• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
End of Over 15: 24-10, runrate=1.60
Holt 8-2-16-3
Forrest* 10 (30 balls)

Lambert took a Central Districts record of 7/3, beating the previous best of 7/15 from Hodgey.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And that's the end of the match. Opening Balance won by 10 wickets.
Deckers dominators 20-10
Opening Balance 23-0

15 overs (H)

Hamlin & NIghtingale took 4 & 5 respectively, the other wicket being a runout.

andyc

Just noticed this pop:

Bryan Hamilton - 18 yo, BT Rating=17,330
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, worthless batting form, feeble bowling form, energetic fitness.
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: superb Consistency: competent
Fielding: competent

HeathDavisSpeed

11. Bryan Bond - 21 yo, BT Rating=66,201
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: remarkable Concentration: proficient
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: superb
Fielding: competent

Get back to me when you get some secondaries, Bondy.
Following on from this, does anyone have any ideas on how I could boost his secondaries more quickly than his primaries?

PY

International Coach
Even at 21? That's not too shabby. Will have to consider my net usage as I don't have any spare at the moment, but his secondaries really are quite poor.
Probably worth it as he's an all-rounder so you'll be getting double the value for 2 lots of secondary pops.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Bought this mutant for under 15m:

Alan Hitchen - 25 yo, BT Rating=254,169
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, woeful bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and quality experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: miraculous Concentration: elite
Bowling: miraculous Consistency: elite
Fielding: remarkable

Wages a mere 189k. (y) Saw a near-identical player with higher wages go for 21m recently though.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Bought this mutant for under 15m:

Alan Hitchen - 25 yo, BT Rating=254,169
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, woeful bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and quality experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: miraculous Concentration: elite
Bowling: miraculous Consistency: elite
Fielding: remarkable

Wages a mere 189k. (y) Saw a near-identical player with higher wages go for 21m recently though.
Puts your wage bill up near 700k? Not a bad effort.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, just under. Got enough cash to survive though. With Watkins and Whitehorne both nearing 30 I'll be forced to have an end of season sale, so this will probably be my last proper season.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Suffered my first ever skill drop this week -- Hayward, a 33yo, dropped a level in stamina.

All my first season stalwarts are 28+...I've got a hell of a lot of rebuilding to do over the next few seasons!

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
End of Over 39 (2 runs). Delsquidlys: 138-4, runrate=3.54 (1st Inn: 185-10)
Trail by 78 runs. (Central Districts 401-7 dec)
Holt 11-2-32-0
Whiting* 1 (5 balls)
Ottley 21 (25 balls)
Last Wicket: Yarwood c & b. Lambert 37 (FOW: 136/4)

Getting there. With over 25 overs left I'm hoping for a win today.

nibbs

International Captain
Even at 21? That's not too shabby. Will have to consider my net usage as I don't have any spare at the moment, but his secondaries really are quite poor.
have you got any players 18 or older, receiving 2 or more primary nets? if so cut them back to one, ffs

HeathDavisSpeed

have you got any players 18 or older, receiving 2 or more primary nets? if so cut them back to one, ffs
I've allocated them all to Grady Allison.

Nah - I've only got 2 17 year olds on 2 primary nets - otherwise they're shared around. Serious problem with stamina on some of my better players at the moment which I'm trying to solve.

Might give Bondy the Fielding & Wicket Keeping nets as these nets improve both secondaries whilst batting only improves concentration and bowling improves consistency?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
If by that you mean his nets would be just 1xfield and 1xWK with no primary nets, then his secondaries will pop at just the same speed as they would if he had 1xbat and 1xbowl.