• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup, season ten

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Challenged the Barbarians.

My FC season may be over by the time we play, with relegation to III beckoning :(

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Accepted. I've even compromised my 100% FC record by resting almost everyone so they'll be vaguely fit again for Sunday. Aiming to be the worst team ever to make the semis... :)

That said, I just looked at your bowling. Erk.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Accepted. I've even compromised my 100% FC record by resting almost everyone so they'll be vaguely fit again for Sunday. Aiming to be the worst team ever to make the semis... :)

That said, I just looked at your bowling. Erk.
I've got quite the reverse situation -- yesterday and this morning have given me a glimmer of hope of staying in FC II...so I'm going to bowl my best bowlers into the ground tomorrow. Then I've got an OD III crunch game (5th vs 6th) on Friday, and an absolute must win FC match next week.

In short, you're unlikely to face a full Withington side. I'll probably have to rest two of my bowlers :(

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
early wickets were never going to fall tbh
Pah. Don't talk crap, you know just as much as I do that these things do happen in Battrick - rightly or wrongly. Otherwise shocks would never happen.

Let me know when you're down in Wellington and I'll take you on at a real life game of something - we'll see how ****y you are then, chump.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Had a much easier win over Dav than I expected.

Central Districts: 10/209
Conn 99 (100) (Yes that's his 2nd 99 in 3 days, what a gun.)
Keane 53 (53)
Islam 3/40 (8.1)

def.

Lancashire: 10/32
Howell 12 (9)
Holt 4/6 (5)
Lambert 3/22 (7)

by 177 runs. MOTM: Conn

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Oleary's got me off to a great start against Withington:

End of Over 6: 36-3, runrate=6.00
Pead 3-0-22-0
Fish* 21 (13 balls)
Sandwith 6 (14 balls)
Last Wicket: Reed lbw b. Oleary 5 (FOW: 15/3)

Sandwith is a level above, though, will have to get lucky to nab him.

Edit: Gill and Marriott then rip through the middle and lower order to skittle the Wonderers for 72. Blimey. Withington's bowling is properly scary though, and it's seaming conditions...

Last edited: