• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

nibbs

International Captain
Finally have my team at a level I'm happy with and realise that I can't afford it. :( :( :( :( :(
i can see your problem. two masterful's in there.

given where your side is at, you'd be far better off stopping training at sensational or, even better, exceptional.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Wouldn't win many games that way tbh. What's the jump in wage like from sensational to exquisite?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Thank you. At least I'm not emotionally attached to these new players yet, haha.

Listed for 4mil.

Gordon Hall - 28 yo, BT Rating=72,994, Wage=£32,008
A cautious LH batsman and a cautious LFM bowler. He has superb leadership skills and elite experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, proficient bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: sensational Consistency: exceptional
Fielding: proficient

An early bid would be much appreciated. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Listed for 0. Had him for 25 months. WAG Chawla.

Saeed Chawla - 23 yo, BT Rating=90,987, Wage=£62,647
A cautious RH batsman and a cautious RM bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and proficient experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, respectable bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: masterful Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: quality

You will be missed my love!

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Listed for 0. Had him for 25 months. WAG Chawla.

Saeed Chawla - 23 yo, BT Rating=90,987, Wage=£62,647
A cautious RH batsman and a cautious RM bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and proficient experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, respectable bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: masterful Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: quality

You will be missed my love!
Will be watching him.

shanebond

Cricket Spectator
You have 1 out of 3 right. You need stamina, and consistency rather than concentration.
But isn't Stamina required for seamers? They bowl shorter spells and take more physical work, so its understandable that they really need stamina. But spinners can bowl long spells and judging by their bowling, they don't require much physicality, why would they need stamina?

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
But isn't Stamina required for seamers? They bowl shorter spells and take more physical work, so its understandable that they really need stamina. But spinners can bowl long spells and judging by their bowling, they don't require much physicality, why would they need stamina?
You need to remove the link between real-life cricket and Battrick. Your spinner will need stamina. Try playing a spinner with below mediocre stamina, almost useless.

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 31: 190-4, runrate=6.13
Manchester 6-0-49-1
Mulvaney* 45 (44 balls)
Mchugh 15 (14 balls)
Last Wicket: Siems c. Nkoe b. Manchester 98 (FOW: 158/4)

Top innings from Siemsy. We're rattling along at a great pace, and you can tell the opposition is ****e when Mulvaney is scoring a run a ball.

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 50: 323-4, runrate=6.46
Ravenhill 10-0-87-0
Mchugh* 82 (74 balls)
Mulvaney 110 (98 balls)
Last Wicket: Siems c. Nkoe b. Manchester 98 (FOW: 158/4)

I'd imagine they'd have a tough time of chasing that down.

Good to rest Vidale and still make a great score, no matter how poor the opposition. Now I'd like to see us bowl them out under 200 proving we can rely on Adri and co without Fillery.