• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup (Season 11)

Bobisback

International Regular
Hahaha damn... you've got these fixtures:

Jaffna Jets V Magical Ponies
Four Pillars and Poor Fillers V central Districts

Then Pete and I have to play each other. Pfft. Easy roads to the final are no fun.

Just challenged Pete. I don't think I am going to win this one. Maybe if I had full PFL, but I am really struggling at the moment, especially bowling wise-

Mulholland (lively)
Mullis (lively)
Mcmillan (invigorated)
Dyke (moderate)
Appleyard (fresh)

:(
You lost to Tozz man, you're the easy beat out of the last 8.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know about Div 5 or whatever you guys are in, but it ain't easy once you promote a few times :cool:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I read that as, "I lost to tozz, i have no say here."
I don't understand Div 5 speak, you will have to translate :( Did you say something about easy opposition or something though, because I think I did pick something up about PFL management being non-existent in the lower leagues.

PY

International Coach
Accepted fixture against Rob.

Cannot wait for this. Should be a classic. If I could sneak through then I'd quite like a draw against Smitty.

That'd be pleasurable.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Accepted fixture against Rob.

Cannot wait for this. Should be a classic. If I could sneak through then I'd quite like a draw against Smitty.

That'd be pleasurable.
How is your PFL, Pete? Mine is on the road to recovery, and my batsmen are all fairly good, but I am still struggling in the bowling department.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
See Rob the smart sides throw FC, it called PFL management. Maybe one day you will learn. :p
See, I actually prefer FC in some regards. More tactics involved. Although it is pretty much, the better side wins, especially since every game is a PAN.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
So do I tbh, but with the way the game is. It is near impoosible to be competitive in both and keep PFLs good unless you have a squad of 14-15 good players. You really need 7 bowlers to try and manage it.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the game has started. I lost the toss and was sent in to bat - which was weird, because I had planned to bat first anyway. Hard & fast pitch, sunny conditions - perfect for batting. I have rejigged the batting order a tiny bit after I lost a rather crucial OD game on Friday (which basically means I am in Div 3 for sure for another season... stupid Div 1 FC camper sides) - moved Bhutia down to 4 and brought Whitehouse up to 3 - just to try and stop a similar collapse. Anyway, 10 overs down, solid start -

End of Over 10: 51-0, runrate=5.10
Croft 5-0-17-0
Shaw* 25 (28 balls)
Gray 25 (33 balls)

However this means very little. These two will need to go on with it and the next 3 (Whitehouse, Bhutia and Mcmillan) need to contribute. Looks a well poised game!

PY

International Coach
Hmm I'm not very confident at this stage, not enough wickets to keep me happy.

End of Over 32: 161-2, runrate=5.03
Harris 6-0-33-0
Bhutia* 21 (28 balls)
Shaw 72 (78 balls)
Last Wicket: Whitehouse b. Bardle 0 (FOW: 126/2)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Grr... Shaw! Why?! Mcmillan, who isn't exactly in great form, comes to the crease to join Bhutia, who IS in good form at the moment:

End of Over 39: 218-3, runrate=5.59
Ferrell 8-1-44-1
Bhutia* 49 (49 balls)
Mcmillan 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Shaw c. Clemence b. Ferrell 101 (FOW: 218/3)