Cricket Player Manager
Page 102 of 164 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2451

Thread: Battrick

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Using ITS at this stage would be stupidity at its finest anyway for mine.]
    Pretty sure it isn't tbh.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Haha Nafe. God forbid someone plays the game differently to the way every single douchebag on that site does. "Wow u train from feeble? LOL Y U EVEN BOTHE RJUS QYUIT LOLOLOLO"

Get over yourself.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    For really? When you have the $$$ that Clapo has, how would an ITS trainee be worthwhile?
    Jesus saves

member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

Because he can do whatever he likes? You don't have to play the game the same way as everyone else. Long term he'll still have a good player in his side for many seasons to come, in reality all he does is lose 4 weeks of training. But naw, U NEEDZ U-19Z SKILS

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Ah, alright. I thought it would be a larger gap than four weeks. Considering Clapo's concern for want of an all-rounder, I assumed purchasing one would be the only choice. But my limited knowledge of the YA/ITS has shown up again. (Y)

How long does it take to level up Stamina with 2 fitness nets again? I'm thinking 4?

Plays For: the willow wielders
    Nationality: Australia
    Battrick Rating: 6,534
    Wages: 1,363 p/w
    Processing ...
    Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
    Batting: competent Concentration: woeful
    Bowling: respectable Consistency: woeful
    Fielding: mediocre

Thoughts? Main problem being that with both stamina and conc/cons low, would take a bit longer for him to be of use....but seeing as it's a long-term thing aynway i guess it doesn't matter in the greater scheme of things
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

6 weeks with one, 4 weeks with two.

Are the players I mentioned not better prospects? Or have they become unaffordable?
    Last edited by Nate; 19-10-2009 at 08:28 PM.

Think most of them finished when I was going to be away/asleep etc, and I'm more looking for a 17y/o than 18/19. Thanks though

This guy is actually the one i'm probs most keen on. At least has a decent start with all but consistency. If i can give him 2 bowl, 1 field, 1 wk to start with (have another couple weeks left with one of my other bowlers, it should be ok)

For those who can remember (i can't) how long would it take cons to pop with those nets?

Garwood
    the other option (probs better option, but i cbf getting up at 5
    Last edited by Johnners; 19-10-2009 at 11:10 PM.

School Boy/Girl Captain tait express123's Avatar
    Can you check mine and jakes game for me usernames is Kurt for me and Jakester1288 for jake.

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    clapo. i wouldn't worry too much about the concentration. it will catch up given time. grady allison started out a respectable/woeful bowler iirc. he is now wonderful/exceptional.

that 18yo with proficient bowling, and respectable looked okay to me. i'd have just given him 1 bat, 1 bowl, 1 stam and 1 fielding net. whilst progress is slow. it will pay off
    "Matt Damon"

Ended up getting this Bloke. Paid 1.8m, which is probably a bit excessive, but anyway, he's what I want/need. I've got 5 nets for him for now, 2 bat, 2 bowl and 1 field. Will rotate a WK one in there for a season or 2 when one of the other nets free up just to accelerate his conc/const.

Barry Garwood (2674666) shortcut

Barry is a LH Batsman and LFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience.

He currently has strong batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
    Plays For: Opening Balance
    Nationality: New Zealand
    Battrick Rating: 6,933 (+684)
    Wages: 1,043 p/w
    Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
    Batting: competent Concentration: abysmal
    Bowling: proficient Consistency: woeful
    Fielding: abysmal

Good buy Clapo.

Would get him a stamina net before any other, young all-rounders need superb as quick as possible. Would give him one bowling net and make the other a stam net until it's superb.

If I'm not playing him for this season, and probably won't until late next season, wouldn't I be better off with the 2 bowling nets now whilst he's 17, and giving him the stamina net (as opposed to the WK net) closer to the end of this season when the 6th net will come free?

What would be the benefit of giving him the stamina net now (genuine quesiton)?

I'm pretty sure players' stamina is trained at an equal rate, regardless of age. So I'm assuming Man Smitteh was presuming you'd want him playing soonish.

Thread Information