• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup (Season 11)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Hmm, Nibbs isn't in this either? Include them both... I'm sure the only reason they haven't posted yet is because they haven't been able to get on the net. Definitely wouldn't be right without them.

Although... nibbs has recently sold all his good players, so he won't be setting the cup on fire in any case.
f00lins is on BT often, was on last night tbh. He probably just doesn't care, he was talking about quitting after he got rooted out of the OD title last season.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Okay,
I take it there are no major objections.

So the plan is this:

5 groups of four teams.

Group winners qualify automatically for the quarter finals.

The four best second-place sides play a knock-out repechage week against Smith, Nooga, Adam or Nibbs for a place in the quarter finals.

All knock-out rounds to be organised via ramdom draw.

I've realised I've got to tweek my bonus point rule slightly too:

1 bonus point if you score 280 batting first, or average an equivalent run rate batting second, (i.e 5.60)

1 bonus point for bowling out your opponents for less than two hundred, or restricting them to less than two hundred in a completed innings. (i.e, you don't get a bonus point if your opponents were chasing less than 200 in the first place)

1 losing bonus point if the margin of defeat is less than or equal to fifty runs or five wickets.

Back shortly with the group draw...Trev

Oh ****! I've realised that my plan gives me nine quarter finalists! So only three second-places get in the repechage, against Smith, Nooga, and whoever gets in faster out of Adam and Nibbs

Last edited:

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Group A.
Anchormen
Cymru Gurgitaters
Alternative XI
The Pontif's Xi

Group B.
Boggles
Beard XI
Kipper XI
Oz Fans XI

Group C.
Four Pillars and Poor Fillers
Lancashire
Victoria Panthers
The Roosters

Group D.
Withington Wonderers
Jaffna Jets
Got Spin
Swamibapa Leeds CC

Group E.
Magical Ponies
Connells Estates CC
Tawonga Tigers
Best Indies

Group D looks to be the group of death, with the cream of each pot, save for Withington who were second. Group A should also be a good tussle.

I'll do my upmost to post the fixtures for each week, but in the unlikely event that I can't (I'm thinking of last Christmas when my wife kicked me out and I got arrested!), the format is:
WK1. A/D, B/C
WK2. C/A D/B
WK3. A/B, C/D

WEEK ONE FIXTURES:

Group A.
Anchorman V The Pontif's XI
Cymru Gurgitaters V Alternative XI

Group B.
Boggles V Oz Fans XI
Beard XI V Kipper XI

Group C.
Four Pillars and Poor Fillers V The Roosters
Lancashire V Victoria Panthers

Group D.
Withington Wonderers V Swamibapa Leeds CC
Jaffna Jets V Got Spin

Group E.
Magical Ponies V Best Indies
Connells Estates CC V Tawonga Tigers

Home Side to challenge by 10:30 Friday, UK time, that's pretty much by the end of the OD matches Aus/SL/Ind and the start of the OD matches Eng - That way I have Friday to adjudicate complaints. Get in touch on here or Btmail if you're having any problems, and I'll do my best to help. In the event of a Walk-over winning team will get six points plus NRR+2.00, losing side will have NRR-2.00.

Later, Trev

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Group D.
Withington Wonderers
Jaffna Jets
Got Spin
Swamibapa Leeds CC

Group D looks to be the group of death, with the cream of each pot, save for Withington who were second.
You utter bar-steward!

So now I'll probably finish second and play off against Asterix. Grrrrrr!

On a more serious note, I propose that the three higher seeds in Group C have a gentlemen's agreement not to play their top 3 or 4 BTR players against Roosters.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
You utter bar-steward!

So now I'll probably finish second and play off against Asterix. Grrrrrr!

On a more serious note, I propose that the three higher seeds in Group C have a gentlemen's agreement not to play their top 3 or 4 BTR players against Roosters.
Group D.
Withington Wonderers
Jaffna Jets
Got Spin
Swamibapa Leeds CC

Group D looks to be the group of death, with the cream of each pot, save for Withington who were second. Group A should also be a good tussle.

Group D.
Withington Wonderers V Swamibapa Leeds CC
Jaffna Jets V Got Spin

Later, Trev
Looks like another awful cup campaign.
:cry:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, solid group. It's good to see that it's not just the same teams that are the "good" teams this time round.

Challenged Pontif's XI.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Second season in a row I've made it to Round 10 of the Cup.Though this time around I actually have a chance of a victory, as opposed to last season when I drew Newcastle Knights in r10.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I am so **** in the Cup, because I always try and put the minimum required strength team out and as happens have an off day and bow out in like the 4th or 5th round. Kills me financially but it means my PFL stays nice.

And how the **** did you beat Shire Boys??? Serves him right for stacking his middle order IMO... way to initiate your own collapse.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
And how the **** did you beat Shire Boys??? Serves him right for stacking his middle order IMO... way to initiate your own collapse.
Yeah got lucky, expected to take 2 or 3 poles off him, 5 and I would've been happy. It's always good to see your defensive seamer run through a batting lineup. Extremely lucky considering I'm still sitting on 9.5m waiting for an attacking or destructive bowler who is <24 to complete my bowling lineup. Have had my eye on plenty then some ****** comes in and bidding wars them up over 10m. "Don't care if I'm overpaying by 2m, screw youuuuuuuuuuuuuu". Hate the market, always get under market value for my players but have to play way over market value for them (except Coburn, lol).

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah the market is gay. I could've had Dyke for 9m until 2 minutes before the deadline some **** in Div 4 comes and bids me up to 11m. And I only get 9m for Ralph...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
And **** me, Apted went for less than 10m and an exquisite-superb with woeful stam goes for 10.3, what is wrong with people?!

Strangest day ever, that one. I was freaking out that he was going to stay under 9.5m while I had a 9m on an exceptional-wonderful (who was promptly bidded up to 10.5, ****ing ****s).

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:(

Was away with no computer access from last Wednesday and missed out, any chance of slotting in somewhere?

Team Name: Opening Balance
BT Rating : 151

(If that makes any difference)

Last edited:

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
There are one or two ways we "may" be able to squeeze you in Clapo.

A. You could come in at the Repechage stage if Adam/Nibbs decide not to take up the spot allocated for one of them.

B, I noticed this morning that The Roosters have already organised a fixture for this weekend, so they'll already be defaulting a match against Dwyer on Sunday. If the others in that group have no objections, (bearing in mind Clapo is massively stronger than the side he'd be replacing), you could take The Roosters' place in Group C.

I'd put a place aside for The Roosters in The Plate comp, which is probably better for them in any case.

Thoughts? Trev

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seeing as The Roosters (who I assume is jakester?) alread have a match organised, I'll challenge Dwyer, that way it can still work either way :)

Thanks Trev

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Andruid challenged. A quick acceptance would be muchly appreciated, as I'm off on holiday from Thursday to Tuesday.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah sorry, haven't really been around this season. Happy to play, but if there's a shortage of places available it's not fair that Clapho should miss out.