• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup (Season 11)

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
I'll run it if no-one else wants to? Or I'm happy to be part of a management possy, or to assist a more able candidate. But, if we want a group stage, we'd better get it on in the next week or so, otherwise we'll just have to have a straight, FA Cup-style, knock-out comp.

In the power vacuum, register your interest here, and I'll try and BT mail as many of the usual suspects from previous Cups.

Later, Trev

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm in but I cbf organising.

EDIT: I'm still in the Cup and could possibly be next week (though not looking too likely).

Last edited:

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Cup, schmup. Bring it on!

I'll almost certainly do really badly yet again, as I need every ounce of PFL for FC and OD seasons that both look likely to go down to the wire. Again.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Right, I'm not in the office tomorrow, but I have/will BTmailed forty sides, so we should have enough for eight groups of four.

I've told people to register an interest by Friday, but that's not really hard and fast, and we can take later entries if there's still space. I'll have a think about what to do with people still in the Cup, if there's any who want to play.

And if you have any stonking Bat Stat rankings to post, then get them up by Monday, as I'll use them as a basis to determine groups - Though, like Wimbledon, I reserve the right to alter seedings according to past CW Cup performances.

Later, trev

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Okay, so far, from a mixture of what's been posted on here and Btmails to me, we have:

1. Cymru Gurgitaters
2. Four Pillars and Poor Fillers
3. Tawonga Tigers
4. Central Districts
5. Magical Ponies
6. Withington Wonderers
7. Kipper XI
8. Jaffna Jets
9. Victoria Panthers
10. 'Speersy'? (What's your team name mate?)
11. Best Indies
12. Lancashire
13. Connells Estates CC

If you want to sign up, or you've already expressed an interest and I've missed you off, then just tag your name on the end of the list.

With Adam, Pete and Rob yet to sign up, it could be a wide-open competition.

Later, Trev

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Cymru Gurgitaters
2. Four Pillars and Poor Fillers
3. Tawonga Tigers
4. Central Districts
5. Magical Ponies
6. Withington Wonderers
7. Kipper XI
8. Jaffna Jets
9. Victoria Panthers
10. 'Speersy'? (What's your team name mate?)
11. Best Indies
12. Lancashire
13. Connells Estates CC
14. Swamibapa Leeds CC