• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

nibbs

International Captain
Walked my way through back to back Bangladesh cups today. Fun times.
Congrats, Bob.

My side is on the cusp of something special.

I'm through to the NZ Cup semis. It's the third time I've made it this far. The only difference is that this time around I've probably got the strongest squad of the remaining sides, as opposed to the weakest. So naturally I'm feeling pretty good about my chances here. I should win my semi which would propel me into my first final. The question remains whether or not I can knock over the sides in the other semi, should I progress, that is. They are Wreckers - NZ's most successful side - and Chapel Hill - my long time rival.

I'm also leading the State Shield, that's I.1 OD in New Zealand btw. I've got a slender 2 point lead having built a 6-1-1 record to date.

With a little luck we will do the NZ OD double. If we can I'll be thinking dynasty. My side does have a habit of pulling off some rather embarrassing chokes from time to time. I get the feeling that this season we could end up like [insert perennial bridesmaid here].

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One of my openers just scored his first run after being on a duck for 61 balls. How disappointing, thought he might've sewn up some sort of record.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nicholas Bone - 18 yo - 2 Bowl 1 Stam
Stamina: feeble
Bowling: proficient Consistency: competent
Fielding: woeful

Stewart Matthews - 17 yo - 2 Bat 1 Stam 1 Field
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Fielding: mediocre

Lewis Mqabukonyongolo - 17 yo - 2 Bat 1 Stam
Batting: proficient Concentration: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

Thoughts guys? This is only my first season in Battrick so I'm kind of looking forward to have these guys be my main players in the future

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nicholas Bone - 18 yo - 2 Bowl 1 Stam
Bowling: proficient Consistency: competent
Fielding: woeful

Stewart Matthews - 17 yo - 2 Bat 1 Stam 1 Field

Lewis Mqabukonyongolo - 17 yo - 2 Bat 1 Stam
Batting: proficient Concentration: mediocre

Thoughts guys? This is only my first season in Battrick so I'm kind of looking forward to have these guys be my main players in the future

andyc

Desmond Giscard - 18 yo, BT Rating=27,787, Wage=£3,641
A defensive RH batsman and an attacking RH wrist spin bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience. He favours Dusty Pitches but has no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and fair fitness.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Bowling: quality Consistency: respectable

nibbs

International Captain
Liam Sutton - 24 yo, BT Rating=119,704, Wage=£37,138
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RF bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and remarkable experience. He favours Slow Pitches but has no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: sensational Concentration: phenomenal
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: competent

Sammy Pearson - 21 yo, BT Rating=75,638, Wage=£23,335
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and respectable experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has competent batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: quality
Batting: exceptional Concentration: exceptional
Bowling: worthless Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

In other news. I'm in the BTNZ Cup final tomorrow.

Son Of Coco

Apparently 'Go For It' means you nudge, prod, and block a lot. Would've thought it would lead to hitting out or getting out myself.

Have a go ****s!

Edit: Finished the innings 224/1 on a flat deck. :dry: Put in a decent bat at 3 before the big guns come in at 4 and 5...they didn't get a bat and he scored 52 off 91. Possibly poor managerial skills there. He blatantly ignored the team instructions though.

Anyway, opposition are 164/5 chasing with 12 overs left. Coco's Nut's season is on the line here. Draw within 4 points of my next opponent if we win, play him next, then the team I beat (there's only one) last game of the season. Could get out of the relegation zone...if we win this first.

My bet is we won't. :dry: Once of these clowns has a relatively low rating and fitness...will be annoyed if we don't get him out.

12 off the last over hasn't helped. Arnison...here's you chance to be a hero son!

Edit II: And The Nuts win by 6 runs...hopefully going some way to avoiding a drop to Div V again next season.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Not the best time to switch the batting order and forget to switch the bowlers...4 ok, but one is a batsman :dry:

May have just rushed back into Div V.

nibbs

International Captain
So I lost the NZ Cup final. FFS.

But made up for it yesterday by securing the State Shield (that's I.1 OD) title with 2 games to spare.

I've got some pops to report. It just doesn't feel not right not posting them here for the CW community to absorb.

