• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lost my Twenty20 game on the last ball after having a batsman bowl 4 overs due to a line-up reshuffle. On the other hand, tied my FTP game with a 3 off the last ball.

An exciting days cricket had by all, join us again tomorrow.

shanebond

Cricket Spectator
battrick

i need help guys

My squad is doing good n all against the bots but I think some players just aren't doing good, and i just don't get the process of how to make my players get to a higher level than abysmal or woeful and so on....

Anyways, here are my players, tell me which ones I should train and keep....

Lawrence Alexis - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,121, Wage=£546
A defensive LH batsman and a steady LFM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: mediocre

Wicket Keeping: mediocre

Batting: mediocre

Concentration: mediocre

Bowling: abysmal

Consistency: mediocre

Fielding: feeble

Ashley Brooks - 30 yo, BT Rating=4,512, Wage=£434
An attacking RH batsman and a steady RM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and feeble experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, strong bowling form and fresh fitness.

Wicket Keeping: worthless

Batting: abysmal

Concentration: woeful

Bowling: mediocre

Fielding: feeble

Gerry Carson - 30 yo, BT Rating=4,425, Wage=£518
A steady RH batsman and a steady RM bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and feeble experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, feeble bowling form and sublime fitness.

Wicket Keeping: mediocre

Consistency: woeful

Fielding: abysmal

Ryan Crockett - 30 yo, BT Rating=3,856, Wage=£426
A defensive RH batsman and a steady RF bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and competent experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, strong bowling form and moderate fitness.

Rod De bruyn - 25 yo, BT Rating=2,765, Wage=£622
An attacking LH batsman and a steady LFM bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has competent batting form, mediocre bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: woeful

Batting: competent

Fielding: woeful

Vic Dixon - 30 yo, BT Rating=6,031, Wage=£706
A destructive LH batsman and a steady LH finger spin bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, competent bowling form and energetic fitness.

Wicket Keeping: competent

Jamie Holmes - 27 yo, BT Rating=2,392, Wage=£298 A destructive RH batsman and a steady RM bowler. He has mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, respectable bowling form and energetic fitness.

Stamina: woeful

Batting: feeble

Consistency: feeble

Fielding: mediocre

Kieren Mellor - 20 yo, BT Rating=2,987, Wage=£388 A steady LH batsman and a cautious LH finger spin bowler. He has woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience. He favours Slow Pitches but has no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Wicket Keeping: abysmal

Steven Mentz - 30 yo, BT Rating=4,792, Wage=£463 A destructive RH batsman and a steady RH finger spin bowler. He has worthless leadership skills and mediocre experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, feeble bowling form and energetic fitness.

Wicket Keeping: feeble

Fielding: mediocre

Eddie Nontshinga - 30 yo, BT Rating=4,806, Wage=£451 A defensive RH batsman and a steady RFM bowler. He has strong leadership skills and competent experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has feeble batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.

Concentration: competent

Lloyd Porter - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,498, Wage=£476 A cautious RH batsman and a steady RM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has proficient batting form, respectable bowling form and moderate fitness.

Wicket Keeping: abysmal

Batting: worthless

Concentration: abysmal

Fielding: competent

Mark Read - 24 yo, BT Rating=3,129, Wage=£337 A destructive RH batsman and a steady RM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and feeble experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, strong bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: feeble

Fielding: competent

Mathew Selwood - 30 yo, BT Rating=3,799, Wage=£425 A destructive RH batsman and a steady RFM bowler. He has competent leadership skills and woeful experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, respectable bowling form and moderate fitness.

Rory Wilkinson - 30 yo, BT Rating=8,414, Wage=£572 An attacking RH batsman and a steady RFM bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.

Wicket Keeping: feeble

Fielding: respectable

Last edited:

Jakester1288

International Regular
Put them in the nets. Don't train anyone older than 18 to start. Pull a bowler and a batsmen I'd say, and put them on 2 bat (or bowl for a bowler) and 1 stam. Change the stam to a fielding when he reaches strong/superb.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Should have a good game today, taking on a reasonably similar opponent.

End of Over 4: 22-0, runrate=5.50
Manchester 2-0-9-0
Hughes* 11 (16 balls)
Spillane 10 (8 balls)

Aiming for 260-280 odd.

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 9: 53-1, runrate=5.89
Nel 5-0-29-0
Hughes* 27 (32 balls)
Francois 9 (8 balls)

Last Wicket: Spillane b. Manchester 16 (FOW: 36/1)

Keeper Francois coming in at 3. First trial of this, he's not great, but my number 3 picked up a trait of preferring spinners, so letting him come in at 6.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Ah ****. Set my orders for this a couple of weeks ago, and am playing 5 bowlers instead of an allrounder (that I bought a few days ago) and 4 owlers. Batting a bit weaker than it as to be in this match.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
End of Over 19: 138-0, runrate=7.26
Penford 3-0-24-0
Donald* 67 (64 balls)
Carey 69 (50 balls)

Looking set for a very big score. Carey finally scoring some decent runs, he has underperformed thus far in his career (18 YO trainee) given the majority of games he plays are against weaker opposition.

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 31: 174-2, runrate=5.61
Sibusiso 9-0-54-0
Vidale* 38 (31 balls)
Francois 69 (77 balls)

Last Wicket: Hughes Run Out 43 (FOW: 99/2)

Their terrible bowlers are on, and my best bat (Vidale) is set up to put them to all parts. Big score on here for him.

Also, Francois doing his job perfectly.

End of Over 19: 138-0, runrate=7.26
Penford 3-0-24-0
Donald* 67 (64 balls)
Carey 69 (50 balls)

Looking set for a very big score. Carey finally scoring some decent runs, he has underperformed thus far in his career (18 YO trainee) given the majority of games he plays are against weaker opposition.
Pounding them. How are their bowlers?

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Hey, I am at school at the moment and Battrick is blocked. I would like to know the score of my OD game at the moment and it would be great if one of you guys could post the score ASAP.

Team name - Speedzsterzz or my username is Kylez.

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of Over 14: 74-3, runrate=5.29, reqrunrate=2.75 (172-10)
Liddel 3-0-12-1
Nolan* 19 (32 balls)
Hayad 3 (5 balls)

Last Wicket: Chaudhry c. Newton b. Liddel 32 (FOW: 68/3)

shanebond

Cricket Spectator
Put them in the nets. Don't train anyone older than 18 to start. Pull a bowler and a batsmen I'd say, and put them on 2 bat (or bowl for a bowler) and 1 stam. Change the stam to a fielding when he reaches strong/superb.
I put some of my players in nets, but none of them have leveled up from abysmal to woeful or woeful to feeble and so on.....it says sessions set succesfully all the time but I don't know what that means....

Last Training SessionDate: 22/05/2010

Name: Gerry Carson
Fielding: 1 net

Name: Ryan Crockett
Bowling: 2 nets

Name: Rod De bruyn
Stamina: 1 net

Name: Vic Dixon
Keeping: 1 net

Name: Jamie Holmes
Batting: 1 net
Stamina: 1 net