• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Have about 4.5 million in the bank and willing to spend, say, 3.75 - 4 mill tops on a new fifth bowler. My current one is a resp-comp medium pacer and isn't really up to it now.
My 4th bowler, or 2nd weakest of the 5, is a strong-comp and seems to be okay. I guess I'll be looking at a bowler that is at least strong then. I have 1 spinner, 2 fms and 1 med so what type doesn't really matter.

Could I realistically pick up a decent strong player or there abouts for that much? Age doesn't matter (well, pref <30).

kingdamo

School Boy/Girl Captain
Have about 4.5 million in the bank and willing to spend, say, 3.75 - 4 mill tops on a new fifth bowler. My current one is a resp-comp medium pacer and isn't really up to it now.
My 4th bowler, or 2nd weakest of the 5, is a strong-comp and seems to be okay. I guess I'll be looking at a bowler that is at least strong then. I have 1 spinner, 2 fms and 1 med so what type doesn't really matter.

Could I realistically pick up a decent strong player or there abouts for that much? Age doesn't matter (well, pref <30).
Definitely mate, I picked up a strong 22yo for around 1mil, only had competent secondary though.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think I sold Hodge qual/prof for 2 mil and he was about 27. You probably could get a remarkable for 3 mil probably.

NZTailender

Sweet, thanks guys. Did a quick and obviously incompetent job of finding out myself earlier, seemed like a lot of them were going for a ridiculous amount. Turns out I had an extra skill filter on :shy:

NZTailender

Ended up buying this guy for 3,195,416

Matthew Horwood (322311)

Matthew is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with feeble leadership skills and sensational experience.

He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Plays For: Tawonga Tigers
Nationality: South Africa
Dual Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 31,860
Wages: £6,845 p/w
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: quality Consistency: superb
Fielding: abysmal

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sarwar Nizamuddin - 19 yo, BT Rating=36,051
RH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is a defensive player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: respectable
Bowling: quality Consistency: quality
Fielding: mediocre

Bryan Hamilton - 18 yo, BT Rating=24,355
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has abysmal batting form, strong bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: respectable
Bowling: superb Consistency: respectable
Fielding: competent

NZTailender

Matthew Wilberforce - 21 yo, BT Rating=52,810
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a steady player with worthless leadership skills and competent experience.
He currently has strong batting form, strong bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: exceptional Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: woeful Consistency: woeful

Greg Stiemmie - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,877
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a cautious player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, respectable bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal

Yessss.

Bobisback

International Regular
Eamonn Johal - 17 yo, BT Rating=18,240
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a defensive player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
He currently has strong batting form, respectable bowling form and fair fitness.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: proficient Concentration: competent
Bowling: respectable Consistency: respectable

Howard Wilkinson - 19 yo, BT Rating=35,716
LH Batsman, LF Bowler. He is a cautious player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, respectable bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: remarkable Concentration: quality
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful

Yeah Johal.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
23.Sarath Cramar - 19 yo, BT Rating=27,448
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a destructive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: remarkable Concentration: proficient
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: abysmal

kingdamo

School Boy/Girl Captain
Smashed a bot in my OD game, now up to 3rd in my league. Should hopefully stay that way for the rest of the season.

nibbs

International Captain
Should pop to wonderful bowling next week.

Daniel Winters - 20 yo, BT Rating=44,711
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is a steady player with woeful leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: respectable
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: quality

kingdamo

School Boy/Girl Captain
Carlos Finn - 19 yo, BT Rating=27,140
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a steady player with abysmal leadership skills and mediocre experience.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: quality Concentration: strong
Bowling: feeble Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: respectable

Awesome pop.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
3.Jack Cronin - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,803
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is an attacking player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: Proficient Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

2.Bill Middleton - 22 yo, BT Rating=47,054
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is an attacking player with feeble leadership skills and proficient experience.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: feeble

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Humph. I think if you're going to chuck a match, the polite thing to do is not to put the opposition in, thus knackering their decent bats as they flay your bowlers to all corners. Also, if you've been playing battrick for three entire years, your stadium really ought to pull in more than £150k.

Needless to say, I am not best pleased with today's cup opponent.

22/03/2009 Played a match and received £77,347 in gate receipts.

End of Over 28: 209-1, runrate=7.46
Carlisle 4-0-31-0
Platt* 101 (74 balls)
Bromby 101 (91 balls)

Erk, that was a somewhat Scalyish whinge... :)

nibbs

International Captain
ASC Whenuapai vs. Jason Duggan in today's cup match. I'm very concerned that it might get ugly

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
that could be true, but I do not have any better keeping options...

although how much do you guys think I could catch for this guy ?

anyone?

Darren Kemp - 25 yo, BT Rating=155,388
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is a defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and wonderful experience.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and moderate fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: exquisite
Batting: remarkable Concentration: phenomenal
Bowling: worthless Consistency: sensational
Fielding: woeful

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Not a huge amount, I suspect - his wage is a lot higher than it should be, given his batting, that's going to put a few people off. £4m maybe? Hard to tell, some people like a high wicketkeeper stat, but I don't think I'd go beyond 4 for him.

Take this with a pinch of salt of course, the last player I bought was two seasons ago.