• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

nibbs

International Captain
pops -

Sammy Pearson - 20 yo, BT Rating=64,311, Wage=£16,698
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: quality
Batting: wonderful Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: worthless Consistency: competent
Fielding: abysmal

Maurice Simmonds - 18 yo, BT Rating=38,015, Wage=£4,053
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RF bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and woeful experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: superb* Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: quality Consistency: superb
Fielding: respectable

Jakester1288

International Regular
Just saw a tweet from BT, and we're back.

End of Over 19: 94-2, runrate=4.95, reqrunrate=4.32 (227-4)
Joyce 5-0-22-1
Naseem* 7 (7 balls)
Caulfield 8 (13 balls)
Last Wicket: Donald c & b. Joyce 38 (FOW: 82/2)

Batted what seems like a tad slow. Match very much in the balance atm.

Jakester1288

International Regular
If I can knock over Caulfield before he makes 30 I'd have a far greater chance of winning this match.

Waiting keenly for Fillery to come on, he's my best chance of getting wickets.

EDIT: By the time Fillery comes on it'll probably be too late. Gotta make a not of getting him bowling earlier in the innings, through the middle overs when the oppositions dangerous batsmen are in.

Bobisback

International Regular
Nousel Illangakoon - 19 yo, BT Rating=55,821, Wage=£10,358 Part of the Sri Lanka U19 squad
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RFM bowler. He has strong leadership skills and feeble experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, strong bowling form and changeable fitness.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: worthless Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: remarkable
Fielding: superb

Just the one pop, but its pretty ***y.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
If I can knock over Caulfield before he makes 30 I'd have a far greater chance of winning this match.

Waiting keenly for Fillery to come on, he's my best chance of getting wickets.

EDIT: By the time Fillery comes on it'll probably be too late. Gotta make a not of getting him bowling earlier in the innings, through the middle overs when the oppositions dangerous batsmen are in.
If you knock one of Naseem or Caulfield over the game is yours. The remaining players are mostly backups.

Jakester1288

International Regular
If you knock one of Naseem or Caulfield over the game is yours. The remaining players are mostly backups.
Heck, it's too late for that even.

You only need 4 and a half an over, and you'll speed up in the last 10 due to the match engine anyway.

End of Over 39: 177-2, runrate=4.54, reqrunrate=4.64 (227-4)
Joyce 10-0-54-1
Naseem* 37 (71 balls)
Caulfield 59 (69 balls)
Last Wicket: Donald c & b. Joyce 38 (FOW: 82/2)

Suppose a bit of Fillery magic could get me a win.

Jakester1288

International Regular
40.2 W Lancashire to Naseem
The keeper dives to right in front of second slip gleefully accepting the catch. He is quickly surrounded by his team mates congratulating him on his one handed catch.

Eh Naseem gone. He's going slow and actually helping my side win, Caulfield is the big wicket we need now.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Is there any way to tell if your keeper dropped any catches without reading through the commentary? Does it show something or just a dot ball for drops?

Jakester1288

International Regular
You're looking likely to win, but regardless of the result, want another friendly for next sunday unless my mate want's one?

Keen to beat you haha.

Jakester1288

International Regular
And that's the end of the match. Canterbury Chargers won by 7 wickets.
Killers CC 227-4
Canterbury Chargers 229-3

End of Over 48: 229-3, runrate=4.77
Fillery 8-0-43-0
Reid* 16 (25 balls)
Caulfield 92 (92 balls)

Caulfield did it for you. I batted too slow from the start, if I had another 20-30 I would have won.

Challenged to another game, at my home ground.

Bobisback

International Regular
End of Over 46: 222-10, runrate=4.83
Seaman 8-0-35-2
August* 15 (16 balls)

Bangladesh cup final. Hard and Fast. I think my Phenomenal top order should destroy his strong-comp bowling attack. Weirder things have happened though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Last player up for sale for a while I hope. Listed for 0k.

Roy Lawson - (875919) 30 yo, BT Rating=6,584, Wage=£881
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and strong experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: woeful Concentration: feeble
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: woeful

Early bids appreciated. :)