Jon Coates - 22 yo, BT Rating=147,241, Wage=£53,417
A destructive LH batsman and a destructive LF bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and proficient experience. He favours Fast-Medium Bowling but has no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, respectable bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: exquisite Concentration: miraculous
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: respectable
Fielding: exquisite

Sammy Pearson - 21 yo, BT Rating=81,406, Wage=£23,335
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and respectable experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: quality
Batting: exceptional Concentration: sensational
Bowling: worthless Consistency: respectable
Fielding: abysmal

Maurice Simmonds - 19 yo, BT Rating=47,644, Wage=£9,881
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RF bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has competent batting form, competent bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: proficient

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Just looking at my upcoming season:

OD: 6 bots and the other team might as well be a bot.

FC: Very average competition

Twenty/20: Should be some fun as usual, went ok last season.

Cup: Bot first up, will crash out early though.

What an exciting season this is promising to be...

Bobisback

International Regular
Dear Bobisback,

Zikria Taqi (3883349)

Zikria is a destructive RH Batsman, and a cautious RM Bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Plays For: Four Pillars and Poor Fillers
Nationality: Bangladesh
Battrick Rating: 10,456
Wages: £1,366 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: respectable
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: respectable
Processing ... loading

Merry Xmas

Love Battrick.

On the market for zilch.

nibbs

International Captain
oh dear. what happened to this place? once a hive of activity.

finished product -

Jon Coates - 23 yo, BT Rating=169,208, Wage=£68,283
A destructive LH batsman and a destructive LF bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and strong experience. He favours Fast-Medium Bowling but has no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: masterful Concentration: miraculous
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: respectable
Fielding: exquisite

Bobisback

International Regular
The game is pretty boring.

My trainees:

Zatiah France - 18 yo, BT Rating=25,804, Wage=£3,432
A defensive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and abysmal experience. He favours Fast-Medium Bowling but has no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, competent bowling form and sublime fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: superb
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful

Nousel Illangakoon - 21 yo, BT Rating=124,549, Wage=£34,934
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RFM bowler. He has strong leadership skills and competent experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: proficient
Bowling: sensational Consistency: exquisite
Fielding: exceptional

Eamonn Johal - 23 yo, BT Rating=191,170, Wage=£91,607
A defensive RH batsman and a defensive RM bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and proficient experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, respectable bowling form and moderate fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: exceptional Concentration: exquisite
Bowling: masterful Consistency: miraculous
Fielding: strong

Harrison Yeadon - 21 yo, BT Rating=109,117, Wage=£42,279
A steady LH batsman and a steady RH wrist spin bowler. He has competent leadership skills and woeful experience. He favours RH Batsmen but has no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, strong bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: worthless Concentration: competent
Bowling: exquisite Consistency: masterful
Fielding: proficient

Pretty much only log in to see my match on Friday, which I always win. And to check training and do a youth pull.

cnerd123

likes this
Howdy Bob. Did know you were a CW-er.

Guess I'm seeing you in the Cup final again this season eh?

Go easy on me :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
My time in Battrick has come to an end. Selling my players tonight. Own a piece of Brackenhurst history!

EDIT: PETER HAMLIN IS THE ONLY MAN I'VE EVER LOVED

EDIT 2: A deal can obviously be arranged as long as it's reasonable.

EDIT 3: All Time Brackenhurst XI -

1) Zia Burnip
2) Saeed Chawla
3) Justin Hindle
4) Peter Hamlin
5) Ty Browne (c)
6) Brett Read
7) Pete Bardle (wk)
8) Dean Holmes
9) Dave Paris
10) Adrian Simmonds
11) Dwayne Smart

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
(taken from a BT mail to another manager)

Thanks man.

Pretty much just the reasons I mentioned in my PR. There have been no worthwhile advances in Battrick since I joined in 2006.

I'm quite attached to my players, and once you reach a certain point, the world of Battrick doesn't allow you to hold onto them, unless you're keen on bankruptcy. I can't even retire them into my Hall of Fame, as such a thing doesn't exist.

I have no interest in playing a 'save-your-club-from-financial-ruin-by-selling-the-players-you-love' simulation.