• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup, season nine

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
happy with what ever not like my side has any chance at all anyway so its just for fun guys!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm backing Vimesy's rankings here. You guys are showing such a crass lack of appreciation for the work he's doing to run this show for you. Frankly, if you don't like his ranking; just **** off.
8-)

Settle down. It was pretty clear that we were simply trying to offer our thoughts on making this competition better. We just don't need people overreacting and getting on their high horses while we're trying to garner ideas & opinions from everyone, because that's key to making sure this competition keeps improving.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
8-)

Settle down. It was pretty clear that we were simply trying to offer our thoughts on making this competition better. We just don't need people overreacting and getting on their high horses while we're trying to garner ideas & opinions from everyone, because that's key to making sure this competition keeps improving.
No ****ing overreacting! Are you havin' a ****ing laugh? I'll give you what for sonny-jim!!

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe this could be considered over reacting given someone's just contributing their time & effort to do something to benefit everyone, eh?
I thought the joking tone of "for God's sake, man!" would've illustrated how not-angry I was. Who actually says that seriously, seriously? :p

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For goodness sake, does everyone want to throw their toys out the pram now so we can get on with it? :baby:

It's only a CW cup that supposed to be about banter and reading SP's rants against society and the degradation of common sense.
:laugh:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Would personally like to see a random draw. We basically get the same outcome each cup in regards to which teams make the final.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I'm pretty sure that most of us here know which teams are better than which. Tharmi's is close enough for mine, he's too high if it's just based on ability of the team but his cup run last season has to be rewarded so fair enough.
Should be noted that those ratings were based mainly on overall cup performances. Basically went from winners, finalist, semi finalist, quarter finalist, 2nd round etc, then overall cup performances. Only time that Batstats or indiviual matches against each other came into consideration was when sides had similar cup performances.

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Been so carried away with my glorious (ahem) start to the season that I totally forgot about this... Is it too late for The Heath CC to show up and get hammered?

nibbs

International Captain
tbh, with a random draw, the chances are still pretty high that the same sides will still reach the latter reaches anyway.

nibbs

International Captain
a random draw ruins the fun of viewing the seedings list imo, so you would be removing the fun of this from the competition for starters. although shocked at being seeded 16th, in my hak's list, my last two attempts at a competition that my side once dominated have quite notably been pretty gutless. i'm not too bothered with how hakon decids to run this, but i'd prefer to see seedings. its a become a cricketweb battrick cup tradition, and you simply do not mess with tradition imo.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
On a random cup draw, it would be ok if you weren't having group stage. If you have group stage you need some sort of seedings. Or it could just get stupid, with one team with no contenders and another with 2 or 3. If you have knockout then it not a big deal really, as the top team will probably meet in the latter stages anyway. But if you have group stage, it could be joke without seedings. You need seedings atleast during the group stage.