• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Bobisback

International Regular
It has to do with your leagues, not the strength of your team or who you beat. Im 2nd in Bangladesh even though ive lost one match since being here.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ahhh, ok. I'd say dropping down a league in FC has something to do with it then.

Still, it's funny being able to beat the 120-odd ranked team (that's twice now) and still be ranked 700. It's impossible to play your full-strength team all the time without them passing out from exhaustion (and starting to lose a lot).

Mr Popodopolous

Cricket Spectator
Look on course for FC promotion- screwed up my opening game by batting on too long on the last day but no such problems this time being some 385 ahead. OD going ok also.

davidgdafter

Cricket Spectator
Just waiting for the new FC leagues to come out as I promoted this season. Got a really hard cup draw as usual.....need to decide whether to play my 1st XI or not.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Battrick News said:
Franchises

Ever wanted to try starting from scratch? Ever thought you could do it better a second time around? Starting from midway through next season, members will have the option to start a franchise to try just that.

A franchise will be another team that is directly linked to your main team but runs independently. The franchise will have its own set of players, income, members, nets, etc and effectively run as a separate team. You will not be allowed to trade between the two teams, they must run totally independently.

This option to create a franchise will be available to all members midway through the new season. A link will be available under the Pavilion to create the franchise. Non-members will not get this option, including during the free period of trial membership. If the franchise goes bankrupt, it will close and you will not be allowed to start a new franchise until the following season. If the main team goes bankrupt, the franchise will be lost as well.

There are a few additional rules for franchises:

• It must be in another country from the main team
  • It will not convey any voting privileges in that country for elections
  • The main team will not be allowed to emigrate to that country
  • The main team must maintain membership to keep the franchise. If membership runs out and is not resumed within 4 weeks, the franchise will be lost.

Please join us on this thread to discuss.
Tharrrr ye goooooo.

Bobisback

International Regular
Really cant be bothered signing up for membership, barely pay attention to it. Also about to go bankrupt, so might just ignore the game completely.

Will do it if FTP brings it in though.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm probs gonna use my new team to pump out some u-19's seeing as though I've never done that. Should revive a bit of interest which has picked up a bit lately, as my 5th or 6th batch of trainees come through. I really wish I made it to Div.I that year I won my Div.II though, as I don't think I'll ever have another shot.

Bobisback

International Regular
I only managed last season because I won Div 1 and the cup. Though every cup game was away, if I can get a decent run of home games I might last another season.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Salaries: 500,438
Probs that. I still have 2.5 million, I'll just be broke during the offseason I think.
Oh, I see. Don't even know what my teams wages are right now, all I know is I've got enough cash reserves not to worry about it

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Played DCYE today, won't mention the score but I think it's safe to say all of my players are suffering sore arses tonight. Apparently I'm worse than the bot team in our league

Last edited: