fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: remarkable Concentration: competent
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: superb
Fielding: respectable

andyc

Brian Maguire - 17 yo, BT Rating=7,788
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, respectable bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: competent
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Sarwar Nizamuddin - 20 yo, BT Rating=50,854
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a defensive player with worthless leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has worthless batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: proficient
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: wonderful

Son Of Coco

Coco's Nuts
End of Over 44: 168-10, runrate=3.82

(Duncan 45, Nkosinathi 41, Hutchinson 23; Hibbert 4/38, Munir 3/16)

Pretty happy with that really...didn't think we'd bat for that long or score that many against a Div II team. They're far better than us and will hand me my arse on a platter no doubt, but at least it will be a longer game than expected. Really happy we batted 44 overs. All of my bowlers might even get to roll the arm over. Threw the all-rounder I bought in for a hit, but his fitness is only at invigorated. He scored 13 at no.7, which is 13 more than we normally score in that position. Hopefully when he's fully fit he'll contribute a few more back in the high class league that is Div V! He'll probably get to open.

I'm flattered that he's played a strong team against us :happy:

Ended up losing

Him: 169/1 (or something like that). Was happy to take a wicket and the bowlers weren't really disgraced. Andre with 1/21 off 7 the best of them.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Haven't logged in in ages, just checked the squad and was amazed to see how far Darby and Arthurton had come along.

Darren Darby - 22 yo, BT Rating=92,016
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with competent leadership skills and superb experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and moderate fitness.Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: exquisite Concentration: sensational
Bowling: worthless Consistency: respectable
Fielding: quality

Masimo Arthurton - 23 yo, BT Rating=84,370
LH Batsman, LM Bowler. He is a destructive player with proficient leadership skills and remarkable experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and fair fitness.Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: woeful Concentration: feeble
Bowling: sensational Consistency: sensational

Jarquis

I have 927 members but only 414 members seats. Is that something I should look to address?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Terry Lockett (2593298)

Terry is a RH Batsman and RM Bowler. He is a steady player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Plays For: Chips Cheese and Gravy CC
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,185
Wages: £522 p/w
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: competent Consistency: respectable
Fielding: woeful
Processing ...
Not exacly gold standard but i hope somebody picks him up (listed for 0)