• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Jakester1288

International Regular
Lloyd Porter - 2 bowling, 1 stam

Lawrence Alexis - 1 stam, 2 bat, 1 wk

And try to pull a batsmen in the 'club info'. On the side it says develop a new player, try to put the max on batting and concentration, and use whats left on stamina, and put him on 2 bat 1 stam.

These 3 should be your star players in a few seasons, keep training them till around wonderful/sensational primary and superb stamina, or until around 22/23.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Lee Carey - 18 yo, BT Rating=16,179, Wage=£1,733
An attacking RH batsman and an attacking RM bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and woeful experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: feeble

Maiden century on Friday, batting pop the next day, a good week for Carey.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
3. Hamid Campbell - 23 yo, BT Rating=112,260, Wage=£60,212 shortcut
A defensive LH batsman and a defensive LH finger spin bowler. He has competent leadership skills and respectable experience. He favours Dusty Pitches but has no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, proficient bowling form and energetic fitness.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: exceptional
Batting: exquisite Concentration: exquisite
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: competent
Fielding: abysmal

Might be Hamid done I think, not sure. Maybs another level. Thoughts anyone? As it stands he's just my best bat, I wouldn't mind having a batsman clearly a level or so better than the others.

Noble One

My new YP.

Clark Mitchley - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,850, Wage=£726
A defensive RH batsman and an attacking RM bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: worthless

****!!!! Where the hell were you in weeks 1, 2 or 3 when your value would be 500K+.

Tempted to train him, but no space on the list, and I'm already set on training another 17 YO. Listed.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cons pop on Whitehorn. Get in.
Stam for Aulak and Batting for Stols.

Last edited:

shanebond

Cricket Spectator
Lloyd Porter - 2 bowling, 1 stam

Lawrence Alexis - 1 stam, 2 bat, 1 wk

And try to pull a batsmen in the 'club info'. On the side it says develop a new player, try to put the max on batting and concentration, and use whats left on stamina, and put him on 2 bat 1 stam.

These 3 should be your star players in a few seasons, keep training them till around wonderful/sensational primary and superb stamina, or until around 22/23.
The thing is, I only have 2 ITS remaining....now what do I do....I used those ITS and made a new player with abysmal batting skills, and fired him. How do I increase my number of ITS? Every week its just 2 or 4 of them...

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The thing is, I only have 2 ITS remaining....now what do I do....I used those ITS and made a new player with abysmal batting skills, and fired him. How do I increase my number of ITS? Every week its just 2 or 4 of them...
No, only use ITS when you have the full amount (35) and preferably before the season is two thirds over. Using a little ITS is just going to waste it and if you pull one too late in the season he'll be 18 before you know it and training slows down as a player gets older.

Not sure of your financial situation but try and get the most ITS you can and store it up. To increase the amount of ITS you can, open your 'club info' page (the page where you can hire and fire coaches and other staff) and increase the academy investment (it'll be a drop down menu at the bottom right of the page). Maximum investment will get you 5 ITS per week, IIRC, which costs 20k. Each individual ITS is 2,000 each.

shanebond

Cricket Spectator
No, only use ITS when you have the full amount (35) and preferably before the season is two thirds over. Using a little ITS is just going to waste it and if you pull one too late in the season he'll be 18 before you know it and training slows down as a player gets older.

Not sure of your financial situation but try and get the most ITS you can and store it up. To increase the amount of ITS you can, open your 'club info' page (the page where you can hire and fire coaches and other staff) and increase the academy investment (it'll be a drop down menu at the bottom right of the page). Maximum investment will get you 5 ITS per week, IIRC, which costs 20k. Each individual ITS is 2,000 each.
Right now I'm investing 4.000$ into my ITS....which would be 2 ITS per week.

Current Balance: £206,934
Projected balance at next Update: £220,153

Total Income: 72,489 Total Expenditure: 59,270
Projected Profit/Loss: 13,219

Total Income: 190,589 Total Expenditure: 56,020
Profit: 134,569

According ot this, how much should I spend into my ITS? Keep it 4000$ or more?

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 3 (2 runs). Caprica FC: 7-0, runrate=2.33
Overs left today: 107
Adri 2-1-2-0
Pratt* 1 (7 balls)
Makhosetive 6 (11 balls)

Provided he's playing his first XI, this should be a good match.

