• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think I'm going to let my team go bot, I've got a few decent players that I'll be listing for $0. Just thought I'd give you kids a bit of notice if you'd like to raise funds for one of them beforehand. A couple of them have slightly lopsided primaries, I haven't paid any attention to their training in recent seasons.

Jim Tarry (43032)

Jim is a RH Batsman and RM Bowler. He is a cautious player with strong leadership skills and masterful experience.

He currently has proficient batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.
Plays For: Male Models
Nationality: Australia
Dual Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 109,251
Wages: £54,614 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: exquisite
Batting: superb Concentration: masterful
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: strong
Fielding: feeble
Processing ...

Eddie Dove (69164)

Eddie is a RH Batsman and RF Bowler. He is a cautious player with woeful leadership skills and miraculous experience.

He currently has proficient batting form, respectable bowling form and sublime fitness.
Battrick Rating: 105,223
Wages: £90,422 p/w
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: miraculous Concentration: exquisite
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal
Processing ...

Grady Hussein (1878382)

Grady is a LH Batsman and LFM Bowler. He is an attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and respectable experience.

He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 83,907
Wages: £32,813 p/w
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: strong
Bowling: sensational Consistency: exceptional
Fielding: strong

Shaka Petty (1875343)

Shaka is a LH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a cautious player with superb leadership skills and feeble experience.

He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 38,630
Wages: £12,397 p/w
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: remarkable Concentration: strong
Bowling: feeble Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless
Processing ...

Gavin Rich (1891583)

Gavin is a LH Batsman and LH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.
Battrick Rating: 31,956
Wages: £13,677 p/w
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: strong
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal
Processing ...

I'll probably list them some time next week.
Would be interested in the LFM bowler, but he'll go for more that I can pay on the transfer market I'd imagine...considering he'd automatically be the best player in my team :happy:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
End of Over 17: 54-9, runrate=3.18, reqrunrate=1.45 (101-10)
Mccammon 2-0-10-2
Branson* 34 (34 balls)
Garry 0 (2 balls)
Last Wicket: Legg lbw b. Mccammon 0 (FOW: 54/9)

I'm going to actually win my first game in Div.II. AWESSSSSSSSSSSSOMMMMMMEEEEEEEE.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Why not?

I can go into debt to get them. Plus, I will get 50k at financial update, plus gate reciepts from my match/es.
Because they'll all go for 3million+, easily.

In other news, seems I spoke too soon:

End of Over 22: 65-9, runrate=2.95, reqrunrate=1.32 (101-10)
Hyde 1-0-1-0
Branson* 38 (47 balls)
Garry 7 (19 balls)
Last Wicket: Legg lbw b. Mccammon 0 (FOW: 54/9)

Nervy here.

Son Of Coco

Why not?

I can go into debt to get them. Plus, I will get 50k at financial update, plus gate reciepts from my match/es.
Yeah DCYE is right Jakester, I have $3 - $4 million and I won't get near any of those players unless everyone else bidding suddenly forgets about them for 48 hours. ( I may be half a chance with one of them, but lately bids have been high for the most part from what I've seen).

You won't pick any of them up for $100,000 I'm afraid. Maybe you'd be better off looking at what sort of player will give you a boost in your league at the moment and bidding for them, it'll be cheaper and you'll be able to afford their wages.

Last edited:

andyc

Forgot to get orders in so am only PANing this, they've had some big overs recently but the RRR should be high enough for me to take it out.

End of Over 43: 231-5, runrate=5.37, reqrunrate=8.71 (291-6)
Nizamuddin 7-0-45-1
Moodley* 9 (6 balls)
Frederick 107 (112 balls)
Last Wicket: Lindani c. Terry b. Nizamuddin 32 (FOW: 212/5)

Edit: Won by 6 runs in the end, Nizamuddin taking 4 in the last 10 to do it for us.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
Holy jesus!

Just saw my OD match played today! Made 278 with the bat, again my openers led the way, Newton making 112 and Raisani, Mr Choke, perhaps he should be called, scored 99, after falling on 95 in the FC match. Unfortunately the bowlers were rubbish and I lost, the opposition chasing down the score with <4 overs to spare.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Haha, really? I seriously doubt you have been.
Yeah.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: mediocre

That's what his players like. That's ****. I get players with at least competent bowling for a few k or less. Notice no one has bidded on his player?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: mediocre

That's what his players like. That's ****. I get players with at least competent bowling for a few k or less. Notice no one has bidded on his player?
There are worse players, and for a grand he'd be a good squad filler considering the level your team as at. Would also like to see these 300000 times better players as well.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Sorry to sound a bit impatient

But can somebody help me with my div 4 question a couple of pages back? I'll say it again now.

What kind of team ( players skills ) would I need to hold my spot in DIV 4, aus OD. ?

thankss :)