• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Not really, there are diminishing returns on skill levels that are not reflected by wage increases. You could add another twenty levels of secondaries to that player and he'd hardly be any better at all but his wages would increase tenfold or more. It's not as simple as x levels of secondary = one level of primary. A secondary skill, however high, is always going to be inhibited by a low primary.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
I think it's overnight at the moment.

I had a good start to my First Class career.

I bowled them out for 342, with trainees Waterworth taking 5/39 and Britz 4/112!

Then I made inroads into chasing, making my way to 2/86 my the end of the days play, openers making 42 and 32 respectively, but then unfortunately they both got out near the end of the days play.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jamee currently 25-4 against me. Warnock is still in though. Hopefully we can get him out, but if we can't we'll keep plugging away at the comparative tripe at the other end.

Warnock playing silly cricket here. Taking singles off the first ball of the last two overs, leaving Todd to face the music.

Last edited:

jimbles

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
nice start jakester. My first class game is under way at the moment! Will let you know how my debut goes.

jimbles

current score for my first game every, FC game...

78-0 after 21 overs.. I won toss and chose to bat!

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Try getting drawn against the side that won both the OD and FC titles in NZ first up. :dry:
I stand corrected

Also my superstar bastman (Steyn decides to go missing on a slow wicket aagainst the best oppo in league)

jimbles

Day one is over for my first class match! My first game in charge too!!

Current scores

Brintons CC 1st Inning 335-10 (94overs)

Boom Boom 1st Inning 82-2 (16overs)

They do have the better run rate, but I'm hoping I get second innings and win then!

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Day one is over for my first class match! My first game in charge too!!

Current scores

Brintons CC 1st Inning 335-10 (94overs)

Boom Boom 1st Inning 82-2 (16overs)

They do have the better run rate, but I'm hoping I get second innings and win then!
Welcome to BT :)

I've just had a quick look at your opponents' team -- it's a BOT, i.e. an unmanaged team with all its players set to Worthless form. You should be absolutely destroying them!

jimbles

Yeah I had an inkling they were a BOT team mate! Especially when you look at how quickly there first few wickets fell!

jimbles

I think if you go to their pavilion it might be there? Not tried it, but i figured it due to the fact of how crap they are batting to be honest

jimbles

so i was right then!! I'm not bothering to read the forums. I'm figuring things out for myself :)

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My team have stepped up nicely for the first FC game of the season. For some reason he declared at 353 - seven runs short of full points for batting. In reply we got 123 first innings and are following on. :dry:

I thought I'd play full strength to see how we'd go against this guy (with the thought he might not play his best team), but it looks like the answer is no good. Will concentrate on OD this season where most of the teams are ****house.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I think it's overnight at the moment.

I had a good start to my First Class career.

I bowled them out for 342, with trainees Waterworth taking 5/39 and Britz 4/112!

Then I made inroads into chasing, making my way to 2/86 my the end of the days play, openers making 42 and 32 respectively, but then unfortunately they both got out near the end of the days play.
WTF happened here?

The next day, I went from 2/86 and got bowled out for 172. Then I got put back in, and my gun opener, who I bought, but isn't really that good, made 95, and his partner made his way to 76, before both fell just before the day ended.

Currently 3/214, 40 odd runs ahead, so we are essentially 3/40 odd, with out best 2 batsmen already dismissed.

Majin

International Debutant
Hey guys, what sort of price do you reckon this guy should fetch on the TM?

Justin is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a steady player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.
Plays For: Guttedball
Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 4,404
Wages: £825 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

Already been up for sale for a while, nearly over actually and there is a nice bidding war going on. Was just wondering what would be considered a good price for him.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey guys, what sort of price do you reckon this guy should fetch on the TM?

Justin is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a steady player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and lively fitness.
Plays For: Guttedball
Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 4,404
Wages: £825 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

Already been up for sale for a while, nearly over actually and there is a nice bidding war going on. Was just wondering what would be considered a good price for him.
I'd pay loads for a trainee like that8-)

playing well finally

Last edited: