• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Ideal trainee had it been the start of the season, however he should reach proficient primary before the season ends.

I expect to continue with him through a full trainee cycle.

Noble One

My new YP.

Clark Mitchley - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,850, Wage=£726
A defensive RH batsman and an attacking RM bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

****!!!! Where the hell were you in weeks 1, 2 or 3 when your value would be 500K+.

Tempted to train him, but no space on the list, and I'm already set on training another 17 YO. Listed.
Whilst looking through the team history of my former side, I noticed this player kicked on well. Sold this trainee in June 2010 and he has gone on to play 116 ODI's for Zimbabwe for 4,987 runs at an average of 73.34.

Noble One

Arthur Hibbert - 17 yo, BT Rating=3,373, Wage=£836 transfer listed
A steady RH batsman and an attacking RFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: respectable Concentration: worthless
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

Pulled on 0 ITS. Shame about the concentration and stamina.

cnerd123

likes this
Wouldn't have expected anyone to turn a mid-season pull into a NT player. Zim probably had a shortage of talent, or a manager determined to produce a NT star.

Mid-season 0 ITS Resp pulls are the worst. So tempting to train up but never really worth it.

I've trimmed my squad down to 14 players; although I plan to only use 13 of them in all my games. All bots so NBD if I play/train my kids to death. The Exp gains are worth it. Bought a Resp batsman and a Comp 17 year old spinner who can double up as my captain, so overall looking decent. Double netting 3 17 YOs and single netting 3 19 YOs. Next season I'll pull a max ITS 17 YO and put him on 3 nets in place of the 19 YOs. Will also save up cash so I can buy some replacements for the 30 YO Med/Meds in my starting XI.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
6. Carl Alman - 17 yo, BT Rating=9,692, Wage=£1,002 shortcut
A cautious RH batsman and a cautious RFM bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience. He favours Hard and Fast Pitches but has no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: competent

Happy with that, have two prof+ 17yo bats on two nets, should alleviate my batting fragility in the coming seasons quite nicely.

Noble One

Tied with ***** overnight in a BT20 Friendly.

It was a good chase from Uva Warriors after being 4/39 chasing 190.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Thinking of getting back into this, but I don't remember ****.

- What's with the waiting/available numbers on the signup screen? If there are a thousand teams available, why do I have to wait?
- Should I sign up now or wait? What point of the season are we at right now?
- FC or no FC? I seem to have made posts in this subforum about FC being ****ed, but enjoying the gate receipts.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Thinking of getting back into this, but I don't remember ****.

- What's with the waiting/available numbers on the signup screen? If there are a thousand teams available, why do I have to wait?
- Should I sign up now or wait? What point of the season are we at right now?
- FC or no FC? I seem to have made posts in this subforum about FC being ****ed, but enjoying the gate receipts.
1) The GM's need to approve all signups I think. I mean I haven't signed up for a BT account since 2005 so I wouldn't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure it takes barely any time at all.
2) We're like 2/3rds to 3/4ths through the season. Don't see why signing up now would be a bad idea, you'd likely be in a bot league and ready to smash yourself some teams and gather gate receipts.
3) I'd go with an FC country for sure. Games are a bit weird but they give you more orders to play with and give you competitive games during the week that aren't friendlies. Plus the cash is nice. That said if you pick an FC nation it'll be much harder to make it to the top of your OD leagues if you decide to stick with it.

Noble One

Setanta Al (4933972) shortcutSetanta is a steady RH Batsman, and a cautious RM Bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has superb batting form, woeful bowling form and fatigued fitness.

Plays For: Pastel Ducks
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 7,667 (+110)
Wages: £548 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: feeble Concentration: respectable
Bowling: competent Consistency: competent
Fielding: feeble

Nothing to see here.

cnerd123

likes this
New season underway soon.

Made some massive improvements to my squad. Gonna have 2 17 YOs on 3 nets each and 3 18 YOs on 1 net each, with 1 stamina net to be shared amongst all the players.

Got no 30 year olds, and quite a few Comp/Resp players now. Also a 15,000 capacity stadium is in the works. Not bad for half a season I reckon. Can't wait to GFI on a full strength XI and see how they go

Noble One

I have not made many changes to my side. The prize money from winning the first class and one day leagues will push my team towards a bank balance of £1.6million and maximum interest. After this I will start to consider stadium expansion and replacing some of the starter squad.

My training plan is to build slow, injecting a new trainee each season. The plan for S33 is as follows:
2 x 18 YO's on 3 nets (2 x primary, 1 x stamina)
1 x 18 YO on 4 nets (2 x primary, 1 x stamina, 1 x fielding)

Agent TBY

International Captain
Nice pops this week.

Dickie Donaldson - 17 yo, BT Rating=14,255, Wage=£874 shortcut
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RM bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience. He favours Slow Pitches but has no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, woeful bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: strong

Not bad for a week 5 pull, eh?