• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup (Season 11)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Watkins picking up the pace, finally. Should get 250 as long as Ali doesn't take too much of the strike.

End of Over 30: 130-2, runrate=4.33
Hirst 10-2-60-1
Watkins* 46 (40 balls)
Ali 39 (78 balls)
Last Wicket: Ashton c. Fish b. Brooker 32 (FOW: 52/2)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Damn you, Watkins!

274 is just too much to chase against an elite/elite attack, esp. with Sandwith going for just 4 runs. My previous best against Adam is 184/10.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Well, the lads kept up with the rate, but just couldn't keep their wickets intact.

Asterix XI 274-6
Withington Wonderers 171-10

Arse. Another year, another season, another early exit from the CW Cup :(

Ratings 176 for me, 255 for him, IIRC. Crushing.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Not quite as easy as your first post displayed by implied expectation.
Hmm, considering I was smashing you at that time, and I deliberately said "at the moment", I'm not sure what the hell your point is. I never expected an easy game, in fact, with my PFL issues I didn't expect to make much more than 200 really. Shame your good bowler could only get **** batsman out, eh.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm, considering I was smashing you at that time, and I deliberately said "at the moment", I'm not sure what the hell your point is. I never expected an easy game, in fact, with my PFL issues I didn't expect to make much more than 200 really. Shame your good bowler could only get **** batsman out, eh.
Jeez. You don't 'arf take offence at nothing, pal.

I was pointing out that the 'best team won', yet you manage to read between the lines and take some insult from it. Well, that's just bloody pointless isn't it.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You're the one who posted a snide remark in relation to a statement which was perfectly reasonable at the time, not me.
Perfectly reasonable to you maybe. The erroneous apostrophe makes it wholly unacceptable, mind.

Anyway, by 'implied expectation' I didn't actually mean that you meant to be slating my team, just that by implication the same occurs.

You are reading far too much into something which isn't there. The only time I recall making a snide remark was after nibbs said that it was pointless even turning out to play my team and I only lost by a considerably smaller margin than that would suggest. I certainly wasn't subtle that time.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
REPECHAGE RESULTS

Withington Wonderers lost to Asterix XI by 103 runs

Asterix XI 274/6: Watkins 120* (102), Ali 46 (85), Ashton 32 (37): Buckley 2/44
Withington Wonderers 171 (38.5): Reed 63 (88), Fish 60 (74): Lancaster 5/36 (9.2), Gradley 2/41 (9)

Connells Estates CC lost to Central Districts by 42 Runs

Central Districts 270 (48.5): Keane 107 (101), Dylan 92 )118), Campbell 34 (31): Ireland 5/53 (9.5), Bond 3/42 (9), Batty 2/71
Connells Estates CC 228 (46.5): Huddlestone 56 (80), Bond 39 (34), Candappa 31 (45): Holt 4/48 (8.5), Shaka 3/45, Lambert 2/26 (8)

Dalmeny Cricket Club lost to Anchormen by 77 runs

Anchormen 301 (47): Shaw 131 (123), Bhutia 101 (81): Unsworth 4/49 (9), Lovegrove 2/38 (8), Schofield 2/73
Dalmeny Cricket Club 224 (46.3): Fanyana 87 (93), Schofield 60 (103), Wight 42* (39): Mullis 4/40 (8.3), Appleyard 3/49 (8), Mulholland 2/49

QUARTER FINAL DRAW

Boggles V Anchormen
Jaffna Jets V Magical Ponies
Four Pillars and Poor Fillers V central Districts
Alternative XI V Asterix XI

Sorry Alters, I can assure you the draw was entirely fair and random! - Look on the bright side though, at least you've got a future as a Psychic!

If anyone can see past Adam for the title, then I'd say the only other possible winners play each other in the Boggles/Anchormen quarter - Which I think Pete will edge. Adam's bowling is apocalyptically scary, but in comparative terms at least, I don't think his batting is as all-conquering as once it was. From the bits of the match I saw yesterday, Asterix didn't bat like an Esq/Esq line-up. I thought a H+F was a smart move on Mahindinho's part, though what little chance he had of victory was scuppered by the cloudy and humid weather. However, in an Asterix/Anchormen final, with the bowlers blunted by a H+F, Shaw/Bhutia/Gray might just be enough to get Rob over the line in a slog-fest - (Having said that, it could also get extremely ugly if Rob were to lose early wickets!) Yet all that could be academic, because, as above, I tip boggles to sneak past Anchormen, which would probably for the good of continued interest in the Cup.

In the other two matches, I'll go for Jaffna and Four Pillars by narrow margins, owing to the Jeithoon factor and Smith's crud middle order respectively.

Later, Trev

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Adam's bowling is apocalyptically scary, but in comparative terms at least, I don't think his batting is as all-conquering as once it was. From the bits of the match I saw yesterday, Asterix didn't bat like an Esq/Esq line-up. I thought a H+F was a smart move on Mahindinho's part, though what little chance he had of victory was scuppered by the cloudy and humid weather.
I had most of my bowlers set pretty defensively, as I didn't think I was going to bowl him out. Sandwith's abject failure really scuppered me -- Mulryne, Reed and Fish did their jobs, but my senior batsman has had a very poor season by his exquisite standards.

I'll return next season with three exceptional+ batsmen and two wonderfuls. That should halt the collapses, at least.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
How did i know that. First time making the quarters, so pertty happy with that.

Now f00lins, just hoping that he just doesn't accept my challenge. :laugh:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
If anyone can see past Adam for the title, then I'd say the only other possible winners play each other in the Boggles/Anchormen quarter - Which I think Pete will edge. Adam's bowling is apocalyptically scary, but in comparative terms at least, I don't think his batting is as all-conquering as once it was. From the bits of the match I saw yesterday, Asterix didn't bat like an Esq/Esq line-up. I thought a H+F was a smart move on Mahindinho's part, though what little chance he had of victory was scuppered by the cloudy and humid weather. However, in an Asterix/Anchormen final, with the bowlers blunted by a H+F, Shaw/Bhutia/Gray might just be enough to get Rob over the line in a slog-fest - (Having said that, it could also get extremely ugly if Rob were to lose early wickets!) Yet all that could be academic, because, as above, I tip boggles to sneak past Anchormen, which would probably for the good of continued interest in the Cup.
My batting lineup is ridiculously long, but that doesn't count for much in BT. Have listed Ali, hopefully will have either a gun batsman or another allrounder within a week or two. Wouldn't be particularly surprised to get knocked out in the semis or whatever, have had greater upsets this season.

Anyway, quite enjoyed the match against Mahindinho, first one I've actually watched in a while. Looked a bit grim before Watkins cut loose around the 30 over mark.

Mahindinho said:
I'll return next season with three exceptional+ batsmen and two wonderfuls. That should halt the collapses, at least.
Good luck with that. Been trying to 'halt the collapses' for 10 seasons, yet to find anything that works.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
QUARTER FINAL DRAW

Boggles V Anchormen
Alternative XI V Asterix XI
Hahaha damn... you've got these fixtures:

Then Pete and I have to play each other. Pfft. Easy roads to the final are no fun.

Just challenged Pete. I don't think I am going to win this one. Maybe if I had full PFL, but I am really struggling at the moment, especially bowling wise-

Mulholland (lively)
Mullis (lively)
Mcmillan (invigorated)
Dyke (moderate)
Appleyard (fresh)

:(

Last edited: