• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup (Season 11)

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
SEMI FINAL RESULTS

Anchormen lost to Central Districts by 8 WKTS

Anchormen 242/3: Shaw 71 (110), Gray 66 (91), Bhutia 64* (56) McMillan 29* (23): Hyde 2/45, Shaka 1/37
Central Districts 244/2 (43.3): Keane 128* (130), Dylan 97 (115): Dyke 1/44

Rob was clearly hampered by the rigor mortis-like PFL of his bowlers, although the seeds of this defeat were sown by the inability of his top order to break the shackles of Smith's miserly attack - Only Holt (0/66) taking the sort of punishment which Rob needed to hand out if he was going to post a winning score. Kean and Dylan, as they have against HDS and Dwyer, made the eventual margin of defeat look comfortable, though in actual fact one more wicket would probably have done it for Rob.

Jaffna Jets lost to Asterix XI by 5 Runs

Asterix XI 190/7: Watkins 81* (107), Steyn 39 (61), Whitehorne 21 (47), Whybrew 19* (29): Sishayi 2/30, Muralitharan 2/40, Willetts 2/41, Jeithoon 1/24
Jaffna Jets 185 (48.0): Muralitharan 93* (111), Quintin 61 (120), Hilton 20 (19): Dissanayake 4/31 (9), Gradley 2/29, Lancaster 2/45, Whitehorne 2/50 (9)

Adam's TIE ****iness so nearly cost him a place in the final, but, despite plenty of squeaky-bum moments along the way, class did eventually out. Once again it's obvious, and indeed correct, to credit his Galactico bowling attack with pulling him out of the fire. However, whilst it was his stuttering batting which landed him in the mess in the first place, his batting depth, if not quality, was probably the difference in the end. Indeed, if Chaminda's Feeb tail had been able to bat out their overs, as had Adam's Prof tail, then he would undoubtedly have won. A truly lion-hearted performance from Jaffna, (probably all the more satisfying for Chaminda because it didn't all revolve around Jeithoon(. Without question the match of the Cup, but, as is reflected in the reporter's summary, Adam just about had too much class in all areas.

FINAL DRAW.

Central Districts V Asterix XI (Although you're more than welcome to flip it if it suits both of you better for money or ease of viewing etc)

So we arrive at CW's blue-riband event, with Adam still on course for an unprecedented 5th CW Cup, (Mind you, so were the 3rd and 4th!), and Smith becoming the latest in a recently growing line of young scamps to have a tilt at the title. Whilst I think Smith is better equipped to take on Adam than were Dwyer and Dead Badger before him, it's still a massive task which awaits. Central Districts have, in their previous two matches, shown themselves adept at squeezing the life out of opponents' run-rate, even when they're struggling to find wickets. That, combined with the fact that Adam's batsmen are yet to fully hit their straps, probably provide Smith with his best shot at victory. Yet I firmly believe that if Central Districts are to win, then they will need to restrict Asterix to a score even lower than that which they managed against Jaffna, because if Adam's bowlers get a sniff of Smith's middle order,…Man it could be proper car-crash!

My prediction, Adam by 4/5 wickets or 50/60 runs.

Best of luck to both of you, Trev

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Going to be there on the boundaries edge, sledging both sides plenty, but smittehs side slightly less, so go CD (y)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Could lose. Have only won two of my last seven matches. Reckon your best chance would be on a flat pitch though, hope your batsmen do well and mine score slowly enough to lose, like my match on Friday (256/10 v 252/4).

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
1.3 W Gradley to Dylan
Great delivery from Gradley, Dylan has a dash at it and finds the edge. Dropped at first slip! No! Yes! No! Lancaster looked to have spilled the catch, but his quick reflexes allowed him to recover and he gobbled up the crumbs after some fumbles. Out!

2.2 W Lancaster to Keane
And that's Keane gone! Fine ball from Lancaster, the ball nibbling back off the seam and finding the gap between bat and pad.

Good game, f00lins.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.

Meanwhile, imagine we will need BT20 and OD friendlies to keep the money coming in. Anyone keen?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
It quite clear who the 2nd best side in CW is. Once I start cracking 200 in BTRs, I've have the ratings to back it up.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Weird match. Would've been interesting had you bowled first or if I hadn't bought Midworth last week.

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Congrats Adam, and well done Smith, you gave it at least as convincing a stab as any of the recent finalists.

Before we close this thread, let's see if we can't get some white smoke coming out of the chimney, with a Cup Organiser for next season? Ideally I'd like someone to take it off my hands - I'd say I'd do it if no-one else came forward - But that could be a total lie as far as I know, as I have no idea what job I'm going to be in next season.

Good Cup Lads, when I'm back in the office I'll try and update Nibbs' table to include this year's results. At home ATM, and the computer's about as much use as Smith's middle order! (though some of the keys stick for longer than his batsmen:-))

later, Trev

nibbs

International Captain
Code:
    [B]     Winner                Runner up          Semi Finalists[/B]
Cup I    Boggles               Whenuapai CC       Anchormen, Scaly Piscine
Cup II   Whenuapai CC          Asterix XI         Anchormen, Boggles
Cup III  Asterix XI            Scaly Piscine CC   Whenuapai CC, Citizens Erased
Cup IV   Withington Wonderers  Whenuapai CC       Scaly Piscine, College Dropouts
Cup V    Whenuapai CC          Scaly Piscine CC   Asterix XI, Anchormen
Cup VI   Asterix XI            Scaly Piscine CC   Withington Wonderers, Cymru Gurgitaters
Cup VII  Scaly Piscine CC      Jaffna Jets        Jamees 999ers, Magical Ponies
Cup VIII Asterix XI            Four Pillars       Dynamo Morpork, Magical Ponies
Cup IX   Asterix XI            Beard XI           Central Districts, Four Pillars
Cup X    Asterix XI            Central Districts  Anchormen, Jaffna Jets
Code:
                [B]      W  RU SF QF[/B]
Asterix XI            5  1  1  2
Whenuapai CC          2  2  1  2
Scaly Piscine         1  3  2  0
Withington Wonderers  1  0  1  2
Boggles               1  0  1  2
Four Pillars & Poor   0  1  1  2
Central Districts     0  1  1  1
Jaffna Jets           0  1  1  0
Beard XI              0  1  0  0
Anchormen             0  0  4  1
Magical Ponies        0  0  2  1
College Dropouts      0  0  1  4
Cymru Gurgitaters     0  0  1  2
Jamees 999ers         0  0  1  2
Citizens Erased       0  0  1  2
Dynamo Morpork        0  0  1  1
VCC                   0  0  0  3
Dalmeny CC            0  0  0  2
AA for President      0  0  0  2
Bushpigs              0  0  0  2
Lancashire            0  0  0  2
Vindscreen Vipers     0  0  0  1
Viveash               0  0  0  1
Got Spin              0  0  0  1
Pup                   0  0  0  1
Alternative XI        0  0  0  1

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I am interested in running the BT Cup. Earlier I was thinking maybe a few people could run it? Don't mind particuarly either way.