Got his 1/7, first wicket just fallen. Cmon boys!

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 21 (1 runs). Caprica FC: 59-2, runrate=2.81
Overs left today: 89
Fillery 2-0-2-1
Makhosetive* 33 (60 balls)
Kopano 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Allen c. Francois b. Fillery 24 (FOW: 59/2)

Fillery getting amongst the wickets.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Ended up getting them all out for 323, in the last over of the day.

Time to pile on a few, but will have to make the deccy at the perfect time if I'm going to have time to bowl them out again, and chase.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Sitting at 5/385 overnight on day 2. Going to head out tomorrow with a real aggressive intent, bash a few quick runs, hopefully knock them over and have time to chase.

shanebond

Cricket Spectator
Having a FC match with Ashburton CC, the first day has ended. ASH CC are the second strongest team in my FC league (I'm number one in it). They're doing very good and bashed my RF Bowler :wacko:

First Innings of: Ashburton CC : 110 overs, 410-7

Crockett (RF): 26 overs, 138 runs, no wicket....5.31 econ!!!

Porter and Nontshinga were the best....

Porter: 26 overs: 88 runs, 3 wickets

Nontshinga: 22 overs, 50 runs, 2 wickets

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 134 (Maiden). Killers CC: 456-10, runrate=3.40
Lead by 133 runs. (Caprica FC 323-10)
Overs left today: 86
Bolland 28-7-74-1
Francois* 94 (178 balls)

Unfortunate for Francois to be stranded on 94. Now we have to bowl them out as quickly as possible and get the runs. This would be a great win if I can get away with it.

shanebond

Cricket Spectator
End of Over 134 (Maiden). Killers CC: 456-10, runrate=3.40
Lead by 133 runs. (Caprica FC 323-10)
Overs left today: 86
Bolland 28-7-74-1
Francois* 94 (178 balls)

Unfortunate for Francois to be stranded on 94. Now we have to bowl them out as quickly as possible and get the runs. This would be a great win if I can get away with it.
The same thing has happened to two of my players...they were stranded on 90's while the tail enders dropped like flies.

Noble One

Won a fantastic 3Day game. Game has been very tight for three days, almost nothing between the two teams. Collapsed to 5/164 chasing 240 for victory, with only my rather mediocre all-rounder to face out the overs followed by a tail that is only capable of scraping out 10 runs at most. Held on to win by 5 wickets. New all-rounder justified his purchase with 35 runs, if he lost his wicket then game over.

Also sold my decent YP for 574K. Good price, considering he is from Zimbabwe probably stands a decent chance of making an international side at some stage in seasons to come given the lack of competition for places.

Jakester1288

International Regular
In a pretty bad spot bowling wise, as I splashed 700k on an allrounder to fill the no7 gap in my side.

Now I'm left with a bowling attack of:

Strong/Superb/Strong
Med/Resp/Comp
Strong/Quality/Superb (wrist spin)
Med/Prof/Resp (off spin)
Med/Prof/Comp (allrounder, off spin)

The med/resp/comp is 18, was in training but stopped for some reason. He was coming along a tad too slowly for my liking, and I had to free up nets IIRC.

So, the question is, should I sell a real good player (eg Fillery, the strong/qual/sup) in order to get a couple of mil, and buy a couple of strong-superbs, or save, while still training Adri and Fillery, and purchase a strong when I've built up the money?

shanebond

Cricket Spectator
Oh man what a comeback my team had today....

The opposing team was crashed by my bowlers on day 2...they were 410-7 but 3 quick wickets reduced them to 417.

Now here's the thing, I lost an early wicket but the huge 2nd wicket partnership saved me. Then, the wickets started chopping like flies at one stage from 277-2 to 334-6 :-O

Then, my only remaining batsman and a tailender came in and put on a firecracker partenrship of 134 not out. My batsman is at 99 from 84 balls right now and tailender 43 off 69. The score for the team is 468-6 is 99 overs at day 2's ending. Lead by 51 runs with 4 wickets still in hand.

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 22: 147-0, runrate=6.68
Wilks 6-0-42-0
Nontshinga* 85 (75 balls)
Reaboka 57 (57 balls)

Second XI v a team far better than me.

His players have poor fitness, I think he just plays his first XI every game, as he didn't reply to my BT mail I sent him.

If I play him later in the season, I reckon I'm a good chance of beating him if his players are low on fitness.