• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup, season ten

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't want to get ahead of myself, but if Keane and Dylan can stay in for another 60-80 runs I'll win here. Massive effort from new-boy Holt bundled Anchormen out for 191. Holt finished with figures of 7/28 from 7.1 overs.

Currently 0/57 after 11 overs.
Yeah, struggling at the moment. None of my bats really fired... Hyde got both Gray and Bhutia pretty cheaply and it was S.T. Ruggleville from there. Keane and (until recently) Dylan have batted really well in the chase too.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah, struggling at the moment. None of my bats really fired... Hyde got both Gray and Bhutia pretty cheaply and it was S.T. Ruggleville from there. Keane and (until recently) Dylan have batted really well in the chase too.
Yeah Hyde getting a few is a bit suss. He'll be a great player in the future but at the moment isn't really good enough to be knocking over players of Bhutia's calibre. Still nervous as I'm really two batsmen short, Conn is all I've got left. If Campbell can hang around long enough for Keane to put it beyond doubt I'll be happy.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Somehow even though I swear i had put my orders to rights. My reserve wicketkeeper was bowling instead of my 2nd seam bowler. But anyway, props to Greg.

cricketboy29

International Regular
Somehow even though I swear i had put my orders to rights. My reserve wicketkeeper was bowling instead of my 2nd seam bowler. But anyway, props to Greg.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Haha wow, they actually got bowled out? Must've been one hell of a collapse.
Surprised it took so long for the collaspe to start. Usually starts from ball one, not over 38. Feels so weird to have runs to defend, though I reckon we have to bowl you out to have any chance. Can't see us defending it in 50 overs.

Agent TBY

International Captain
My bowling kinda sucks, though.

Two wickets and you're home, even if one of Mohammed or Chanderpaul's left standing.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Code:
5.2 	W	Canning to Reed
 	 	The bowler had Reed feeling for that one, who drove on the up to Potgieter at extra cover, straight into the midriff and the fielder juggled it twice, before holding on.
5.1 	W	Canning to Marshall
 	 	He called for the run and then midway realised he didn't want it. It's like throwing a drowning man both ends of the rope! Run out.

End of Over 5: 27-0, runrate=5.40
Fernando	3-0-24-0
Marshall*	11 (9 balls)
Mcgregor	15 (21 balls)
Reed goes first ball to Canning, stoked. Still got Sandwith and the rest to deal with though.

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
I forgot to set my orders against the Cymru Gurgitaters (in fact I forgot about the match), and I've just logged on and beheld the following:

We can tell you that Beard XI won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this partially cloudy day.

End of Over 16: 44-7, runrate=2.75
Gill 3-0-5-1
Mohammed* 1 (9 balls)
Bewers 0 (8 balls)
Last Wicket: Lombard b. Marriott 6 (FOW: 43/7)

Wasn't expecting that, it's fair to say.

Bobisback

International Regular
Beat Got Spin quite comfortably in the end.

EDIT: looking good for the Semi Finals too.

Last edited:

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Chasing 60 - 13 runs have never looked so far away:

End of Over 13: 47-4, runrate=3.62, reqrunrate=0.38 (60-10)
Katleho 2-0-10-1
Platt* 13 (23 balls)
Alshaun 8 (9 balls)
Last Wicket: Boardley c. Wilde b. Katleho 2 (FOW: 35/4)

Edit - not any more:

And that's the end of the match. Beard XI won by 6 wickets.
Cymru Gurgitaters 60-10
Beard XI 61-4

Blow me down with a feather.

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like Hurren's snail pace at the start of the innings might come back to hurt me.

End of Over 38: 164-3, runrate=4.32, reqrunrate=8.00 (259-4)
Brooker 9-0-50-1
Canning* 16 (20 balls)
Terry 78 (86 balls)
Last Wicket: Tedstone b. Brooker 8 (FOW: 129/3)

Still, if any pair can do it it's these two.

Bobisback

International Regular
End of Over 45: 208-8, runrate=4.62, reqrunrate=10.40 (259-4)
Gibb 8-0-35-5
Terry* 97 (100 balls)
Erasmus 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Fernando c. Fish b. Gibb 0 (FOW: 208/8)

Was looking forward to a ponies pillars semi too :(